YSMenu problem on R4i Platinum (weird clone)

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by AndyM3, Mar 12, 2010.

Mar 12, 2010
  1. AndyM3
    OP

Newcomer AndyM3 Newbie

United Kingdom
    Hello all!

I bought a second hand DS today and spent about 6 hours trying to get it to work properly... with absolutely no success.
    The DS came with an "R4i Platinum" cartridge (http://www.r4iplat.com). I want to run Mario Kart DS to get the DS' MAC address (I use MAC filtering on my router). The latest software version from r4iplat.com doesn't want to load it, though. It won't load any commercial ROM, in fact. Just hangs on "Loading...".
    I tried using YSMenu, then. I tried replacing the card's software with it using various tutorials and auto-builders, but it din't work. Then I tried to run YSMenu as a stand-alone .nds file, which eventually worked. But now I have another problem: YSMenu gives me a "Unsupported DLDI name" error when I try to run anything, be it a commercial ROM or homebrew.
    Now, I googled all the terms I could think of, but it just tells me about the same solutions every time. Which don't work [​IMG]

Any ideas? Thanks in advance and excuse my potential noobiness [​IMG]

2. outgum

Member outgum Pokemanz Master

New Zealand
    just put a password on your router and dont use Mac filtering?
    or get a different flashcart
    Never heard of R4i Platinum so...
    yeah

3. AndyM3
    OP

Newcomer AndyM3 Newbie

United Kingdom
    Well, I have someone in my appartment that cracked my router twice when it was set to WEP encryption. I now use WPA, but the DS doesn't support it. So, I thought about an open network with MAC filtering.
    But yes, I think I'll get a legit R4DS soon. Just found one at a local reseller, at about 20$.
    Thanks anyway.

4. Depravo

Global Moderator Depravo Jaded curmudgeon

United Kingdom
    Why? Do you have a time machine?

5. Dark^'^Knigh

Member Dark^'^Knigh GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    [​IMG]
    It's absolutely astounding how a n00b finds GBAtemp, finds the nds hardware section, finds the R4 DS sub-section, posts a relevant topic question, appears to know a bit about wi-fi, but...........cannot see the plethora of topics here citing all of the problems with R4 carts - all fake/clones & are a total waste of money! Most have compatibility issues that either never get resolved, or take eternity to remedy [​IMG]