'Shenmue III' gets delayed again

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Prans, Jun 3, 2019.

1. geodeath

geodeath GBAtemp Regular

Oct 26, 2006
    London
    Red Dead Redemption 2 comes in 2 discs, one is the 'install' disc and the other one is the 'game' disc. Discs cost nothing to produce, so adding 2 or 3 even is not really a problem.

Subtle Demise likes this.
  2. retrofan_k

retrofan_k GBAtemp Addict

May 31, 2013
    Belarus
    Caves
    Probably be a cluster fuck of bugs too on release like everything is now with no proper QA. Still should have been an original DC release like the 1st two were.

3. EmulateLife

EmulateLife GBAtemp Psycho!

May 30, 2016
    United States
    By the time Shenmue 2 came out on Dreamcast it was already a dead console there's no way they would then make 3. Also 1 and 2 bombed cost Sega a ton of money so it's not shocking they never bothered to make 3. I love the series but sales always dictate sequels we're lucky to get this even if it's buggy. Without kickstarter this game never would have existed even if it will be flawed.

Last edited by EmulateLife, Jun 3, 2019
  4. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    I'm not saying that it is a problem, I just wouldn't want to install so much data on the system. Because that's a lot of time I have to wait between buying a game and actually starting it, or just hoarding that much on a HDD to begin with. Unlike like nintendo switch games that don't do mandatory installs if all the data of the game is on the cartridge, it's a simple plug and play with no wait time and no data stored on the system. (With exception of updates) If the games on playstation 4 didn't have mandatory install to play games, it would be a choice of the player just like the Xbox 360,
    • Install large amounts of data to reduce load times
    • Keep data free with long load times

5. EmulateLife

May 30, 2016
    United States
    I think with Playstation/Xbox mandatory installs are here to stay. There will probably be some 150-200 GB games on next gen.

6. BORTZ

BORTZ The Amazing

Supervisor
    GBAtemp Patron
    BORTZ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    While I tend to agree with that statement as a whole... There seems to bea growing numbers off discrepancies concerning particularly kick-starter funded games. At the same time there are more and more games that come out half baked or worse (cough early access cough)... So I guess make of it what you will. But I don't really think that statement holds much water anymore. In the land of infinite updates, terrible games can eventually be updated to good games. Take Destiny 1, or even worse, No Man's Sky NEXT.

Subtle Demise and Darksabre72 like this.
  7. Super.Nova

Super.Nova GBAtemp Fan

Dec 20, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    Under Government Suppression
    I still think it's better than nothing.
    We didn't have a game to wait for and I don't mind waiting for what I never even expected to be released.

8. Dodain47

Dodain47 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 1, 2017
    Austria
    What the hell!? Delayed again!?:angry:

9. teamlocust

teamlocust Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 28, 2017
    India
    finally a fix for those crappy graphics

10. EmulateLife

May 30, 2016
    United States
    Im sure you're joking right. They're not going to change the graphics in 3 months.

11. Robfozz

Robfozz GBAtemp Smartass

Apr 19, 2014
    United States
    Onett
    I'm not surprised. The game was just under 3 months away as of the old release date and they've avoided showing off pretty much anything about the game besides a 1 minute long trailer we got a couple months ago(that didn't actually feature any gameplay). That really didn't bode well for the quality of the game.

I mean think about it, they're refusing to show the game when that close to release, something must be really wrong with it. I suspect it's all the animations as thats something they've been grilled on for the 3 trailers we've gotten the past 3 years. The animations in the select cutscenes we've been shown has been jerky, choppy and incredibly awkward. And those are specific scenes they picked to show us, imagine other less important scenes or how the game looks in motion.

That's just my speculation, I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure thats what's keeping them.

DANTENDO likes this.
  12. DANTENDO

DANTENDO I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser

Mar 10, 2019
    United Kingdom
    yes they hav delayed it due to not enough qte's:lol:

13. SpiffyJUNIOR

SpiffyJUNIOR GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 13, 2016
    United States
    US
    Keep in mind they also probably did this to get more sales during the Christmas season.

14. Robfozz

Robfozz GBAtemp Smartass

Apr 19, 2014
    United States
    Onett
    They probably just killed themselves releasing so close to Death Stranding. This game wasn't going to sell much anyway, I think its safe to say most people who are going to buy it already did through the fundraising campaigns.

Look, I'm Shenmue's biggest fan, but a low budget, basically indie game, with poor visuals and unpopular slow paced gameplay thats in the middle of a decade old story isn't going to sell no matter what. This move will only hurt them.

15. DANTENDO

DANTENDO I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser

Mar 10, 2019
    United Kingdom
    If the game gets less than an 8 then by Christmas it will be forgotten :lol:

16. Bimmel

Bimmel ~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~

Jan 28, 2014
    Gambia, The
    But a forever delayed game can never be good either.

Subtle Demise and Darksabre72 like this.
  17. Justinde75

Justinde75 Capsule Co's VGM Addict

GBAtemp Patron
    Justinde75 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Feb 14, 2016
    Germany
    West City
    oh so like every ps4 game?

EmulateLife likes this.
  18. WhiteMaze

WhiteMaze GBAtemp Maniac

GBAtemp Patron
    WhiteMaze is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 16, 2013
    Portugal
    Lan Di-layed again.

Last edited by WhiteMaze, Jun 5, 2019
    Bowl0l, r5xscn and Robfozz like this.
  19. RedoLane

RedoLane GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 16, 2016
    Israel
    It was delayed because the developers are looking for sailors.

20. Jokey_Carrot

Jokey_Carrot ̶g̶b̶a̶t̶e̶m̶p̶ Heroin Addict

Oct 23, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Britian
    Shenmue 3 more like evangelion 4.44