Hacking yet another "what flashcard to buy" question

daishadar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, I'm new here and I'm looking into what flashcard to get for my DS Lite. Here are my requirements:

1. I'm only really going to use it to play games. Therefore, I need NDS, GBA, and homebrew emulator capability. GBA is a must.
2. Extremely high game compatibility.
3. Easiest and most reliable possible software interface (to make it easy to get games on the card, manage them, manage saves, etc.).
4. Enough speed to run all NDS/GBA games at 100% speed with whatever particular SD/SDHC that the cart prefers (if it's picky I don't mind so long as I know what it wants).
5. SDHC support.
6. I would prefer to keep the number of expansion slots to 1 (i.e. an expansion with RAM, GBA support, and rumble all in one would be nice).
7. Must fit perfectly in a DS Lite (flush with the sides)
8. I don't care about cost.

What would you all recommend? I was looking at the M3 DS Real and it looked like a good candidate. The only problem with it was that you need to swap out expansion cards for either rumble or GBA support.

Thanks for your help!

Extreme Coder

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
Hi guys, I'm new here and I'm looking into what flashcard to get for my DS Lite. Here are my requirements:

1. I'm only really going to use it to play games. Therefore, I need NDS, GBA, and homebrew emulator capability. GBA is a must.
2. Extremely high game compatibility.
3. Easiest and most reliable possible software interface (to make it easy to get games on the card, manage them, manage saves, etc.).
4. Enough speed to run all NDS/GBA games at 100% speed with whatever particular SD/SDHC that the cart prefers (if it's picky I don't mind so long as I know what it wants).
5. SDHC support.
6. I would prefer to keep the number of expansion slots to 1 (i.e. an expansion with RAM, GBA support, and rumble all in one would be nice).
7. Must fit perfectly in a DS Lite (flush with the sides)
8. I don't care about cost.

What would you all recommend? I was looking at the M3 DS Real and it looked like a good candidate. The only problem with it was that you need to swap out expansion cards for either rumble or GBA support.

Thanks for your help!
Since you need GBA, CycloDS would be ruled out.
I'd suggest the AceKard R.P.G. + EZFlash 3-in-1.
It's a great card, has 1 GB of internal storage, and a MicroSD(SDHC support) slot for expansion.
It's firmware integrates perfectly with the EZFlash.
If cost is not a problem, get the combo I mentioned earlier with a memory card made in Japan. That most definitely will have no lag(not sure though)
The AceKard is a tad pricey though, so if you want, you could replace it with the EZFlash V, and I've heard it's a pretty good card. And cheaper too
wink.gif

Hope this helped.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's a great card, has 1 GB of internal storage, and a MicroSD(SDHC support) slot for expansion.
If cost is not a problem, get the combo I mentioned earlier with a memory card made in Japan. That most definitely will have no lag(not sure though)
The AceKard is a tad pricey though, so if you want, you could replace it with the EZFlash V, and I've heard it's a pretty good card. And cheaper too
wink.gif

Hope this helped.
Remember, the EZ V has no SDHC support. And I can confirm that a Micro SD made in Japan has no lag as I have tested this.

daishadar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm reading up on the AceKard- never heard of it, but it looks pretty nice. Simple interface and has the features I want. Can anyone comment on how fast the interface is? Some reviewers seem to say that it takes a long time to load the list of games on the SD card. Is that common for flashcards? Should it usually take a long time from power on to playing a game?

Extreme Coder

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
I'm reading up on the AceKard- never heard of it, but it looks pretty nice. Simple interface and has the features I want. Can anyone comment on how fast the interface is? Some reviewers seem to say that it takes a long time to load the list of games on the SD card. Is that common for flashcards? Should it usually take a long time from power on to playing a game?
Well, I have one, and I can't say it takes me a long time to play a game from power on.
It may be a tad slower than other flashcards, but its not something groundbreaking.

crazyshiza

Trophies
XP
Country
wink.gif

Hope this helped.

EZ 3in1 works very well with CycloDS Evo using Rudolph's tools.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night