Xenoblade Chronicles X Special Edition Launches on Dec. 4

XX_BUNDLE_2.jpg

Launching alongside the standalone version of massive Wii U role-playing game Xenoblade Chronicles X on Dec. 4 is a Special Edition overflowing with great content. Perfect for fans who want to experience everything Xenoblade Chronicles X has to offer, players who purchase the Special Edition at a suggested retail price of $89.99 will get a beautifully designed package that contains:
  • The Xenoblade Chronicles X game
  • A gorgeous book of concept art with more than 100 pages, featuring select art for the very first time
  • A unique USB drive modeled after the game's "Lifehold Unit," pre-loaded with a selection of 10 music tracks from the game's memorable soundtrack
  • A limited-edition matted 5x7 art card of a painting done for the game by illustrator Takashi Kojo
Unique to North America, this Xenoblade Chronicles X Special Edition is now available for pre-order at select retailers nationwide.

Xenoblade Chronicles X comes from acclaimed developers Monolith Soft, the creators of Xenoblade Chronicles for the Wii console. In this new game, Earth is destroyed and humanity faces annihilation from an intergalactic war between two alien races. Players must fight for their survival and explore a new planet full of exotic and hostile life-forms. To traverse the planet with ease, players can pilot customizable mechs called "Skells," which give them powerful weapons. Players can also customize a lethal skill set of combat and defensive skills called Arts to strengthen their strategies and defeat enemies efficiently.

For more information about Xenoblade Chronicles X, visit http://xenobladechroniclesx.nintendo.com/.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

I was on Chapter 3 Part 3 and the text really did a number on me, so as such, I tried reading it on the GamePad but even then the text was still too small. So like, what's up with that?! Because of its tininess I had to get close to the screen to read it which shouldn't be necessary and the music being louder than the voices is another issue.

P.S. What purpose does the QTE of pressing B have?

Monado_III

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was on Chapter 3 Part 3 and the text really did a number on me, so as such, I tried reading it on the GamePad but even then the text was still too small. So like, what's up with that?! Because of its tininess I had to get close to the screen to read it which shouldn't be necessary and the music being louder than the voices is another issue.

P.S. What purpose does the QTE of pressing B have?
It's your main way to heal, and grants bonus damage.

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
you literally have 1 second to react to push B and when it appears your either moving the camera because of NO lock on feature or are in the middle of doing another action it's ludicrous!

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
it locks on but not to the cam you still have to move it manually your too busy moving the cam and yourself by the time you see the B command you miss it. and also the ai are dumb as shit in this all you have to do is get behind them and most of the time they just stand there and do nothing! but that's not the worst part it says an area is SAFE and had low level mobs on it on the map so when you go in exploring or to grind suddenly something has just killed me with 2000+ dmg. you look up and there is a lvl 90 monster that just seamlessly appeared out of nowhere and killed you and i swear it wasn't there a minute ago!!

Last edited by Bladexdsl,

Monado_III

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
it locks on but not to the cam you still have to move it manually your too busy moving the cam and yourself by the time you see the B command you miss it. and also the ai are dumb as shit in this all you have to do is get behind them and most of the time they just stand there and do nothing!
then speed up the camera movement??? (which you CAN do). I haven't seen ANYONE else complain about that, and I've been on the gamefaqs forum for quite a while since release, as well as looking at some reddit stuff.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
you shouldn't have to speed up the cam is should follow the monster around when you have lock on that's WHY it's called LOCK ON not lock and follow on! i thought the 1st xenoblade had problems but this game tops it by 10! bad interface, terrible music, bad combat design it's a joke. i'll be selling it REAL soon.

Monado_III

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
you shouldn't have to speed up the cam is should follow the monster around when you have lock on that's WHY it's called LOCK ON not lock and follow on! i thought the 1st xenoblade had problems but this game tops it by 10! bad interface, terrible music, bad combat design it's a joke. i'll be selling it REAL soon.
dammit, you live in a PAL territory...

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
and the music being louder than the voices is another issue.

I hate that so much and the fact that there is no option to adjust the different sound settings is a joke. Its like the more time I spend with this game the more badly implemented jank I discover.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i was looking so forward to this game when i say the videos for it but it's full of too many flaws the gorgeous graphics and open world don't make up for all it's other terrible designs. like

terrible music and not being able to mute or adjust it.
wonky battle system and cam.
backwards shoddy interface.
This one right here has to be the top most useless feature in the whole game: not being able to wear any equipment whenever i want (not the lvl req.) so i can't use equips unless i lvl that equips skill from that manufacture? LOL WAT?!! that's like saying you can't use sony products unless you've used their products before it's ridiculous! :lol:
not being able to turn battle voices off...

loqhib.jpg

Last edited by Bladexdsl,
Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

OneUp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, this game does a bad job at presenting information.
I haven't spent the time trying to read through the menus or the manual yet to try to optimize my party so that they can combo off of each other.

I remember something mentioning that your Division can be changed from the multiplayer/division terminal in the barracks.

Battle system seems pretty good overall, but I'm still learning it.

The music is hit and miss - town themes are bad, field themes are OK, and battle themes (so far) have been great.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I haven't seen ANYONE else complain about that,
I complained about the lock on feature too. it's few posts above.
You have to constantly move the camera, because you don't see the monster. the camera is showing you the ground or the sky if you don't move it manually, EVEN when using lock on option.

I don't remember having issues pressing B while moving the camera on Wii.
camera wasn't moved with L/R instead of analog stick? you had your thumb free for B button.
The interface could be improved in a lot of way by simply re-affecting the button mapping of many options. I don't know why they chose this combo-button mapping for a lot of things, beta testers thought like it wasn't an issue? but lot of players are complaining about the interface, why can't they be concerned themselves?

R + Y/A to switch attacked monster target? That's really hard to do...
"+" and X to move around the battle menu?
B while in battle cancel the battle? I press B too often (at the wrong time) and it cancel the battle !!

There's also unnecessary interface, like "press A 10 times after defeating 10 monsters to "open" the drops".
Just display the drops faster! or make a different interface with list of monster->drops for each.
That cube interface is ugly, and not needed.

Reactions: Bladexdsl

Elusivo

Shinobu Molester
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Press the right stick, like click it. That's your lock on.
Not exactly correct, the right stick click is a weapon lock only, to attack a particular part of the enemy (legs, head, etc), the green circle will change to red and lock onto that part for the weapon to attack.

To do camera lock on an enemy for the camera to follow is the L button after u press R to select which enemy to attack. It will show an orange circle on the red arrow on top of the enemy (sometimes not so easy to notice) when it's locked and the cam will follow it, but no exactly center it which is more natural imo than in zelda for ex.
The cam lock will easily unlock if u move the right stick tho, which sometimes happens when we press down on it to do the weapon lock and manually move the camera unwillingly, so always have to keep an eye on the orange circle to see if it's cam locked.

Last edited by Elusivo,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
L = lock the camera on a monster, to move around him. but the camera is not good and you still have to manually move it "around" (because locked) the monster : position, heights, zoom, etc.
Right stick press = lock on a monster part (head, paw, tail, etc.)

Too bad there's no easy way to select a monster part, you have to move and see it to be able to lock it.
Dpad Up/down is not even used in battles, they could have used it to manually switch parts.
It's not even used to "recenter" the battle command, like on Wii.

Elusivo

Shinobu Molester
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
ye, the cam does go crazy on tall enemies particularly [emoji14] but I dun really mind the parts select, it adds to the challenge.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

I hate that so much and the fact that there is no option to adjust the different sound settings is a joke. Its like the more time I spend with this game the more badly implemented jank I discover.

i was looking so forward to this game when i say the videos for it but it's full of too many flaws the gorgeous graphics and open world don't make up for all it's other terrible designs. like

terrible music and not being able to mute or adjust it.
wonky battle system and cam.
backwards shoddy interface.
This one right here has to be the top most useless feature in the whole game: not being able to wear any equipment whenever i want (not the lvl req.) so i can't use equips unless i lvl that equips skill from that manufacture? LOL WAT?!! that's like saying you can't use sony products unless you've used their products before it's ridiculous! :lol:
not being able to turn battle voices off...

loqhib.jpg

I wholeheartedly agree with both of you. And despite my best effort to try and enjoy the game it's hard with all the flaws it has so there's one thing left to do: Sell the game. I'll just get my money back and when Xenoblade X is cheaper then I'll purchase it again.

Monolith really screwed up with the tiny text to the point that it's hardly readable on the GamePad.

Reactions: Bladexdsl

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
From what I observed consecutive soul voices are harder. The first and second ones are easy af.
I haven't found much issues with it tbh.
Has anyone played multiplayer though? I borrowed the Wii U of a friend so I have nobody to test it out with.

Last edited by CathyRina,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, That is definitely exciting news. +1