Microsoft is raising the price point for Xbox Live Gold memberships. 1-month memberships are increasing by $1 to $10.99 a month, while 3-month and 6-month subscriptions are spiking up $5 and $20 respectively. With this new pricing model, a 6-month pass of Xbox Live Gold will now retail for $59.99. Current subscribers on the 6-month or 12-month plan auto-renewals won't be affected by these new prices, for the time being.
Meanwhile, the new monthly games for Gold members have been announced. Gears 5, Resident Evil HD, Dandara: Trials of Fear Edition, Breakdown, and Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb will all be free throughout February. Gears and Resident Evil can be claimed all month, while Dandara will be free from February 16-March 15, Breakdown will be free from February 16-28, and Indiana Jones can be gotten any time from February 1-15.
- Available for the whole month – Gears 5 (normally $39.99) – Experience the celebrated campaign and multiplayer, now fully optimized for Xbox Series X|S. With all-out war descending, Kait Diaz breaks away to uncover her connection to the enemy and discovers the true danger to Sera… herself.
- Available for the whole month – Resident Evil (normally $19.99) – It’s the game that defined the genre. In this remastered version, join the special forces team, S.T.A.R.S., and investigate a mysterious mansion on the outskirts of Raccoon City. Stay alert because supplies are scarce, and the living dead are all around.
- From February 16 to March 15 – Dandara: Trials of Fear Edition (normally $14.99) – Discover secrets, dangers, and an array of unique characters in the world of Salt. In this metroidvania-style platformer, a heroine arises out of the aether of fear to help a world on the brink of collapse. Featuring stunning handcrafted pixel art and original soundtrack compositions that bring a visual and auditory wonderland to life.
- From February 16 to 28 – Breakdown (normally $19.99) – After 10 years removed from the original title, return to the troubled planet torn apart from the ongoing battle for thermal energy. Play four player co-op and customize your character with an arsenal of weapons and vehicles to pilot.
- From February 1 to 15 – Indiana Jones and the Emperor’s Tomb (normally $9.99) – It’s time to put on your fedora and help Indy recover one of the most powerful artifacts known to man. In epic, globe-spanning fashion, take on Nazis and the Asian underworld to track down the mysterious Heart of the Dragon before it falls into hostile hands.