Translation Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Tag Force 6 - Translation Project

Remotay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would this be of any use to anyone? It's a program called AGTH. This is what it says on the programs website
Anime Games Text Hooker

AGTH is a tool for capturing text from running programs. Main purpose - extracting text from japanese games for translation.
AGTH works by intercepting program calls of system text functions. So when game tries to print some text on the screen - it's not just printed but also captured as text. AGTH doesn't scan for text any files or program memory, doesn't try to OCR any screen area - it just logs text interaction of program and system. So if game uses text already printed on images - nothing useful can be captured from it.

I Know that paragraph doesn't really say much about it, but I saw some videos on YouTube of people using this to translate Japanese visual novels, and it looks like it did a really accurate job translating every string of text the characters where saying.

Scratch this post. I just tried using this stuff and it didn't do a very good job.

Screw_the_Rules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would this be of any use to anyone? It's a program called AGTH. This is what it says on the programs website
Anime Games Text Hooker

AGTH is a tool for capturing text from running programs. Main purpose - extracting text from japanese games for translation.
AGTH works by intercepting program calls of system text functions. So when game tries to print some text on the screen - it's not just printed but also captured as text. AGTH doesn't scan for text any files or program memory, doesn't try to OCR any screen area - it just logs text interaction of program and system. So if game uses text already printed on images - nothing useful can be captured from it.

I Know that paragraph doesn't really say much about it, but I saw some videos on YouTube of people using this to translate Japanese visual novels, and it looks like it did a really accurate job translating every string of text the characters where saying.

I'll take a look at it, see if I can understand how to use it. Thanks.

Screw_the_Rules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anime Games Text Hooker

Scratch this post. I just tried using this stuff and it didn't do a very good job.

Doesn't seem to work. So far there's only support for Visual Novel Reader games that are emulated using PPSSPP. So it won't work for TF6, unfortunately.

blackfire219

D-Wheeler Accel Duelist
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello there! There are Duelist names that I want to be changed. I know it's not really necessary, but because you are localizing the game into English, there are some names that I want to be changed from its Japanese names to English names. So here they are:

Duelist Tier 1:

Aki Izayoi to Akiza Izinski
Bruno Borelli to Bruno only (Antinomy is enough, no need to convert to Vizor)
Ushio Tetsu to Tetsu Trudge

Duelist Tier 2:

Placido to Primo
Lucciano to Lester
Jose to Jakob
Mikage Sagiri to Mina Simington
Yeager to Lazar
Carly Nagisa to Carly Carmine
Misty Lola to Misty Tredwell
Kiryu Kyosuke to Kalin Kessler
Boomer to Greiger
Rudger Goodwin to Roman Goodwin

Duelist Tier 3:
Nanosa to Carly Nanosa (the No. 105 Duelist and the last)

So that's all. I didn't listed the other Duelist names above because they are already converted into their English version names from the old patch.

By the way, I have a friend who is half-Japanese and half-Filipino, and he knows Japanese..so if you want him to help with this project, just contact me on Facebook or here [email protected]. But I can't promise that he will help translating, because he is busy on his work. But still I will try to convince him. My Facebook name is Natie Nathz.

omarrrio

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
but because you are localizing the game into English

i am NOT localizing the game to english, that's 4Kids job, localizing is covering cleavage, expanding mini-skirts and changing the meaning of the story, i am translating, as in literal translation of the story, images and misc menus. So i am going to have to pass to rename the guys to their 4Tard names, sorry bro :/

blackfire219

D-Wheeler Accel Duelist
Trophies
XP
Country
i am NOT localizing the game to english, that's 4Kids job, localizing is covering cleavage, expanding mini-skirts and changing the meaning of the story, i am translating, as in literal translation of the story, images and misc menus. So i am going to have to pass to rename the guys to their 4Tard names, sorry bro :/

what I mean is to localize their names to English..I didn't meant to localize the characters' appearance..but it's ok for me if you don't want to change their names..hehe :lol:

mgbenz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
As much as we hate 4Kids I do have a fondness for their name changes. A lot of names are changed for the better like Insector and Dinosaur to Weevil and Rex.

flame1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, it took for-like-ever, but it's completely uploaded now. Sorry about it being like 22 mins long, but that's because I wanted to answer any questions you might have about
the whole dealio. Here's the link

What tool do you use to make videos like this? I want to make a video for my project team.

DunnoBro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just when I was beginning to lose hope, I see the screencaps of the story translations thus far!

Glorious!

Screw_the_Rules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just when I was beginning to lose hope, I see the screencaps of the story translations thus far!

Glorious!

I've got like 1200 of the story lines translated. Combined with what Omarrrio orginally gave me. It's a little under 1600 lines of the story mode done.
We ran into a little bump right now that we're trying to fix with the "story script" file being too big. But I'm going to keep translating in hopes that Omarrrio finds a solution
before the patch is ready to release.

blackfire219

D-Wheeler Accel Duelist
Trophies
XP
Country
How about tweaking the script encoding? Just like Skybladecloud did when his patch had problems about the RAM limitations of the PSP console and the game crash. The encoding hack he did was converted the Hiragana characters to Latin characters, and the Latin characters consumes only 1 byte per character and 2 bytes for the rest of the characters (like symbols or Japanese characters, etc.). So he optimized a little amount of memory.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: hi