Hacking Xenoblade X - In the recent light.

Would you rather have patch for Japanese version than play the localized version?

• Total voters

Azel

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I wish it was available as a Torrent, hell it would be a Looooooot faster than Damn MEGA!
or if we just had the WUD key and a wud dump, in turn giving us the NUS key.

Why watch a french movie in it's original voices you are not going to understand it so better take a dub anyway am I right? Also some people do get at least nuance, or character involvement from the voice still. Dub sometimes fails with this; i seen cases where a dub changes a happy go lucky character into snarky bitch and so on. Some people just prefer to have their games how they were originally made; For me it is not Just having Japanese games in Japanese, I love Metro 2033 in Russian, and so on.

I am just sorry but your line there is borderline ignorant.

Sure, to me personally it is mainly just the audio, but there is people who could prefer it completely original way and if given the change; I would take that too. I have nothing against the localized version, will pick it up eventually but if given change; I just play the original Japanese game with English text.

It is really easy to go "well it is just boobs right? That should be thrown away" and wherever the line goes. Yakuza games had even more than that cut just for same reasoning "It is just Japanese culture minigames" and so on. You can qualify anything with qualifier "It is just X" but at the end of day there is one fact:
The makers of the game put everything they wanted into the game and put it in there for a reason. Frankly one's artistic vision; be it whatever, should not be 2nd to whatever someone else feels that should be. It can be insignificant but there should be no reason to sanitize art for any reason. That is just me.

Like said; To me I also can enjoy the game without the content; I just have this principle for myself. I mainly would borderline require the original Japanese audio because that is How I like it, with Project Zero, with other Japanese games; Xenoblade Chronicles on Wii, Even Metro games in Russian and so on.
Haha, exactly, French movie ? dub ? no, just watch the awful american remake :)
I wan't the undub because my Japanese understanding is good enough to get differences with english subs, but not good enough to read/get every kanjis, especially fast enough to be able to enjoy the game.

Also, I can't help to agree with @Cyan on everything he said, you should also know that (and the weaboo word shows up in every such talk about undub stuff) everybody isn't american (arguably this forum seems to be weel represented internationally), we're not weaboos for wanting undub stuff, I'll talk of what I know :
France used to be (or still is) the second biggest market for anime and manga after Japan, why would I EVER want english dub to my jp games/anime ? this make no sense. (even wasting space on french anime dvds for english dub and english dub cast interviews make ZERO SENSE (I'm looking at you Disney-Ghibli french dvds)

with that "american colony logic", I'd be supposed to watch anime like berserk in french/german/english ? LOL
(That being said, I played Xenosaga dubed in english, I tired the undub later but the Japanese level of speech was too complicated for me, common speech if fine, but when them talk about technical stuff or words with 3+ kanjis, I don't know those words and it can get hard to follow pretty quick for me (for example I played FF7CC on psp at jp launch, got everything but one part with Hojo)

I don't care about the swimsuit thing, I'm more intrigued about the rumored end stuff removed stuff some of you guys were mentioning.
Religion censorship etc kinda pisses me off, why us european do so often get stuck with american censored games ? (I know the answer is localisation costs and German usk but still..)

on the bust issue...well, I'm going to play a dude anyway, but I think removing this kind of stuff disturbing somehow, why do ppl remove this kind of stuff actually ? Breasts are inappropriate/shameful ? Breast evoke sexuality ?, I just don't like the message of it, for instance, my GF has pretty big breasts, I'd be fine with any size, but should she be told that her body is inappropriate ? to me this is "body shaming", in away.
Breasts should just be breasts, and that's it. (but I know I'm 32 now, and the game is trying to pass the Teen ESRB thing, and Breasts = holy grail for a teen, so...)

Bottom line is, why aren't we getting jp voices as free DLC, when disc space is the issue ?

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
One additional thing I will be attempting is interchangeability of save files between JP and EU versions.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it's possible to work, if they don't modify item or skill numbers (which will mess your menus), or number of save locations, etc.
you will probably have wrong character's name, but it's fixable.
you will probably have to fix the save data checksum too.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
it's possible to work, if they don't modify item or skill numbers (which will mess your menus), or number of save locations, etc.
you will probably have wrong character's name, but it's fixable.
you will probably have to fix the save data checksum too.

Yeah. just mental note of things to test as soon as I could personally, even if someone who actually knows what they are doing picks it up.

weavile001

Spiritmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Nope, I prefer to Hear english voices over Japanese voices, JP sounds weird to me.
I don't care about bust size/swimsuits, I don't like to fight freaking huge robots and aliens while wearing almost no clothing , My mind is like''one slash/shot and we're dead''.

Though i can *kinda* see why people like these things.....

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Nope, I prefer to Hear english voices over Japanese voices, JP sounds weird to me.
I don't care about bust size/swimsuits, I don't like to fight freaking huge robots and aliens while wearing almost no clothing , My mind is like''one slash/shot and we're dead''.

Though i can *kinda* see why people like these things.....

Just "kinda" - Dude, people like boobs, small or big. There is no "kinda" there pretty things are pretty, even for some straight women. There is no "kinda" or any grand mystery there, people like sexy people. Grand mystery solved.

Reactions: Zeriel

weavile001

Spiritmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Just "kinda" - Dude, people like boobs, small or big. There is no "kinda" there pretty things are pretty, even for some straight women. There is no "kinda" or any grand mystery there, people like sexy people. Grand mystery solved.
Aye,I know, most of the female characters i use on FF XIV are like that....
still, fighting in swimsuits looks kinda weird to me.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Aye,I know, most of the female characters i use on FF XIV are like that....
still, fighting in swimsuits looks kinda weird to me.

