Hacking Yet another graphic WBFS manager for Linux.

pantufas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Levente said:
Could someone upload a complied version or explain how can I compile this?

I have devkitpro 1.5.0 installed.
devkitPro is not necessary, just the usual GCC from your Linux distribution.

You will also the development packages of GTK+ and libglade2 (also provided by your distro):
  • If you're using Ubuntu, I think it's sufficient to install libglade2-dev ("sudo apt-get install libglade2-dev"); installing it will install all the rest.
  • If you're on CentOS (Fedora should be similar), you'll need the development packages of GTK+2 and libglade2, I don't know the exact package names.
  • For other distributions, you'll have to search what these packages are called.
With these things installed, just uncompress the tar, cd to the directory it creates and run "make". If you receive any error messages, post them here and I'll try to help.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OK, tested this newest version on my 64 bit.

This program runs weird or I just don't understand the installation. It has to be run from within the directory it was made in. So apparently there is more than the binary needed to run the program. This was not the case with Cojiro's wrapper, so maybe that is why I had issues before. I couldn't even run it like this:
user@user:~$sudo /home/user/.wbfsman/wbfs_gtk
it would give me a bunch of GTK errors then segfault. Like this:
user@user:~/.wbfsman$ sudo ./wbfs_gtk
it would work... No idea exactly what's up with that.

I don't like cluttering my visible home directory, so I was trying to move the executable to /usr/bin/ to just run it from there, but that wouldn't work. I put the whole directory after a . in /home/user/ so as to hide it. So it looks like:
/home/user/.wbfsman/

I got around the need to be currently in the directory to run the executable by creating a menu shortcut that points to:
Code:
gksudo "xterm -e 'cd /home/user/.wbfsman && ./wbfs_gtk'"
That opens a terminal output for the program as well, which is handy for seeing things in the background as well.

So anyway, long story short, it works now that I got all that sorted out it's working, sees the WBFS partition great and loads the game list (over 100 games) instantly. Transfered a new iso over with no issues and renamed some things with no problem.

So aside from the hassle of setting up a shortcut to the program I think this is currently the most straight forward WBFS manager on Linux (sorry Cojiro, this interface is much more easy to navigate)

pantufas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hooya said:
OK, tested this newest version on my 64 bit.
Great, thanks for testing again!

QUOTEThis program runs weird or I just don't understand the installation. It has to be run from within the directory it was made in.
Yes, I completely forgot about that -- the program reads the file "wbfs_gui.glade" from the current directory.

This is fixed in the current version (0.1.6): you can now copy the executable anywhere and it will run standalone. The other change in this version is that it shows the size a game will take in the WBFS partition before adding it.

http://linux-wbfs-manager.googlecode.com/f...er-0.1.6.tar.gz

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Awesome.

By the way, as it stands right now, your program cannot go directly from a disk to the wbfs drive because of a limitation in the lower level program you're using?

edit: Spoke too soon. This won't compile. Or you changed the compiling instructions.

Code:
gcc -s -o file2h file2h.o
/usr/bin/ld: i386 architecture of input file `file2h.o' is incompatible with i386:x86-64 output
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [file2h] Error 1

Same error when "make" is run as root. More issues with 64-bit.
smile.gif

pantufas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hooya said:
Awesome.

By the way, as it stands right now, your program cannot go directly from a disk to the wbfs drive because of a limitation in the lower level program you're using?

edit: Spoke too soon. This won't compile. Or you changed the compiling instructions.

Code:
gcc -s -o file2h file2h.o
/usr/bin/ld: i386 architecture of input file `file2h.o' is incompatible with i386:x86-64 output
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [file2h] Error 1

Same error when "make" is run as root. More issues with 64-bit.
smile.gif
Crap. I inadvertedly included "file2h.o" with the sources. Simply remove it and compile it again, it should work.

I'll have to make a new version anyway, I just realized I haven't changed the version number in the about dialog since 0.1.4
frown.gif

edit: New version without the offending file and updated version number in about dialog:

http://linux-wbfs-manager.googlecode.com/f...er-0.1.7.tar.gz

pantufas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hooya said:
Anyway, 1.7 works now. Runs fine out of /usr/bin with the source+make folder deleted, so that makes me very happy.
Great, good to know!

QUOTE(Hooya @ Jun 14 2009, 07:33 PM) By the way, as it stands right now, your program cannot go directly from a disk to the wbfs drive because of a limitation in the lower level program you're using?
Well, it's not a limitation per se, it's just that it doesn't implement it.

The way libwbfs works (the lower level library my program uses to access the WBFS partition) is by requiring its user (my program) to provide a method for reading from the Wii disc. The thing is, reading from an Wii disc ISO file is very easy (that's what my program does), but I don't know enough about reading raw Wii DVDs to implement reading directly from them.

So, if someone else with more knowledge does it and releases the source under GPL, I could add it...

lostreverie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huge thanks for this. wbfuse refused to mount anything after working maybe once, and I could never get it to work again. Then I found this, and the program is very easy to use, has a nice uncluttered UI and works great. Props.

wccnyc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry huge noob here
how do i run it after i "make" it?

edit: o god that was bad of me
it's been too long since i have looked at any c code
been working with java too long/not enough sleep/etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo