Hacking Your reaction to your "FIRST" flashcart

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
Mine was the original R4 with a 2GB memory stick. I was happy with it since I didn't really care about features, I was just happy that I got to play NDS games for free. (I'm still a student, so I don't have $$$)

Krisboo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I bought my First flashcart in 15th July, in this year. I was very happy, because i bought a Dsi along with it. Then, i realize that it was a clone ( NEO), and now , seeing that i won't be able to play the newest games , i will buy a M3i Zero( i entered GbaTemp community, looking for reviews and help, many thanks to everyone ) . Aniway, the fake came with a 2GB micro Sd ( something good about it ), and i played many games with it. But it's time to change xD.

Krisboo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
QUOTE said:
Sisi little girl happines..

WTF? and that comment comes from....

smile.gif

bp2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My first cart was a max media dock and when i finally figured out how to run roms on it i was like f*** yea but then i tried running animal crossing ww and it fried it then i bought a games n music (i know i was a noob) and that thing sucked a** so i returned it.Then like 2 years later i bought a edge wich was fu** awesome and now i was either thinking of getting either a m3i 0 or a itouch2 or a ez5i so if i ever get a dsi but im not sure wat

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Krisboo said:
QUOTE said:
Sisi little girl happines..

WTF? and that comment comes from....
When he got his first flashcard, he was giddy like a schoolgirl. That's what he meant. His reaction to his first flashcart wasn't HELL Y3AH, PWN4G3, it was more like squealing with excitement like a seven year old on Christmas morning.

Krisboo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
QUOTE said:
When he got his first flashcard, he was giddy like a schoolgirl. That's what he meant. His reaction to his first flashcart wasn't HELL Y3AH, PWN4G3, it was more like squealing with excitement like a seven year old on Christmas morning.

Ups, okay. I misunderstand it, i thought he was refering to me, cause i mention that "i was happy".
xD A problem caused because english isn't my native language. Very sorry.

c ya
biggrin.gif

Euroeuro

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My First Flashcart was a Supercard CF, which i got about 4 years ago.
I got a DS too with Mario Kart DS and i played GBA games a lot on the Card.
The problem was it needed about 1 min loading time for big games, but at that time there were many new games for GBA but about 3 years ago they stopped making new games. Then i got a "Max Media Launcher" and i could play DS games on the Card, which was a Supercard SD now because i broke all the pins in the CF version^^. In that time it was the happiest moment in my current lifetime, because i played whole the day on this card^^

GbaDoctor

GbaTemp MaD fOrGeD DoCtOr
Trophies
Website
gbadoctor.spaces.live.com
XP
Country
Italy
Oh well i started working on gba as soon as first flashcards surfaced.
I had flash2advance 64mb,128 and then later 256mb.

When i was part of the gbatemp staff, we ran a competition and our sponsorship dispatched a few samples of the mighty X-Rom 512mb.

I remember when costello asked to me if i wanted a sample cart as a gift and hell...i said yes!

After alot of years ive sold everything but i still have my awesome x-rom 512mb here with me along with the flasher....good old times, indeed
smile.gif

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
My first flash cart was a 64 MBit GB-Xchanger. Oldest flash cart I own is this:

Super_Smart_Boy_Cartridge.jpg

4 MBit GB cartridge that can hold up to four games and can be flashed from my SNES copier. Moar info.

morphius said:
my FIRST flashcart was a Bung gb xchanger for the gameboy color. 64MegaBits of pure enjoyment. I remeber I ordered it from some place in Hong Kong and it took like 4 weeks to get here. It could hold ONE rom at a time, and the flashing of it was kinda hit or miss. I was like ohhhhhh i can has the rhomzorz!!!
You aware that the GBX had one of the best multicart menus of its time? With DGBMax you could even trim your GB/C games in 0.25 MBit steps to cram more games on a card and give mono GB games custom colors. I remember filling up mine with small games like Tetris, Super Mario Land or Quarth regularly.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Ez-flash IV was my first card. I didn't have much cash so I researched for a couple of months before making my decision. Of course this was before slot 1's took over.

It was crazy awesome when it arrived. Had a lot of problems but it was a fun experience and I learned a lot about the scene.

When I played my first DS rom, I was quite excited "probably something like, wow this works awesome!"

And when I loaded my first GBA games on there, my reaction was something like "shit yeah! finally able to catch up on all those games I missed, having never had a GBA!"

klein

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a dstt about a year ago with ysmenu. Works perfectly, with tons of games and homebrew. Out of the 4gb I have I only have about 2gb filled.

zeromac

Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well i had played with my cousin's R4 on his DsL like ages ago and when i first say it i was like "wow so many games can i play?" and i would always play the DS each time we traveled over to his house
smile.gif
thats what really got me started on a DS

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
It was a TTDS. My first reaction was like:

"What! You can play free games on that thing?! That's awesome!"
It had a cute little menu and some cheats. I loved it.

Then, when I found GBAtemp:

"Aww, man, I wish I had an Acekard, oh well, I'll have to cope with YSMenu I guess."

Eventually, some guy my aunt is friends with said to buy her son a Flashcart. So I asked her if I could keep the flashcart I bought (Acekard) and just give the my old one to her son. And I got an Acekard for free!

brissmas

Trophies
XP
Country
My first card was an original R4. I loved i was like OMG i can play games for free! I had an Ak2i until the other day when the spring broke so im stuck with my R4 until i order a new one which should be sometime tonight or tomorrow.

DSEmu4848

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
MadBob said:
GameKoder said:
ah, my first cart.. i don't even remember the name. it was for the original gameboy, could only hold one max of two games.. Took 360-780 secs too upload via a simple program called 'PC-Linker'; used a serial connection and worked properly only 75% of the time. I was excited beyond anything. This was back when gbatemp was hosting 5-10 roms, WAY before receiving that letter from nintendo. I still have it. Then it was XtremeFlash for GBA, then R4 & now am about buy another one.

?

pclink2b.jpg

Yep, that's the one. I took it out after posting & to my surprise, it still works! Ended up playing Azure Dreams for a while..

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GameKoder said:
Yep, that's the one. I took it out after posting & to my surprise, it still works! Ended up playing Azure Dreams for a while..
You win, good sir. An excellent game, if a bit slow-paced. After multiple shortcomings (my real cartridge died on me once I hit basement floor 83 or so), I started a new file using Lameboy and finally made it all the way to the bottom. The speed-up function of Lameboy was a godsend.

outgum

Pokemanz Master
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
My first Flas card was at the start of this year, And it was an R4, and as unexprienced as i was 'Lookie lokie i R have Legitz R4! lozlozlozlzlzololololzolzolzozlzozlozlz' btw it a clone >_>
But i deal with it and i own it proudly
happy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/7EqY4iZP4iI?si=SnXrNV8JyKnbrp9j