Alright, lets try to figure this out:

White or Black Wii U?
Controller method?
USB/SD? Speed? Brand?
Haxchi/Mocha/Other?
Any game in the disc tray?
Last time your Wii U got cleaned?
Connected to Wifi or not?
Anything else connected to the Wii U except TV and USB/SD?
Describe issue or not:
Black
Gamepad
USB toshiba, speed unknow
Mocha
No
Never lol
Connected
Nope
Framerate drops in kakariko 100% of the time, other places are ok, framerate drops a little in other places but then goes back to normal speed pretty fast
USA console
Playing on TV

Last edited by AutumnWolf,
K

KingpinSlim

OP
But you still never answered my question into why alot of people have had zero issues with frame rate yet others have.
Because the perception of speed and motion is different in every human being.
Just like the human brain is different for everyone, as are the eyes.
No human being perceives anything completely equal to any other human being.
Humans and any living creature are unique in their strength and weaknesses and attributes can vary wildly within even the same Genus.

nolimits59

Trophies
XP
Country
France
funny to see people talking about WW which, when it can, doesnt even use textures to have a better cellshading effect x). the game is empty af, of course it run at 1080p 30fps stable, but still, it still capped at 30fps...
btw, took a little photo with my phone (bad focus, i know...x) ), damn thats goergous ! That details onn the grass + the village itself, the geography, it feel so "natural" :).
1yX9RA.jpg

Fistofmana

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've also experienced drops in the framerate. When the game can't keep up with 30fps, it seems to drop to exactly half that which is normal for vsync. The game is probably able to perform near 30fps all the time but even the slightest drop will bring it down to 15fps. They apparently opted out of using something like adaptive vysync techniques where if it drops below the required rate then it turns vsync off, but that has it's own drawbacks such as screen tearing. Hopefully they'll be able to optimise it in the future. That being said, it is a beautiful game. You can see the attention to detail in practically every aspect of it. This is absolutely a system seller for the switch and probably the best game I've played in years.

Baoulettes

The lonely man
Trophies
Website
www.baoulettes.fr
XP
Country
France
funny to see people talking about WW which, when it can, doesnt even use textures to have a better cellshading effect x). the game is empty af, of course it run at 1080p 30fps stable, but still, it still capped at 30fps...
btw, took a little photo with my phone (bad focus, i know...x) ), damn thats goergous ! That details onn the grass + the village itself, the geography, it feel so "natural" :).
1yX9RA.jpg

AAAAAH such screen, for me it look good enough for a wii u and start game for switch :3
Less joke, i have seen all screen there and totaly look good for me when I compare to older zelda game and see the progress they made, btw that screens was the first preview i have seen of the game.
No trailer nothing before so that like a nice Balrog's punch. (us translation version no Jpn else that would be M.Bison right ?)
the one that complain about pirate version be-aware you are just a beta tester of the game xD

Just few day to go for release, i hope amazon will prooperly deliver it friday

Wiiunator

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Alright, lets try to figure this out:

White or Black Wii U?
Controller method?
USB/SD? Speed? Brand?
Haxchi/Mocha/Other?
Any game in the disc tray?
Last time your Wii U got cleaned?
Connected to Wifi or not?
TV/Gamepad? Both?
Anything else connected to the Wii U except TV and USB/SD?
Region of Wii U?
Describe issue or not:

White EUR console
Controller through Gamepad
Loaded on WD Elements Portable 1TB USB 3 drive
Haxchi
No disc in tray
Connected to WIFI but filtered through DNS
Playing on TV

Slight frame drop in the Village.. but nothing like people have described here.. more like 20+ fps, totally playable. I'm actually amazed how well the game is running so far to be honest....

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
By the way this game is really hard, you get killed by everybody...
Oh yeah, one hit kills. Encountered many already :P That changes from easy Zelda games, I have to say.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: These videos are soooo dry