It's Japan. And still You are only fighting in swimsuits if you want to fight in swimsuits, and if you acquire them, not like you couldn't do that in original Xenoblade Chronicles. Now PSO2, you can fight in Wedding Dresses or oversized Rappy (a chick like bird creature) suits - Ain't no silly here at all. And also breast sliders.

All hail men: the cheap gender to play as.

cavolo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I like to be free to choose how to play the game, not a family-religious-whatever-cuted game. If there is possible to get the original game, with english translation (or even more language, why not), that would be awesome.
Ok, boobs slider and litle outfit is not the important to the game, but if I can, why not ?
The same applies to what he said

I would love a patch. After this whole mess of lazy poor edits, feature removal, stupid names, and religious references being removed i am pretty sure that the story is already compromised.
There is no way they are going to leave the final chapter untouch. Also the unwanted memes....:glare:

Religious references, etc... That can directly change how the game as to be interpreted...

Xirix

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh god damnit they're changing more?... Xenosaga was full of religious references.. true they weren't on nintendo consoles but ugh.

Azel

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I do listen to their podcast every other week and those guys are great and do stellar localisation, swimsuit/boobs slider, jpdub not on disc prolly are tree house choices, religious stuff prolly treehouse guidelines.

poppop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
arent 8-4 know for doing terrible translations, removing dialogue, and creating region specific bugs? Hell with azure gunvolt they remove like halve of the script.

Azel

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I did not know about that :) (just started Gunvolt played 2 areas, not sure how bad the script was to being with tbh, you can't do miracles)

Their writing saved shadow of the damned though. Loved what they did with and tales of Vesperia, Tales of the abyss, Nier, Metal Gear Rising Revengence was pretty good too :)

Heard good things from FE Awakening too..

They also did xenosaga 3, which was fine from what I can remember.

Last edited by Azel,

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I did not know about that :) (just started Gunvolt played 2 areas, not sure how bad the script was to being with tbh, you can't do miracles)

Their writing saved shadow of the damned though. Loved what they did with and tales of Vesperia, Tales of the abyss, Nier, Metal Gear Rising Revengence was pretty good too :)

Heard good things from FE Awakening too..

They also did xenosaga 3, which was fine from what I can remember.

FE awakening in EU or US, this being important distinction because the memes most well did NOT fit when inserted in the US version, and also more cencoring in US than EU., etc. Tales of Vesperia was good stuff but that was years ago; and many companies that did good stuff eight years ago are no longer doing their stuff that... Goodly.

Azel

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I would suppose US ver., also Nintendo Treehouse is responsible for guidlines about censorship, not them^^

but yeah, I get your point..

I doubt Xenoblade X gets 2 different eng translation though, guess, we'll see.

Monado_III

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I like to be free to choose how to play the game, not a family-religious-whatever-cuted game. If there is possible to get the original game, with english translation (or even more language, why not), that would be awesome. Religious references, etc... That can directly change how the game as to be interpreted...

Just leaving this here (from a GFaqs thread asking if there was any story alterations)
there was another post I read that explained how the BLADE division changes we all made to be more literal as to what they do and less figurative ("ex. Last Will and Testament, for the division tasked with reclaiming parts of the White Whale and finding lost items")

Primulus said:
Hi, I believe I can help here. Here's a list of story alterations known so far:

1. BLADE acronym has been changed. Formerly Beyond the Logos Artificial Destiny Emancipator, the organization is now called Building the Legacy After the Destruction of Earth. This is the primary "Jungian reference" changed. It was heavily Engrish before and didn't make much sense in the context of the story.

2. BLADE divisions have had their names changed. The division names were Testament, Interceptor, Avalanche, Companion, Colepedian, Land Bank, Arms and Pathfinder. They're now called Reclaimers, Interceptors, Harriers, Mediators, Curators, Prospectors, Outfitters and Pathfinders.

3. Two character name changes. The character of Ru is now called L, and the character of Himeri Aranji is now called Hope Alanzi. Note that "Ru" is a single letter in Japanese, and the equivalent of L.

4. Dolls are now known as Skells. B.B.'s are now apparently known as "M.I.M."

5. Growth is now called Ganglion.

Other instances of religious and philosophical references have been unchanged. For instance, the Skell "Amdusias" is unchanged. This is a reference to a demon summoning grimoire Lemegeton, an overt religious reference if there ever was one. Furthermore, there are accusations that L, or Ru, was a reference to Lucifer, and while possible, his full name ("Ru-Shirufe") doesn't sound like Lucifer, it sounds like "Lu-sil-fey." Lucifer would be rendered "Rushifaa" in katakana, rather than "Rushirufe."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/701151-xenoblade-chronicles-x/72827686

Reactions: Cyan and Azel

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for the informative post with names changes.
I'm fine with almost all of it.

Logos has a meaning, it's Greek for thoughts, reason, savant.
It looked like there were a hidden meaning with "Beyond the Logos".
The new acronym dropped this philosophical reference.
Well, that's fine to know it was there. I suppose we never use the full name in the game anyway, we will always see "blade".

I don't understand why Dolls needed a new name.

I feel like doll had a signification in that game, like being either the puppet used for battles, but maybe at the same time have their own thought. much like xenoblade on wii, or Dolls tv series (Wheddon) the will/spirit/soul of someone could be injected into empty shells. (in other medias at least. I don't know this game's story)
or was doll a German word here? (wicked, evil)
The new word Skell is also German for skeleton.
maybe that fits it better if it's only an armor around a human, it's a skeleton only, no soul inside them.
I just like the (english, not german) word doll better :P

I'll be fine with anything they choose. it won't prevent me playing it.

Reactions: Azel

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place