Initial Mig Switch flashcart units now available and being tested by reviewers

aaaa.png

The first batch of the Mig Switch flashcarts have made their way into the hands of reviewers. Plenty of initial impressions have gone live, with users showing off how the device works. Just as promised, you can in fact play your "legally owned Nintendo Switch games", across any model of Nintendo Switch. However, there are more questions raised than answered.

For one, it's still uncertain if and when you'll get banned after playing online using the Mig Switch--the team claims so long as you have a valid certificate, card ID set, and card UID, and a fully complete game dump, you'll be able to play online just fine. Whether or not Nintendo can notice and take action is something that will take time to see. In order to obtain updates and DLCs for games, you'll need to be online to download them, as the Mig Switch can't load those files itself.

This leads into another quandary. The three aforementioned aspects--the certificates and IDs--come from a backed up copy of a Nintendo Switch game. If someone were to illicitly share their certificate online, there could be dozens or hundreds of users using the same cert for multiple games, across multiple systems, at the same time. Since you can obtain a certificate from a physical game, there's growing concern as to how it could affect pre-owned backed up copies of games that might have had their certificates used and banned. We know for a fact that Nintendo has banned gamecart certificates in the past, as found by scene memeber SciresM back in 2018.

If you're interested in seeing the Mig Switch in action, there are a handful of reviews from notable emulation-focused YouTubers.

So far, what are your thoughts on the Mig Switch? There's plenty of interesting quirks to the device, from its usage, to its mysterious development team. Have you ordered one, either to test out, or for use on trickier to softmod Switch revisions? Or are you staying away from anything to do with this flashcart?

White_Raven_X

Hack everything, hack the world!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wonder what happen to that post from gamemodder in Russia, claimed to have a pile of unassembled MIG's and claimed he was shipping out in a few days. That was two weeks ago. Does Russia celebrate Chinese new year also. B-) I tagged him in a thread days ago, but still no response.

Maybe Putin got to him (gamemodder), just like he did with that Russian helicopter pilot who defected to Ukraine. 🤦🏻

I prefer supporting a hacker who hacks hackers....so i'll wait for the Chinese version too 🤣🤣🤣

tomhanks69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Youve never actually purchased mods and hack tools for consoles in the past.. have you. This is all par for the course. Don't buy zero day stuff. The product has no proven fabrication record, no distribution network, and these guys often have to jump through several payment methods before getting one resistant to the big N.
Yea I’ve bought flash carts for dsi, 3ds, cool runner for rghing the Xbox 360, and a few other mod chips. But that was of course after I’d either seen them in action from a friend that owned one or following someone reputable.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chinese new year literally just ended. Everything and I mean everything shuts down for at least a week when that rolls around
Strange that they would make a claim of a release date that coincides with Chinese New Year. Thinking of just doing a cancellation request through Zip since my Switch is in the process of being chipped anyway. Thought it would be cool to have both options, but I don't like the idea of dropping $65 on something I'm likely not going to see for another 6 months if at all.

Morricorne

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I don't have a switch. Because I currently have an OLED Steam Deck. But even if I had an Switch OLED like before, I'd rather pay for HWFLY and not have to worry about when ban will happen with MIG Switch

Jmdaemon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have a switch. Because I currently have an OLED Steam Deck. But even if I had an Switch OLED like before, I'd rather pay for HWFLY and not have to worry about when ban will happen with MIG Switch
I don't think you grasp what the mod does and doesn't and what causes the ban.

Modded switches replicate what we do on the hackable switches, inject a bootloader that allows us to load atmosphere and a copy of the system OS off the memory card. We do this because the OS has a number of log mechanisms that get uploaded. The main log that gets our ass handed to us is when running software incorrectly signed. When in atmosphere we block nintendo and stay off line.

SOME people choose to run atmosphere online or even with the SYSNAND (internal touched OS) for the purpose of playing online games with cheats. They still run their own software, their own carts. Safe from a console ban (usualy) they just risk getting online bans.

In both cases, atmosphere allows us to change what can be installed into the system, and modify the system software itself.

MIG (and other flash carts) Do not change anything. It simply moved the files stored on the original cart into files on an SD card, and the MIG streams these back into original data the switch cannot tell apart. This is why it actually works. As long as all the original data is present and sent when requested for the switch runs it, Nintendo has no idea what the medium is.

Carts have serial numbers though, like the 3ds, and when online this serial number is like your online session key. If the system detects multiple users using a single key then it bans that key since that should never ever happen. On the 3ds, the key did not link to the game so the sky3ds could use a single key that you create using its adapter, and it will run all the games you put on the card with the one serial number. this even led to a black market where users could sell serials of extra games they had.

Not enough information is known about switch and its strictness in cart serial numbers. Realize however that these serial numbers cannot be created. It requires a key only known to the big N.

Morricorne

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I don't think you grasp what the mod does and doesn't and what causes the ban.

Modded switches replicate what we do on the hackable switches, inject a bootloader that allows us to load atmosphere and a copy of the system OS off the memory card. We do this because the OS has a number of log mechanisms that get uploaded. The main log that gets our ass handed to us is when running software incorrectly signed. When in atmosphere we block nintendo and stay off line.

SOME people choose to run atmosphere online or even with the SYSNAND (internal touched OS) for the purpose of playing online games with cheats. They still run their own software, their own carts. Safe from a console ban (usualy) they just risk getting online bans.

In both cases, atmosphere allows us to change what can be installed into the system, and modify the system software itself.

MIG (and other flash carts) Do not change anything. It simply moved the files stored on the original cart into files on an SD card, and the MIG streams these back into original data the switch cannot tell apart. This is why it actually works. As long as all the original data is present and sent when requested for the switch runs it, Nintendo has no idea what the medium is.

Carts have serial numbers though, like the 3ds, and when online this serial number is like your online session key. If the system detects multiple users using a single key then it bans that key since that should never ever happen. On the 3ds, the key did not link to the game so the sky3ds could use a single key that you create using its adapter, and it will run all the games you put on the card with the one serial number. this even led to a black market where users could sell serials of extra games they had.

Not enough information is known about switch and its strictness in cart serial numbers. Realize however that these serial numbers cannot be created. It requires a key only known to the big N.
Do I forbid you to go and buy a migswitch? If you want, use it. I know what will happen, sooner or later there will be a wave of banned consoles. And nothing will change it

xtrem3x

Trophies
XP
Country
Do I forbid you to go and buy a migswitch? If you want, use it. I know what will happen, sooner or later there will be a wave of banned consoles. And nothing will change it

I'd bet that 90% of people using it wouldn't care too much if their console gets banned so it's a pointless argument

Jmdaemon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been using a MIGswitch for years.. its called a sky3ds.
Post automatically merged:

I'd bet that 90% of people using it wouldn't care too much if their console gets banned so it's a pointless argument
No.. we make a concerted effort on hacked switches to not get banned. Most of us do not want to brick our $300 machines.

xtrem3x

Trophies
XP
Country
I've been using a MIGswitch for years.. its called a sky3ds.
Post automatically merged:

No.. we make a concerted effort on hacked switches to not get banned. Most of us do not want to brick our $300 machines.

Getting banned from online services and getting a brick are remarkably different things

Jmdaemon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Getting banned from online services and getting a brick are remarkably different things
Cheating online with atmosphere running without blocks but not using pirated games gets you an online ban.

Running pirated software without blocks gets you a Nintendo ban. Getting a Nintendo ban is nearly synonymous with bricking your switch. First you lose your Nintendo account, so you could incur even more financial loss. Second, we still rely on Nintendo to update the switch. I have no doubt some corner of the internet has some files you can use to do your updates but you won't find them in regular channels and if you mess it up, you could very much brick your switch. Have you ever had your hacked setup break because of an update? new atmosphere issues and no one can figure out how to help you so your only choice is a tactical nuke on the sd card and start from scratch? Not having a virgin side to retreat too complicates things a lot. So much so that such a situation could very much leave you without a usable switch.

There is no such thing as a vanilla ISO you can just copy on to your switch to get it all working again magickly. A Nintendo ban means the capabilities of your switch just gets a lot more limited. You will find little support for this situation and is why we stress protecting yourself on the discord and in the guides.

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Getting a Nintendo ban is nearly synonymous with bricking your switch. First you lose your Nintendo account
You really have no clue. I have a banned Switch, and I have not lost my Nintendo account, if fact I have 1 other Non-banned Switch linked to it also. Finding updates are easy and installing updates will not brick your Switch. The ONLY thing a ban will do is stop your console from playing games online, and using eshop, that's it basically. "Tactical nuke" your sd card, that's pretty funny. Here, would not hurt you to read a little: https://switch.homebrew.guide/index.html

Last edited by BigOnYa,

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
Cheating online with atmosphere running without blocks but not using pirated games gets you an online ban.

Running pirated software without blocks gets you a Nintendo ban. Getting a Nintendo ban is nearly synonymous with bricking your switch. First you lose your Nintendo account, so you could incur even more financial loss. Second, we still rely on Nintendo to update the switch. I have no doubt some corner of the internet has some files you can use to do your updates but you won't find them in regular channels and if you mess it up, you could very much brick your switch. Have you ever had your hacked setup break because of an update? new atmosphere issues and no one can figure out how to help you so your only choice is a tactical nuke on the sd card and start from scratch? Not having a virgin side to retreat too complicates things a lot. So much so that such a situation could very much leave you without a usable switch.

There is no such thing as a vanilla ISO you can just copy on to your switch to get it all working again magickly. A Nintendo ban means the capabilities of your switch just gets a lot more limited. You will find little support for this situation and is why we stress protecting yourself on the discord and in the guides.
I've been banned since 2019 and apart from no online play (which I have no interest in) my switch is normal. The fact that you think that switch updates are "in some dark corner of the internet" shows you don't know about this subject, they're literally on a well known site that everyone uses to get them.

Reactions: BigOnYa

Jmdaemon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They are not allowed nore can you discus them on the largest switch hacking discords. But do go on. We can only warn you.. and then when you come waltzing in asking for help why atmospher
You really have no clue. I have a banned Switch, and I have not lost my Nintendo account, if fact I have 1 other Non-banned Switch linked to it also. Finding updates are easy and installing updates will not brick your Switch. The ONLY thing a ban will do is stop your console from playing games online, and using eshop, that's it basically. "Tactical nuke" your sd card, that's pretty funny. Here, would not hurt you to read a little: https://switch.homebrew.guide/index.html
https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/
should tell you where I'm coming from. but that's ok. I'm not here to fight about it.. just avoiding the hassle of people coming into the channel because they followed bad and outdated guides.

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
They are not allowed nore can you discus them on the largest switch hacking discords. But do go on. We can only warn you.. and then when you come waltzing in asking for help why atmospher
What are you talking about? Firmware updates are so easy to get that the website isn't even censored on here.

Jmdaemon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are you talking about? Firmware updates are so easy to get that the website isn't even censored on here.
It is on the discords.. unless its banned or you are upgrading the nand because you like playing with fire, you should update your nand normally. and it is copyrighted software too so big reason right there. :)

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
It is on the discords.. unless its banned or you are upgrading the nand because you like playing with fire, you should update your nand normally. and it is copyrighted software too so big reason right there. :)
How is it playing with fire? As previously mentioned I've been doing it since 2019 and have no issues, and with a NAND backup there's zero risk anyway. Do you know or are you just going off what the discord tells you

Jmdaemon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How is it playing with fire? As previously mentioned I've been doing it since 2019 and have no issues, and with a NAND backup there's zero risk anyway. Do you know or are you just going off what the discord tells you
Your going to have a helluva time using those backups with those efuses blown? The backups are good for when you break something that isn't updating the OS. Although because you are altering log files (replacing new with old) they could also lead to banning a good switch its not something you want to have to do, ever.

Should I ask how you got your switch banned?

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
Your going to have a helluva time using those backups with those efuses blown? The backups are good for when you break something that isn't updating the OS. Although because you are altering log files (replacing new with old) they could also lead to banning a good switch its not something you want to have to do, ever.

Should I ask how you got your switch banned?
I'm still on 1.0.0 fuses, so no problems with that. I was banned for restoring an older NAND and going back online, causing a mismatch

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New update posted on the offical website today. Its very interesting to see that both the cart and dumper use the same exacct firmware file.

26/02/2024: New firmware 1.1.0 update and production news.​

First, today we release a new update you can find in a the 'DOWNLOAD' section.​

Key improvements are:​

• Improve boot up time for exfat fragmented XCI files
  • Improves ROM launch detection.

Also, we want to confirm that the Mig Dumper design is final and we are slowly started production while trying to keep a strong pace with the Mig Card for which we are still behind. But trust us, our little team is working full-time on this to get your gateway card in your hands swiftly.​

Thanks for your support and patience!​

Click here to download the latest firmware.

gbadl

Trophies
XP
Country
New update posted on the offical website today. Its very interesting to see that both the cart and dumper use the same exacct firmware file.
"But trust us, our little team is working full-time on this to get your gateway card in your hands swiftly."

WOW they aren't even hiding their past anymore.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto