Homebrew RELEASE Yaba Sanshiro stand alone for Nintendo Switch

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Another emulator without a compatibility list?

Seriously, where is the Wii era? Where between many people we have created amazing compatibility lists / wikis until emulators has reach the absurd perfection?
It's been out for a couple of days! :lol:Give them a bit of time at least!
I have always wanted to play Night Into Dreams but I didn't want to get a Sega Saturn. Does the PC version of this works okay?
One of my all time fave games!! :D Haven't tried it on this, but it does work on a PC, however I'd personally recommend the PS2 game over the Saturn original, which also runs great on PCSX2 for the PC.

pinbi7

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Happy to see you working on an upcomming compatibility list,very much apreciated
Another emulator without a compatibility list?

Seriously, where is the Wii era? Where between many people we have created amazing compatibility lists / wikis until emulators has reach the absurd perfection?

Reactions: nickmoses05

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
It's been out for a couple of days! :lol:Give them a bit of time at least!

One of my all time fave games!! :D Haven't tried it on this, but it does work on a PC, however I'd personally recommend the PS2 game over the Saturn original, which also runs great on PCSX2 for the PC.

I got the "sequel" so no thank you.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand why it is released on Switch when it is so much buggy and limited compatibility ? They should hold it back and fixed it before they release standalone version. SMH.

Go with retroarch Sega Saturn version for now.

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I tend to hate remasters unless is of something really old like a Nes game.

The remaster has Sega Saturn mode if you insist on wanting to play with low-res low-colour graphics.

When you complete it you unlock Christmas Nights. But unfortunately the "advent calendar" is missing as are most of the presents from said calendar.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The remaster has Sega Saturn mode if you insist on wanting to play with low-res low-colour graphics.

When you complete it you unlock Christmas Nights. But unfortunately the "advent calendar" is missing as are most of the presents from said calendar.

See my point? There is usually one or two things wrongs with remasters in most cases. I heard good things about the Ducktales remaster but I played the Nes and Gameboy versions to death so I am not getting it.

Edit2: And only the saturn version has the "Sonic the Hedgehog Into Dreams..." minigame.

Last edited by raxadian,

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
See my point? There is usually one or two things wrongs with remasters in most cases.

Well Christmas NiGHTS is just a bonus, anyway. There's nothing wrong with the main feature.

Edit2: And only the saturn version has the "Sonic the Hedgehog Into Dreams..." minigame.

Yea but that's barely a minigame and more a proof of concept. I can't remember if the PC Christmas NiGHTs includes Link Attack or not... That was a great bonus game.

HyperShadow

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malta
See my point? There is usually one or two things wrongs with remasters in most cases. I heard good things about the Ducktales remaster but I played the Nes and Gameboy versions to death so I am not getting it.

There's nothing wrong with the Steam remaster. At least not anymore. Originally it was released with inferior controls but they fixed that with a well-needed patch. I love that they included the original game graphics mode since they really didn't have to.
Christmas NiGHTS is a separate game/demo and is included in the remaster as a bonus. It's a shame there's no Sonic into Dreams but there's plenty of unlockables anyway. If you're such a purist that you demand the authentic version of Christmas NiGHTS you should probably get a Saturn.

Reactions: Pleng

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
There's nothing wrong with the Steam remaster. At least not anymore. Originally it was released with inferior controls but they fixed that with a well-needed patch. I love that they included the original game graphics mode since they really didn't have to.
Christmas NiGHTS is a separate game/demo and is included in the remaster as a bonus. It's a shame there's no Sonic into Dreams but there's plenty of unlockables anyway. If you're such a purist that you demand the authentic version of Christmas NiGHTS you should probably get a Saturn.

It removes stuff the original game had and people liked, so no thank you.

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
It removes stuff the original game had and people liked, so no thank you.

No it doesn't. It in fact includes a lot of things that the original didn't.

Honestly now I'm starting to think you're deliberately being anal about it just to try and back up your "see, remasters suck" stance.

Last edited by Pleng,

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
No it doesn't. It in fact includes a lot of things that the original didn't.

Honestly now I'm starting to think you're deliberately being anal about it just to try and back up your "see, remasters suck" stance.
And only the saturn version has the "Sonic the Hedgehog Into Dreams..." minigame

I am done here.

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I am done here.

Good, and thank you for confirming my point. Christmas NiGHTS is included in the remaster, which wasn't included with the original Saturn game.

Tthe remasater has *more* content than the original game.

It's unfortunate that content is missing from Christmas NiGHTS, but as that's just a bonus anyway, it's not really relevant to the argument.

Feffe

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Everything the original NiGHTS had is present in the remake. Some of the bonus features of Christmas NiGHTS are missing (Sonic, Time Attack, Link Attack, some costumes) - a shame, indeed, but I wouldn't say the remake is bad because of it and the main attractions of Christmas NiGHTS (the new storyline, the ability to monitor the A-Life) are there. A good comparison would be Wind Waker HD, which is missing the Tingle Tuner, but overall it's a good remake (well, they also completely missing the point of the art style but that's another story...).

Anyway, iirc in the PC version NiGHTS is slightly slower than in the original version and playing the so-called "Saturn mode" doesn't fix that (in fact, "Saturn mode" is just the PC version running at a lowered resolution). I played the PC version first and felt in love with the game, so I wouldn't say the OG game is ruined but I suppose if you are really into speedrunning and high-scoring the game - which is its point after all - it's important to know it.

Reactions: HyperShadow

HyperShadow

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malta
I finally got around to setting this up and I have to say, THANK YOU to the dev that made this possible - playing NiGHTS on the go has been a dream of mine for many many years, and it's finally possible thanks to yabasanshiro. It plays perfectly smoothly.
The only issues for me are:
1. Will it ever be possible to pair a pro controller? (I'm guessing not since it's based on lakka?)
2. The saturn system clock can't be set. Not a big deal but this disables some time-dependent features in Christmas NiGHTS.
3. Is there any way to reboot to payload? That way I won't have to connect to a pc every time I want to exit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this is him being described