3d printing in 2023. Is it something you are doing?

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Decides to practice some stoner engineering today by making a Smok vape TPV9 to water bong adapter

Attachments

• 8A02B4F4-4E42-4F68-8A39-E09655960B87.jpeg
    8A02B4F4-4E42-4F68-8A39-E09655960B87.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 34
Last edited by TheStonedModder,

lonelyvovk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I agree that 3D printing has come a long way since it was first introduced to the mainstream. The advancements in software and hardware have made it easier for people to use, and the costs have come down, making it more accessible to hobbyists and professionals alike.

It's interesting to see how 3D printing is being used in unexpected places, such as schools and libraries. It's a great tool for education, and it allows people to create things they might not have been able to before.

In terms of software, there are plenty of options available for both beginners and professionals. Sketchup and OpenSCAD are both great options, and Thingiverse is an excellent resource for finding 3D models to print.

Personally, I don't own a 3D printer, but I've used one in the past and found it to be a valuable tool for prototyping and creating small objects. I can see how it would come in handy for a variety of applications, from home repairs to artistic endeavors.

Overall, I think 3D printing has a lot of potential, and I'm excited to see where it goes in the future.

Mayo1990

I just play vidya
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I bought an Ender 3 in December. Sometimes it felt like a stupid purchase but at the same time It's gimmick and the fact that I can print whatever I need without having to pay scalp prices made it worth the price.
The main thing I printed with it are console and controller stands. Sometimes parents would ask me something small and specific to print so I made it for them.

Tomato123

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Got an Ender 5 pro a few weeks ago. Took a while to finally get it tuned in right since the bed it came with was slightly warped and I had to get a glass bed. Other than that been working great. Mostly use it to help out my dad with his 00 scale model trains as it's perfect for making things like couplings or simple buildings.

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Truly an intriguing item. For one to be able to make items of practical use.

Alas, I would end up wasting the materials into just making say, a phone holder, and it would end up being totally wrong for me not being ANY good at math, geometry All that rot.

Still, I'll say its a good thing to have. :)

Reactions: BigOnYa

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
3d guns were mentioned earlier so in totally not a bump things have moved on considerably from the liberator that most think of if they think 3d printed guns

Once more I would probably still go the other way and bust out a CNC mill and look into 80% stuff but I can also respect an engineering challenge.

Reactions: AncientBoi

jakl_53

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought an ender 3something about a year ago. Printed lots of little nick nacks and things getting the printer dialed in. Moved since then and put the printer in storage. I've been putting off setting it back up until I get a filament dryer to take my filament. But I originally got it to start printing gun stuff. Lots of stuff is pretty easy to print with the proper material. I also really need to get my printer setup for nylon. But it's trivial to print stuff like receivers, stocks, grips, and magazines. And that's where I see the most value of it for creating those types of items. But the whole 3D2A community is ever advancing and I love keeping up with it. Everyone is constantly trying to improve and create better and new stuff. Some people are even trying to print some of the more sketchy load bearing type parts. I'm not brave enough to trust something like that just yet though.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, most of my Etsy store is 3D printed inserts for the Gameboy family of handhelds, the DS Lite, and the Analogue Pocket. Currently working on designs for the PSP-x000 and PSP Go family of systems. I also offer protected storage for GBA carts, GBC carts, and Nintendo Switch carts.
Here's one example of one for the GBA. It holds 3 GBA carts under the console:
20231215_024104.jpg

My newest insert protects the 4 cartridge adapters for the Analogue Pocket:
20240308_160117.jpg
(I only own the Game Gear adapter, sorry.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte