You can now create your user ID for the Nintendo Switch

BHyZp4YhjXuhFk4vA6tjRe-480-80.jpg

Nintendo is now allowing users to create a new user ID for the Switch. Now, you might think you already have an account set up, in the form of a NNID, but a Nintendo Network ID is different from what the Switch will be using. You can sign into your Nintendo Account here, where you can create a username that you want to use for when the Switch launches. Scroll down to "user ID", and click edit. You'll get a verification code to your email, and once entered, you can create a 6+ character username. The time is now to register to get your favorite username!

S6q6WK0.png

:arrow: Source

BLsquared

Game Programmer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yay! I got my trusty BLsquared!
Still wish I could have caps...
I mean, blsquared just doesn't have the same effect...
Ah well. Not as I'm getting a switch less than 4 years from now xD
Just glad I didn't have to pull the blsquared10 or blsquaredx ;)

Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
Define long time, nintendo makes a new account system once a year and people have to register new accounts. For all you know you might be trying to recover account that doesn't exist.
Finally figured it out. I had to fiddle w/ my Nintendo Network ID, not Nintendo Acc., which is only possible thru a Wii U or 3DS. So I clicked reset password, and the same temp pass is used everywhere. Didn't know that. Finally got things changed. So apparently your Nintendo Network ID is not connected to your Nintendo Account. Ugh.

Ashtonx

n0l1f3
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Finally figured it out. I had to fiddle w/ my Nintendo Network ID, not Nintendo Acc., which is only possible thru a Wii U or 3DS. So I clicked reset password, and the same temp pass is used everywhere. Didn't know that. Finally got things changed. So apparently your Nintendo Network ID is not connected to your Nintendo Account. Ugh.
Yep... i don't even bother unless i need it, there's too much mess with their accounts that it'd need an infografic to explain which one is which and what it's used for.

Reactions: HaloEliteLegend
Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
Yep... i don't even bother unless i need it, there's too much mess with their accounts that it'd need an infografic to explain which one is which and what it's used for.
From the looks of it (Username registration), it seems that our Nintendo Accounts will be what's used for the Switch, which would be GREAT. It didn't help that I signed into my Nintendo Acc. w/ a Nintendo Network ID but when I reset password on NNID, I have no way of changing that once I've logged into my Nintendo Account, and it's a useless cycle.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol