You ever feel like your phone is listening to you?

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Here is another sat in a conference moment from myself again.. ;)

Once set in a conference with Ray Kurzweil, where he championed the concept of singularity to a bunch of clappy folks. I will remember it always as the most stupid presentation I've ever seen.

He had a chartdeck of different developmental trajectories, all mapped in exponential graphs, and then went on from transitioning one exponential technology development in the past to the present to the future.

And I sat there and thought to myself. What about plateaus. What about loose ends. What about mishaps. What about no one being there being able to take a certain technological trajectory and moving it forward in the vision you imagine for yourself.

To me it was so stupid, it made me angry. Then he got hired by google. Probably to help them with one of their side projects that never go anywhere.. ;)

The antidote towards the singularity myth - at least now, is reading something like this:
https://apenwarr.ca/log/20190201
-

Also here is the thing about "AI" filtering through all of your butdials at once: If it does it for a certain phrase or maybe 10, it coudl work. Today. If it needs to take context into account, or the entire vocabulary you could use daily - it still fails horribly. Which brings us back to the point - of why should someone create a none profitable business modell, to listen to everyones butdials, to filter out all "countrynames" - to sell that data, so someone else could give you targeted ads? And which moron would buy that?

Why not got to gmail, or outlook, and ask them about email hotwords nicely. Much better indicator of intent. Much less false positives. Much more comercialyl viable. Much easier.

Hey everyone - I think I Might have found a better way (apart from that we see that no one is recording you 24/7 these days - I dont care if you believe it or not, we see it in the amount of data submitted).

Last edited by notimp,

fiis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1 billion percent yes. It's mostly instagram though, I either google something, or talk to my friends about something, next thing you know, its an ad on insta. fucking hate it

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Some times.
Specially when a pop up turns up saying something like "Samsung has detected that Whatsapp has activated the microphone while running in background"... What are you doing lizard man?

Haloman800

a real gril
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep it totally is, the same as "smart home" devices such as Amazon Alexa or "google home". I know a guy who went so far as to have all 4 microphones removed from his iPhone; he connects a headphone/mic when he makes calls.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yep it totally is, the same as "smart home" devices such as Amazon Alexa or "google home". I know a guy who went so far as to have all 4 microphones removed from his iPhone; he connects a headphone/mic when he makes calls.
But the four microphones were just a decoy, it can still use the accelerometers to register the vibrations made from sound and send it back to Apple's Intelligence Conglomerate!

Reactions: Deleted-379826

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @E1ite007, I just found this randomly.