Your tastes in gaming

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I started playing RPG's and Sonic since I was a kid, so... I like most rpg's, be it western or japanese (and korean ones are fine too), and I like a few platformers, like Sonic, Rayman (the PSX ones), Earthworm Jim and Klonoa. =3

I have adquired tastes for some new games over the course of the years, like some adventure games (Crash Bandicoot, Jak, Ratchet & Clank and Bugs Bunny & Taz) but my fave genre is still RPGs.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I forgot to mention that I also can't play SRPGs. Like at all. Or strategy games in general.

As a kid I loved Age of Empires, Galactic Battlegrounds, Empire Earth, that type of stuff. I also remember enjoying Fire Emblem. Hell, the last DS game I bought was Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon. Then I just couldn't play them any more. I have no idea why. Like I would look at a SRPG game and just never have the desire to play it. Not too long ago I tried tackling all the PSP SRPGs and I couldn't. Couldn't get past the first level of War of the Lions without shutting it off, couldn't play more than half an hour of Tactics Ogre, I just ended up deleting them all. The only recent strategy game I could enjoy was Valkyria Chronicles II and that's rather off the beaten path.

I wouldn't say it's because I'm an "instant gratification" gamer. I can (and have been able to) sit through plenty of grinding or long cutscenes. I can stay glued to my screen through all the Metal Gear Solid cutscenes and I love nothing more than a large chunk of dialogue in Mass Effect. Just anything with a grid I couldn't play. I don't view the games as bad even, it's just something I can't play without falling asleep.

And yeah, I'd say I definitely lean more towards ARPGs over turn based ones. Now and then I enjoy a turn based RPG but I certainly wouldn't say I like them more than ARPGs. Plus I find so many turn based RPG combat systems devolve into finding a way to break the game, whether it's by overbuffing a skill or exploiting some cheap combo, rather than actual skill. ARPGs, while sometimes relying on skills and stuff, do require some skill in combat.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-