You can now create your user ID for the Nintendo Switch

BHyZp4YhjXuhFk4vA6tjRe-480-80.jpg

Nintendo is now allowing users to create a new user ID for the Switch. Now, you might think you already have an account set up, in the form of a NNID, but a Nintendo Network ID is different from what the Switch will be using. You can sign into your Nintendo Account here, where you can create a username that you want to use for when the Switch launches. Scroll down to "user ID", and click edit. You'll get a verification code to your email, and once entered, you can create a 6+ character username. The time is now to register to get your favorite username!

S6q6WK0.png

:arrow: Source

Direkt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the info! now i can take my username in peace of mind and not have people take it first, or have it in the first place for some reason

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I'm trying to create one right now, but when i try to hit "create account" the button is grey and doesn't seem to do anything when i click it.

If the username was already taken, or my email was being used it should pop up an error message...

wii_go

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
cool get my nickname to switch, but why there's fonctions to add FB, twitter and gogol to this ID when there's no social hability yet for the switch...!!! ????

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First I chose ducktales which I believe is still availible. Then I checked a bunch and neither gbatemp or wololo was taken but I changed to supermarioworld. Then I found out supermariomaker was availible and took that and I'm sticking with it. My brother got castlevania. Nobody's taken shopkeeper yet...

Reactions: Megaben99

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok I think I did it right :S

So a User ID is just the part of the Nintendo Account (I already had it)

User ID: megabug7 (just set that now)
NNiD: megabug7 (already had this)

Why not just use the NNiD for Switch? (I don't intend to get one for a long time)

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Isn't this just the username you use to log in, not your display name? There's no use to taking "prestige" names. (also, it requires a minimum of 6 symbols :()

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's taking me to the 'Password Reset Page' instead. Why is that?
theyve got new password security guidelines - your old pw probably doesn't fulfill them. do it and enter your old password, you will get an error saying what's wrong. just give a new pass and then you'll be able to create ID

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I registered the account name EVERYONE wanted! osaka35!

oh, no one wanted that but me? okay i guess whatever it's still a cool name *kicks rock*

Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
I've been locked outta my Nintendo account for a long time. When I ask to reset password, I never end up getting an email, and I've checked junk folder and everything. I should call them up but I've been too lazy. Maybe when I get my Switch... No one takes my username, anyways.

Ashtonx

n0l1f3
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I've been locked outta my Nintendo account for a long time. When I ask to reset password, I never end up getting an email, and I've checked junk folder and everything. I should call them up but I've been too lazy. Maybe when I get my Switch... No one takes my username, anyways.
Define long time, nintendo makes a new account system once a year and people have to register new accounts. For all you know you might be trying to recover account that doesn't exist.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok thanks, I love my X but have not messed with a S yet.