YAWMM crashes when i select my wad folder.

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by strikerdark, Jan 30, 2015.

1. strikerdark
    OP

strikerdark GBAtemp Regular

Oct 30, 2014
    United States
    Hi this is a mild annoyance that i've been having for over a year now, everytime i try to use YAWMM to install wad files it crashes on my wii u (exception dsi occurred), instead i have to use an old wad manager by waninkoko made years ago, the problem with using it is that it does not work with the new wiimote+ that came out a couple years ago so i have to use a very old wii mote i still have from like 2007.

JoostinOnline any ideas? I read a post in another forum of someone who was having the same issue and you tried to help him but he never responded.

2. absoluteajk

absoluteajk Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 15, 2015
    United States
    Same thing happened to me! I just downloaded WiiMOD Lite http://wiiuhax.com/wii-mod-lite-v1-2/, it has support for all wiimotes, including the new ones. It works fine for wad installing from what I've seen so far.

strikerdark likes this.
  3. strikerdark
    OP

Oct 30, 2014
    United States
    this worked!!! thank you so much

4. yahoo

yahoo G͝B͢A͜t͞em҉p̡ R̨e͢g̷ul̨aŗ

Aug 4, 2014
    United States
    I encountered this when I added a couple dozen VC wads to the folder. Removing them prevented the crash. Not sure if it is a specific wad, the number of wads or what.

5. strikerdark
    OP

Oct 30, 2014
    United States
    i believe its specific wads, 'cause i only had 4 wads in my folder and it was happening

6. Bug_Checker_

Bug_Checker_ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 10, 2006
    United States
    absoluteajk likes this.
  7. strikerdark
    OP

Oct 30, 2014
    United States
  8. Oak

Oak GBAtemp Regular

Apr 19, 2014
    United States
    Use this YAWMM. Specifically designed for Wii U.

9. yahoo

Aug 4, 2014
    United States
    this is what is crashing when opening the wad folder.

10. andy1602

andy1602 Member

Newcomer
    May 29, 2014
    Brazil
    use a 2gb card formatted as fat (fat16)

11. strikerdark
    OP

Oct 30, 2014
    United States
    thank you guys for all the help. Using Wiimod Lite fixed my problem. YAWMM is still broken but i dont need it anymore

Bug_Checker_ likes this.
  12. yahoo

Aug 4, 2014
    United States
    The app works fine, but with certain wads it crashes when navigating to the containing folder. If i remove problematic wads, while leaving other wads in the folder, there are no problems. Are you suggesting that this is because my sd card is formatted as fat32? Have you observed this issue and did changing the format resolve the issue for you?

13. dd2

dd2 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 6, 2016
    United States
    it's been a while, but i encountered this issue on my Wii U in vWii mode. This is how i fixed it. I use mac to transfer files to SD card. I just removed the wad files starting with dot, like ".loader.wad", i also renamed the wad file to avoid any special characters or spaces and was able to install WAD with YAWMM successfully!

CreeperMario likes this.
  14. CreeperMario

CreeperMario GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 18, 2016
    Australia
    OSv10 v15702
    Yeah, those files are created by Finder when you use it to to copy files to the FAT32 file system, because FAT32 doesn;t support extra data for files, which Finder uses to correctly organise your files. This doesn't happen in Apple native file systems, because it supports having that data in an actual system itself.

This small issue also causes problems in HBL, I plan on forking the project and fixing that up at some point.

CJB100 likes this.
  15. CJB100

CJB100 Programmer, Media Producer, Hardware Repair

May 8, 2016
    United States
    USA
    I really just need to add this to the vWii Guide so we can link to its section when people ask this question from now on.

CreeperMario likes this.