yardie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not nnnnnnn
Please be reminded that only the Switch Hackers have the dumped game and will never distribute it to the public. Switch Homebrew is far finished yet. So, don't expect any Switch dump games around this year or so. Even though Switch game models and resources have been dumped, but not the entire game.
Games have been dumped

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great job guys! But I think you should give Nintendo at least a small chance to make money on the console. With this emulator we'll never see Metroid Prime 5, because you'll f@cking kill Nintendo)

Yeah, no sorry, but you're wrong. Emulators never kill consoles, nor does piracy, please back up your bullshit with hard evidence. Thanks.:rolleyes:

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The emulation sc3ne is going crazy. We have monthly updates with RPCS3 making really good progress, we have Citra3ds emulator (even with it's slow progression) allowing us to play awesome 3ds games on PC, Cemu which received a crazy boost in speed recently and now this.

How crazy would it be if BOTW becomes more stable on the switch emu faster then BOTW on Cemu:rofl:

Last edited by BlackWizzard17,

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Please be reminded that only the Switch Hackers have the dumped game and will never distribute it to the public. Switch Homebrew is far finished yet. So, don't expect any Switch dump games around this year or so. Even though Switch game models and resources have been dumped, but not the entire game.
not this year?
but it has just begun :)

DaniPoo

Trophies
XP
Country
How do you compile it? I am sorry I am used to have an application right when I download an emulator. Cemu, Dolphin, etc.

Well the emulator will probably be released in a precompiled package like most other emulators out there.
But this emulator is not yet released so that's why you're only able to get hold of the sourcecode.
There are many free compilers out there.

I read that this emulator is written in C++ so maybe you could try MinGW, I have not yet looked at the code or attempted to compile this myself so I don't know if MinGW will work with this project it might be reliant on libraries only present elsewhere.

You could also get Microsoft Visual Studio Express, It is free and comes with a C++ compiler.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great job guys! But I think you should give Nintendo at least a small chance to make money on the console. With this emulator we'll never see Metroid Prime 5, because you'll f@cking kill Nintendo)
Lol, unless you could emulate Switch at full performance on current and coming soon smartphone s\tablets would totally kill Switch...

Now having the emulator running full games at full performance only a few years from now (probably) and probably needing a powerful PC, won't do anything to Nintendo...

This is the first ever portable console that I'm crazy about it for the performance in portable mode... As a home console I don't care a single bit about it since even my PS4 Pro totally disappoint me connected to my Samsung 4K TV in graphics, physics and overall performance. I wish I had money for the last gen I7 and a GTX 1080TI... and even that is beyond disappointing for the current price and the new technologies that have been shown like the new intel brain like PC with 100x more efficiency than current chips.

Ps: hell, technology is changing so much each day at incredible rates, problem is really that they show things hundreds of times more advanced but only launch small improvements on final products each year that everyone can buy which are years behind the crap they show us that makes us to keep dreaming :(.

Last edited by guily6669,
Reactions: Edgy_Edge

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should read a bit more into stuff before you jump the gun with such claims, the switch uses Nvidia's Tegra X1 chip that was used in things like the Shield TV and Google's Pixel C, uses custom API's and god knows what else, aparently the OS shares a lot in commom with the 3DS, but to say that "its probably not that hard because because it probably uses a bunch of assets from wii u" is a claim way off base since they are nothing alike.

Just because there are several ports from wii u doesn't mean the system is a recycled version of it.

MAYBE used a lot of recycled assets. I did not say with absolute certainty and I'm not gonna pretend I know what you talking about. All I pointed out was a trend of recycling stuff from previous systems. If I am unaware this is drastically different then there is more relaxed and less condescending ways to bring it to my attention.

So let's go over this again.
  1. Was not absolutely certain
  2. Did not claim anything
  3. Pointed out a observation based on a noticeable trend
But since people don't seem to either care about MAYBE being used and assume what I said was supposed to be taken as contributing facts, then I dunno what I dunno. All people can see is "This guy is dumb, he obviously don't know anything about it." Which I never claimed to have said or supported. I don't know, I didn't say I did, I admitted I don't know for certain and why I pointed out something I noticed. Maybe, a word uses that doesn't show total confidence or absolute certainty.

DaniPoo

Trophies
XP
Country
So let's go over this again.
  1. Was not absolutely certain
  2. Did not claim anything
  3. Pointed out a observation based on a noticeable trend
But since people don't seem to either care about MAYBE being used and assume what I said was supposed to be taken as contributing facts, then I dunno what I dunno. All people can see is "This guy is dumb, he obviously don't know anything about it." Which I never claimed to have said or supported. I don't know, I didn't say I did, I admitted I don't know for certain and why I pointed out something I noticed. Maybe, a word uses that doesn't show total confidence or absolute certainty.

It's cool, Most people care about MAYBE being used.
If only a few people think that you're stupid then you're problably not that stupid.

I could post that I wish peace and love between all people on earth and I would probably be hated by some for it here on the internet.

Don't take it as personal insults.
Some of them may be insecure bullies or plain as##oles.
Try picking the gold out of the gravel and ignore the birdshit.

Reactions: Deleted User

Emogop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
It has to be expected, given the simplicity of CPU clocked only at 1 Ghz and which based on a well known Cortex A5X architecture. The hardest part will be GPU-based emulation which is much more advanced in comparison.
But the most important part is the Switch itself, which cannot run homebrew yet and no one even knows if it ever will. I'm not a programmer but what sense does it make if you couldn't see how the real hardware behaves.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's cool, Most people care about MAYBE being used.
If only a few people think that you're stupid then you're problably not that stupid.

I could post that I wish peace and love between all people on earth and I would probably be hated by some for it here on the internet.

Don't take it as personal insults.
Some of them may be insecure bullies or plain as##oles.
Try picking the gold out of the gravel and ignore the birdshit.
Lol, is fine, I don't take offense to it because I wasn't informed on the switch and all it operations and how it functions. I was just pointing out a trend cause it was used more than once that seem likely to be the case again. I mean if I'm wrong, so bet it. I was told that already so now I know I messed up. Is more about how condescending people are declaring someone is wrong that can lead to some major negative responses that I hope others wasn't gonna get assaulted with. But is only me trying to prevent the inevitable right? :ninja:

To be honest, I'm more interested in this emulator, mostly interested if it can run on Nvidia shield tv as well. So I'm glad this is a thing now. Honestly I wanted Nvidia to make the shield portable 2 with Tegra X1 so i can buy a portable version with more power, but hasn't happened yet. Still wonder what new stuff the emulator can come up with that makes me excited. :toot:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work