Hacking YSMenu problem on R4i Platinum (weird clone)

AndyM3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello all!

I bought a second hand DS today and spent about 6 hours trying to get it to work properly... with absolutely no success.
The DS came with an "R4i Platinum" cartridge (http://www.r4iplat.com). I want to run Mario Kart DS to get the DS' MAC address (I use MAC filtering on my router). The latest software version from r4iplat.com doesn't want to load it, though. It won't load any commercial ROM, in fact. Just hangs on "Loading...".
I tried using YSMenu, then. I tried replacing the card's software with it using various tutorials and auto-builders, but it din't work. Then I tried to run YSMenu as a stand-alone .nds file, which eventually worked. But now I have another problem: YSMenu gives me a "Unsupported DLDI name" error when I try to run anything, be it a commercial ROM or homebrew.
Now, I googled all the terms I could think of, but it just tells me about the same solutions every time. Which don't work
frown.gif

Any ideas? Thanks in advance and excuse my potential noobiness
biggrin.gif

AndyM3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I have someone in my appartment that cracked my router twice when it was set to WEP encryption. I now use WPA, but the DS doesn't support it. So, I thought about an open network with MAC filtering.
But yes, I think I'll get a legit R4DS soon. Just found one at a local reseller, at about 20$.
Thanks anyway.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
AndyM3 said:
Well, I have someone in my appartment that cracked my router twice when it was set to WEP encryption. I now use WPA, but the DS doesn't support it. So, I thought about an open network with MAC filtering.
But yes, I think I'll get a legit R4DS soon. Just found one at a local reseller, at about 20$.
Thanks anyway.
Why? Do you have a time machine?

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Depravo said:
Why? Do you have a time machine?
rofl.gif

It's absolutely astounding how a n00b finds GBAtemp, finds the nds hardware section, finds the R4 DS sub-section, posts a relevant topic question, appears to know a bit about wi-fi, but...........cannot see the plethora of topics here citing all of the problems with R4 carts - all fake/clones & are a total waste of money! Most have compatibility issues that either never get resolved, or take eternity to remedy
wacko.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.