Your last chance to help Kickstart Shenmue III

photo-original.png

With less than 4 hours to go on its record breaking Kickstarter; Shenmue III has totalled over $5.9 million in pledges from fans around the world.

It's not too late to help back this project 14 years in the making, simply head over to the site by following the links and help back and/or secure your copy of the game from $5 or $29 respectively.

This is a game that meant a lot to myself and many others and until Yu Suzuki surprised everyone by showing up on stage at Sony's E3 2015 press conference to reveal his Kickstarter plans, many of us had given up hope of seeing the third instalment being realised.

Update: The Kickstarter how now ended.

Shenmue III Kickstarter

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The game could not be made without our funds as it's not a profitable title for a studio to invest in, that's the whole point of the Kickstarter. As for quality; Yu Suzuki's track record is enough for most of us to feel confident and I think everyone is aware this game won't be near the scale of the first two, I'd imagine it will be a much more condensed game. Lastly, it's been mentioned that the chance of a physical copies of the game being made available outside of this Kickstarter are slim to none so it's possibly the only chance for people who want a physical copy to grab one.

Good lord you're a grumpy bunch!
Oh.. so you mean if I spend money now, I can sell the physical PS4 copy on a total dumping price on Ebay? Okay, time to spend some money then! "Dear Shenmue PS4 Retail Fans - can you jump?"

:rolleyes:

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
What a lame stretch goals! but i hope the game itself rock. I would like to see an hd collection of shenmue 1 and 2 for pc.
The Portuguese subs should have always been there as they're important as Spanish but I'd agree that it's a rather poor stretch of them to have another batch of subs rather than an HD remaster of S1 and S2.

Shenmue 1 and 2 in HD with Shenmue 3 would be an awesome HD trilogy, even if the third game won't be that great.

indask8

New Member Forever
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The best part about this kickstarter is that it can potentially bring back Yu Suzuki to the videogame scene, this dude is basically the Shigeru Miyamoto of Sega, having him retired from the videogame scene was literally a crime.

This is why I'm glad I'm backing this, we've waited 14 years for a follow up of this game, it was never going to happen without the fans (and all the people who pledged without having played the first two games).

Now whether Shenmue 3 will be good or not... that's the whole point of kickstarter projects... risks and CHALLENGES. :)

Dr.Hacknik

Ashley | Developer | Trans
Trophies
Website
dochacknik.keybase.pub
XP
Country
United States
With less than 7 hours to go on its record breaking Kickstarter; Shenmue III has totalled over $5.7 million in pledges from fans around the world.

It's not too late to help back this project 14 years in the making, simply head over to the site by following the links and help back and/or secure your copy of the game from $5 or $29 respectively.

This is a game that meant a lot to myself and many others and until Yu Suzuki surprised everyone by showing up on stage at Sony's E3 2015 press conference to reveal his Kickstarter plans, many of us had given up hope of seeing the third instalment being realised.

Shenmue III Kickstarter

Wow, that's alot of money! I've never played Shenmue II or I; But i remember it was on Dreamcast. Aww, the good old Dreamcast!

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I just find it to be a shame that the Kickstarter wasn't handled on the same level as Bloodstained. Bloodstained is admittedly an extreme example of a Kickstarter gone ridiculously right, but it taught some lessons others should be paying attention to. Constant exposure in multiple social media outlets is important. Finding a way to keep people involved in the campaign is a great way to accomplish that. A well advertised and well organized fundraising event can lead to a huge influx of cash in the last 24 hours.
True. While it seems to be doing alright, it could have been better. It is pass 6M right now. They are streaming at 7:00.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because you want this game to do well so you can actually get a Shenmue 4? It isn't like he's going to start a Kickstarter for it before even getting anywhere close to finishing this game, if he even does it before the game is even out. Considering how long 3 took to even start to be made, I doubt it. I don't see why devs, like their fans, can't look into the future and hope for the series to continue.

I understand Kickstarter isn't perfect, but now you guys are just looking for something to complain about.
I dont want either of them, so I honestly couldn't care less.

Shenmue was such a weird, niche title that I really dont get all the hype. Guess people who love it want to see it finally get an ending, and thats fine, but the whole business and methodology of this kickstarter was very strange and intriguing to say the least.

And try not to lump me in with other people. I like Kickstarter as a platform, I backed YookaLaylee and I backed Bloodstained. Don't plan on backing this though, its already fine, and im sure when he has to have his other project backed in a few years, and maybe another one after that, everyone can fork over the cash for it as well :P

Bimmel

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I backed it a few seconds ago.

One possibility is, the game will suck. Another possibility is that a man can make his dream come true and many fans will be happy.
And when I played the first two titles for myself, I'm sure I will be too. Just saw this through some Let's Plays - but I like it.

(May my money be spent in a beauty trip for Ryos face)

Reactions: shaunj66

Bimmel

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It looks like people will be able to spend more money via Paypal later.

Lets break some more records!

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Too much shady stuff going on around this kickstarter. even if I was a big fan of the series, the kind of stuff they were pulling with this announcement and kickstarter is enough to give me pause and force me to wait till I can examine the final release.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mA-vTRfE_x0