Your last chance to help Kickstart Shenmue III

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by shaunj66, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Bimmel

Bimmel ~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~

Jan 28, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Oh.. so you mean if I spend money now, I can sell the physical PS4 copy on a total dumping price on Ebay? Okay, time to spend some money then! "Dear Shenmue PS4 Retail Fans - can you jump?"

:rolleyes:

2. WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    The Portuguese subs should have always been there as they're important as Spanish but I'd agree that it's a rather poor stretch of them to have another batch of subs rather than an HD remaster of S1 and S2.

Shenmue 1 and 2 in HD with Shenmue 3 would be an awesome HD trilogy, even if the third game won't be that great.

3. tbb043

tbb043 Member

Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    If it's so record breaking, they can get along fine without my help.

4. indask8

indask8 New Member Forever

Apr 19, 2007
    France
    Look at the Flag...
    The best part about this kickstarter is that it can potentially bring back Yu Suzuki to the videogame scene, this dude is basically the Shigeru Miyamoto of Sega, having him retired from the videogame scene was literally a crime.

This is why I'm glad I'm backing this, we've waited 14 years for a follow up of this game, it was never going to happen without the fans (and all the people who pledged without having played the first two games).

Now whether Shenmue 3 will be good or not... that's the whole point of kickstarter projects... risks and CHALLENGES. :)

5. Dr.Hacknik

Dr.Hacknik Advanced Maniac | Dev | Trans

GBAtemp Patron
    Dr.Hacknik is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 26, 2014
    United States
    inside your fridge
    Wow, that's alot of money! I've never played Shenmue II or I; But i remember it was on Dreamcast. Aww, the good old Dreamcast!

6. Bimmel

Jan 28, 2014
    Gambia, The
    No - Shenmue needs you. There are still 6 hours left, don't let that chance slip by.

WE are Shenmue. You still not understand?

7. KingVamp

KingVamp Haaah-hahahaha!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Netherworld

True. While it seems to be doing alright, it could have been better. It is pass 6M right now. They are streaming at 7:00.

8. chavosaur

chavosaur Austin Trujillo

Mar 11, 2012
    United States
    Huntersville, NC
    I dont want either of them, so I honestly couldn't care less.

Shenmue was such a weird, niche title that I really dont get all the hype. Guess people who love it want to see it finally get an ending, and thats fine, but the whole business and methodology of this kickstarter was very strange and intriguing to say the least.

And try not to lump me in with other people. I like Kickstarter as a platform, I backed YookaLaylee and I backed Bloodstained. Don't plan on backing this though, its already fine, and im sure when he has to have his other project backed in a few years, and maybe another one after that, everyone can fork over the cash for it as well :P

9. Bimmel

Jan 28, 2014
    Gambia, The
    I backed it a few seconds ago.

One possibility is, the game will suck. Another possibility is that a man can make his dream come true and many fans will be happy.
    And when I played the first two titles for myself, I'm sure I will be too. Just saw this through some Let's Plays - but I like it.

(May my money be spent in a beauty trip for Ryos face)

shaunj66 likes this.
  10. KingVamp

KingVamp Haaah-hahahaha!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Netherworld
    Well, that's over at 6.33M. I wish him good luck.

shaunj66 likes this.
  11. Bimmel

Jan 28, 2014
    Gambia, The
    It looks like people will be able to spend more money via Paypal later.

Lets break some more records!

12. codezer0

codezer0 Gaming keeps me sane

Jul 14, 2009
    United States
    The Magic School Bus
    Too much shady stuff going on around this kickstarter. even if I was a big fan of the series, the kind of stuff they were pulling with this announcement and kickstarter is enough to give me pause and force me to wait till I can examine the final release.

13. bagobeano

bagobeano Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 21, 2015
    I see someone with their priorities all messed up. How did you miss the nip-slip at 1:34?