Hacking YAWMM crashes when i select my wad folder.

strikerdark

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi this is a mild annoyance that i've been having for over a year now, everytime i try to use YAWMM to install wad files it crashes on my wii u (exception dsi occurred), instead i have to use an old wad manager by waninkoko made years ago, the problem with using it is that it does not work with the new wiimote+ that came out a couple years ago so i have to use a very old wii mote i still have from like 2007.

JoostinOnline any ideas? I read a post in another forum of someone who was having the same issue and you tried to help him but he never responded.

yahoo

G͝B͢A͜t͞em҉p̡ R̨e͢g̷ul̨aŗ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I encountered this when I added a couple dozen VC wads to the folder. Removing them prevented the crash. Not sure if it is a specific wad, the number of wads or what.

strikerdark

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I encountered this when I added a couple dozen VC wads to the folder. Removing them prevented the crash. Not sure if it is a specific wad, the number of wads or what.

i believe its specific wads, 'cause i only had 4 wads in my folder and it was happening

Bug_Checker_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: absoluteajk

yahoo

G͝B͢A͜t͞em҉p̡ R̨e͢g̷ul̨aŗ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
use a 2gb card formatted as fat (fat16)

The app works fine, but with certain wads it crashes when navigating to the containing folder. If i remove problematic wads, while leaving other wads in the folder, there are no problems. Are you suggesting that this is because my sd card is formatted as fat32? Have you observed this issue and did changing the format resolve the issue for you?

dd2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's been a while, but i encountered this issue on my Wii U in vWii mode. This is how i fixed it. I use mac to transfer files to SD card. I just removed the wad files starting with dot, like ".loader.wad", i also renamed the wad file to avoid any special characters or spaces and was able to install WAD with YAWMM successfully!

D

Deleted User

it's been a while, but i encountered this issue on my Wii U in vWii mode. This is how i fixed it. I use mac to transfer files to SD card. I just removed the wad files starting with dot, like ".loader.wad", i also renamed the wad file to avoid any special characters or spaces and was able to install WAD with YAWMM successfully!
Yeah, those files are created by Finder when you use it to to copy files to the FAT32 file system, because FAT32 doesn;t support extra data for files, which Finder uses to correctly organise your files. This doesn't happen in Apple native file systems, because it supports having that data in an actual system itself.

This small issue also causes problems in HBL, I plan on forking the project and fixing that up at some point.

Reactions: CJB100

CJB100

Programmer, Media Producer, Hardware Repair
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, those files are created by Finder when you use it to to copy files to the FAT32 file system, because FAT32 doesn;t support extra data for files, which Finder uses to correctly organise your files. This doesn't happen in Apple native file systems, because it supports having that data in an actual system itself.

This small issue also causes problems in HBL, I plan on forking the project and fixing that up at some point.

I really just need to add this to the vWii Guide so we can link to its section when people ask this question from now on.

Reactions: Deleted User

s0ula55a551n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Awesome dude. Fixed my issue too

Thardus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi this is a mild annoyance that i've been having for over a year now, everytime i try to use YAWMM to install wad files it crashes on my wii u (exception dsi occurred), instead i have to use an old wad manager by waninkoko made years ago, the problem with using it is that it does not work with the new wiimote+ that came out a couple years ago so i have to use a very old wii mote i still have from like 2007.

JoostinOnline any ideas? I read a post in another forum of someone who was having the same issue and you tried to help him but he never responded.

I know this is an old thread but I just stumbled across this and was able to finally load WADs on the vWii. I never suspected the Wii Remote Plus was the culprit. It's so nice to be able to play N64 VC titles now. Still waiting for my N64 to be upgraded to UltraHDMI so this is tides me over.

Cheers!

Edit: Cleaning the file structure (from MacOS Finder artifacts) didn't help in my case, only using an older WiiMote did.

Last edited by Thardus,

MattM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this is an old thread but I just stumbled across this and was able to finally load WADs on the vWii. I never suspected the Wii Remote Plus was the culprit. It's so nice to be able to play N64 VC titles now. Still waiting for my N64 to be upgraded to UltraHDMI so this is tides me over.

Cheers!

Edit: Cleaning the file structure (from MacOS Finder artifacts) didn't help in my case, only using an older WiiMote did.

Very late to the party here, but I encountered this problem yesterday. I am basically stuck at this point. I can't seem to load HBC forwarder or USB Loader GX. When I try the vWii crashes just like others pointed out. I unfortunately only have some generic knockoff Wiimote to use right now. I have an Official Wiimote plus and nunchuck coming soon.

Is there any work around for this problem so I can get these Wads installed?

Thanks

Thardus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very late to the party here, but I encountered this problem yesterday. I am basically stuck at this point. I can't seem to load HBC forwarder or USB Loader GX. When I try the vWii crashes just like others pointed out. I unfortunately only have some generic knockoff Wiimote to use right now. I have an Official Wiimote plus and nunchuck coming soon.

Is there any work around for this problem so I can get these Wads installed?

Thanks

I only needed the official original wiimote just for using the wad installer. Other applications worked for me. Used wiimotes are probably easy to find.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended