The Pleaser Of Crowds
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
So with Yooka-Laylee being released on multiple platforms on April 11th, I really am starting to feel the hype as the date gets closer. For those of you who don't know the people who made Yooka-Laylee are also the same individuals from RARE who made Donkey Kong Country and Banjo Kazooie. They are now known as Playtonic Games.

So what do you all think of this game? Are you excited about it like I am?

Another question I'm highly curious about is if anyone reading this is a backer to this game's kickstarter. How much were you willing to contribute to the kickstarter and if your name is in the credits what did you choose as your credits name?

Though I had more to contribute I contributed roughly $47 dollars to this project and got
1 Digital Manual + Digital Artbook + Digital Soundtrack
1 Digital Version Playstation 4 America (SCEA)
1 PC Toybox experience
1 Special Thanks

My credits name will be "Master Dimentio K.o.D". K.o.D is a nickname I'm know to by many outside of this forum so it was fitting that I use it.

So what do you think about this game guys?

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I can't wait, but with BOTW taking up all my spare time I just don't know when I will get to play it!

I grew up on DKC, DKCR, KI, GE, DKR, DK64, CBFD, PD, JFG, KIG etc so I truly can't wait to get into this.

Lol at the acronyms...

Edit: I also played the toybox on PC and loved every second!

Last edited by KiiWii,

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
So what do you all think of this game?
Erm...I take it you mean "what do you all think of the pre-release hype?" ? :unsure:

My opinion? Phew...

While I personally adored the early RARE games and will take colorful platforming (even in 3D) games over grey-ish realism shooters any day, it's 'just another game being released' to me at this point. Could be nice, could be great, could be a "just for nostalgics" game and could as well be an example of it being a rip-off. The game isn't released, so there's no way to tell how this'll turn out, right?

*carefully optimistic*

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-