Hacking Your reaction to your "FIRST" flashcart

DSEmu4848

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ah, my first cart.. i don't even remember the name. it was for the original gameboy, could only hold one max of two games.. Took 360-780 secs too upload via a simple program called 'PC-Linker'; used a serial connection and worked properly only 75% of the time. I was excited beyond anything. This was back when gbatemp was hosting 5-10 roms, WAY before receiving that letter from nintendo. I still have it. Then it was XtremeFlash for GBA, then R4 & now am about buy another one.

Todderbert

Korg Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GameKoder said:
ah, my first cart.. i don't even remember the name. it was for the original gameboy, could only hold one max of two games.. Took 360-780 secs too upload via a simple program called 'PC-Linker'; used a serial connection and worked properly only 75% of the time. I was excited beyond anything. This was back when gbatemp was hosting 5-10 roms, WAY before receiving that letter from nintendo. I still have it. Then it was XtremeFlash for GBA, then R4 & now am about buy another one.
Ah, the smell of Old School!
yay.gif

I remember seeing a GBC flash cart, but it was too much and there wasn't a ton of games I wanted to play. Wish I would have bought for the collection.

Jotokun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My first flash cart was a Datel Games n Music. My initial reaction was "not worth it, but oh well" because it couldn't play backups and, at the time, had no DLDI support. Once it got DLDI support and the ability to launch commercial demos(not full roms, though), I started to really like it. I used it for emulators and DSOrganize until it broke(the SD card slot got stuck, and it took my microSD with it). Many have bad things to say about it, but when you consider its availability in brick and mortar stores, it truly was an amazing card. My DS phat broke, but if there were a DSi version out, I'd buy it on the spot just to give Datel support.

I've moved on recently, as I purchased an M3i zero that should be showing up any day now.

MadBob

Nostalgia ain't what it used to be!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Look at my Avatar and tell me what it was
smile.gif
and I still have it working and get the same buzz out of it as when I first used it.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well. this is interesting cause i didnt get a flashcart on my first few tries. I started with the datel media dock and had massive problems with it haha. i moved to the games 'n' music card. eventually my ds stopped reading them all together. i went through about 4. so i gave up.

...until i got my hands of a legit R4. It was useful and fun. i had minimal bugs and problems, but for the most part it was flawless. now its being utilized by my antipiracy brother as a media player lol

i moved on to an acekard. no complaints at all.

Todderbert

Korg Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MadBob said:
smile.gif
and I still have it working and get the same buzz out of it as when I first used it.
el awesomo! lovin it, you got a rare one there. Would love to find one of those for my collection.

MadBob

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Todderbert said:
MadBob said:
smile.gif
el awesomo! lovin it, you got a rare one there. Would love to find one of those for my collection.

Collection?

303g2er.jpg

MadBob

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
GameKoder said:

?

pclink2b.jpg

Todderbert

Korg Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MadBob said:
Todderbert said:
MadBob said:
smile.gif

Collection?

303g2er.jpg
Very nice collection. Are the red carts EZFAs? I missed the GB cart bandwagon, but still use my EZFA from the glorious GBA days.

Chao33

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got an edge card at first it was awesome then i swaped over to the acekard2i and gave my lil bro the edge card
happy.gif

MadBob

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Todderbert said:
Very nice collection. Are the red carts EZFAs? I missed the GB cart bandwagon, but still use my EZFA from the glorious GBA days.

Yes, I loved the EZFA cart, there is also an R4 there, the sticker fell off.

I still have working:
GameBoy Original
GameBoy Pocket
GameBoy Color
GameBoy Advance (although I think my ex missus stole that)
GameBoy SP
GameBoy SP Brighter Screen
GameBoy Micro

I can still remember the buzz I got turning the GameBoy Original on for the very first time with Tetris.

Todderbert

Korg Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MadBob said:
Todderbert said:

Yes, I loved the EZFA cart, there is also an R4 there, the sticker fell off.

I still have working:
GameBoy Original
GameBoy Pocket
GameBoy Color
GameBoy Advance (although I think my ex missus stole that)
GameBoy SP
GameBoy SP Brighter Screen
GameBoy Micro

I can still remember the buzz I got turning the GameBoy Original on for the very first time with Tetris.
Neat! I have quite a few sealed gameboys/games that I started collecting back in 2002. Missing an original sealed gameboy though. I just recently wanted to acquire the various flashcarts for them.

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
OMG!! I was like an idiot when buying the R4. I searched the youtube for reviews and this person has bought 2 R4s. lol

I then search for another R4 but to God's will, I got a DSTT instead.

Months later, after joining GBATEMP and then months later too, I got the Acekard 2.1 from rocksoft.

then I got the Acekard 2i from greenhills and bought another acekard 2i.

and this week was the M3i Zero.

Boy, that was some cool moments.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte