Xenoblade X - In the recent light.

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Sumea, Nov 16, 2015.

?

Would you rather have patch for Japanese version than play the localized version?

1. Yes

70.2%
  2. No

29.8%
  1. Sumea
    OP

Sumea Disco Ninja Frog

Aug 16, 2008
    Finland
    Turku
    So given the news of changed content in Xenoblade X, I was personally wondering has anyone checked the files and moddability of those in Japanese version. Basically right now at least for us with the ability, it is much simpler to probably apply English script to Japanese version and just roll with that.

Is anyone possibly looking into doing this with the Japanese version?

To those who do not know, the Western version of Xenoblade X is being gimped from somewhat insignificant to somewhat major like not including Dual Audio when the original game did.

I would personally look into this if I can but I have no special skills really.

Pachee and yuyuyup like this.

2. crediar

crediar Possiblenator

Mar 5, 2006
    Well we are still kinda depended on the scene to dump the games so we can even look at them and there are no japanese scene releases at all.

So before even talking about patching or replacing something we need the japanese version in decrypted form, as well as the EUR/USA version but I'm sure they will be dumped around the release date.

Though without looking at the data when one assumed they are using the same way as for Xenoblades Chronicals (3D) then replacing the audio is farily simple.
    I did this myself and I'm currently playing XC:3D with all audio being in japanese using HANS.

Also they probably run out of space otherwise I'm sure they would have added the japanese audio, the game is about 22GB I think.

Last edited by crediar, Nov 16, 2015
    KiiWii likes this.
  3. EclipseSin

EclipseSin FullMental Trollemist

Apr 1, 2015
    United States
    Vegeta's Hyrule
    There are no "group" releases, but XenobladeX JP is definitely available to go download and look at the files. The wud shouldn't be needed at all for what he's asking. At least for the file inspection end.

4. crediar

crediar Possiblenator

Mar 5, 2006
    WUD or extracted files would work.
    But it's still about 22GB to download and that through sharehosting where I assume it's hosted will take a looooong time.

5. Sumea
    OP

Sumea Disco Ninja Frog

Aug 16, 2008
    Finland
    Turku
    Yeah, I am taking the sweet time, I might buy the game myself for sure but I would rather play just the japanese version with english script.

Also good job with everything you done thus far Crediar, you are CREDITAR for everything.

6. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein Professional asshole at GBATemp

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    AFAIK it is 9GB compressed, unless they ripped something, but I have been playing it with no problem while waiting my European limited edition.

7. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    I'm curious - what are the exact differences? The ones I know of are:
    - English voice acting instead of Japanese (this would probably be easy to change)
    - Can't change bust size when creating a female character
    - Some of the very revealing swimsuits were made less revealing on the 13-year old charater

Is there anything else?

8. sarkwalvein

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    Not that I know, I don't see any need to make a patch for this.
    The localization seems a perfect game as it is.

9. PhyChris

PhyChris GBAtemp Regular

May 6, 2009
    Canada
    LOL! things are very different over there.

10. keven3477

keven3477 Fresh Prince of Lemonade

Jul 12, 2012
    United States
    Somwhere you can never find.
    Any chance the faces were fixed in the localization.

Azel, Saiyan Lusitano and VinsCool like this.
  11. Sumea
    OP

Sumea Disco Ninja Frog

Aug 16, 2008
    Finland
    Turku
    There is rumors there is other stuff too and it is just not made clear yet.

12. sarkwalvein

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    Nope, you pay for uncanny valley doll-faces, you get uncanny valley doll-faces.

keven3477 likes this.
  13. Xirix

Xirix GBAtemp Regular

Jun 21, 2007
    I'd be happy with just an Undub really, but I do hope someone who knows what they're doing gives Xenoblade X some kind of treatment. :)

14. Pachee

Pachee GBAtemp Regular

Nov 3, 2015
    United States
    I would love a patch. After this whole mess of lazy poor edits, feature removal, stupid names, and religious references being removed i am pretty sure that the story is already compromised.
    There is no way they are going to leave the final chapter untouch. Also the unwanted memes....:glare:

15. fatsquirrel

fatsquirrel GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Nov 11, 2013
    Its available on MEGA

16. cruel rose

cruel rose Member

Newcomer
    Nov 12, 2011
    United States
    Please don't put these back in the game

tbb043 likes this.
  17. RemixDeluxe
    This message by RemixDeluxe has been removed from public view by Veho, Nov 18, 2015.
    Nov 17, 2015
  18. OriginalHamster

OriginalHamster UStealthy

Nov 2, 2008
    Cote d'Ivoire
    But what about intallation packs? Are they compatible with the japanese release?

19. sarkwalvein

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    I think this thread presented a poll asking whether you would prefer the localized version or a patch for the japanese version.
    It actually IS the place for someone with an opinion on this to come. Didn't you realize such a basic thing?

tbb043 likes this.
  20. RemixDeluxe
    This message by RemixDeluxe has been removed from public view by Veho, Nov 18, 2015.
    Nov 17, 2015
  21. LysergCooltyp

LysergCooltyp I don't know why the microwave burns

Nov 4, 2011
    I couldn't care less about increasing the boobs of a female character to a level that's anatomical questionable and i'm perfectly fine with a 13-year old kid not looking too revealing (visit a doctor if you so called 'adult' get pissed about that) in a swimsuit. However i do enjoy the option of dual audio and if the game offers it in the region it was first introduced, then so should the localization.

Yuusei likes this.
  22. RemixDeluxe
    Nov 17, 2015
  23. sarkwalvein

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    I would really need to investigate what is being censored, if general story and dialoge are being severely changed taking out religious topics just because that will annoy me.
    English VA are good, I am playing it in Japanese right now and I wouldn't miss the Japanese VA.
    And the breast resizing option for character creation as well as toned down costumes for Lin are really a small thing that doesn't really bothers me personally.