Xbox Live Games With Gold games for February 2021 revealed, alongside monthly price increase

Xbox-Live-Gold-Free-Games_01-22-21-600x338.jpg

Microsoft is raising the price point for Xbox Live Gold memberships. 1-month memberships are increasing by $1 to $10.99 a month, while 3-month and 6-month subscriptions are spiking up $5 and $20 respectively. With this new pricing model, a 6-month pass of Xbox Live Gold will now retail for $59.99. Current subscribers on the 6-month or 12-month plan auto-renewals won't be affected by these new prices, for the time being.

Meanwhile, the new monthly games for Gold members have been announced. Gears 5, Resident Evil HD, Dandara: Trials of Fear Edition, Breakdown, and Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb will all be free throughout February. Gears and Resident Evil can be claimed all month, while Dandara will be free from February 16-March 15, Breakdown will be free from February 16-28, and Indiana Jones can be gotten any time from February 1-15.

Xbox One

• Available for the whole month – Gears 5 (normally $39.99) – Experience the celebrated campaign and multiplayer, now fully optimized for Xbox Series X|S. With all-out war descending, Kait Diaz breaks away to uncover her connection to the enemy and discovers the true danger to Sera… herself.
  • Available for the whole month – Resident Evil (normally $19.99) – It’s the game that defined the genre. In this remastered version, join the special forces team, S.T.A.R.S., and investigate a mysterious mansion on the outskirts of Raccoon City. Stay alert because supplies are scarce, and the living dead are all around.
  • From February 16 to March 15 – Dandara: Trials of Fear Edition (normally $14.99) – Discover secrets, dangers, and an array of unique characters in the world of Salt. In this metroidvania-style platformer, a heroine arises out of the aether of fear to help a world on the brink of collapse. Featuring stunning handcrafted pixel art and original soundtrack compositions that bring a visual and auditory wonderland to life.
Xbox 360

• From February 16 to 28 – Breakdown (normally $19.99) – After 10 years removed from the original title, return to the troubled planet torn apart from the ongoing battle for thermal energy. Play four player co-op and customize your character with an arsenal of weapons and vehicles to pilot.
Xbox

• From February 1 to 15 – Indiana Jones and the Emperor’s Tomb (normally $9.99) – It’s time to put on your fedora and help Indy recover one of the most powerful artifacts known to man. In epic, globe-spanning fashion, take on Nazis and the Asian underworld to track down the mysterious Heart of the Dragon before it falls into hostile hands.

:arrow: Source

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There is an error from the original article in the quote and blurb before it. It says Breakdown however it should say Lost Planet 2. The game description and platform and hyperlinks are correct.

Breakdown was January and is an Original Xbox title.

On the games themselves, this a good month's selection to say the least. Anyone who doesn't have Game Pass can enjoy Gears 5 which has a Series X|S upgrade as well.

Last edited by AshuraZro,
Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, are you able to just stock up on the 12 month subscriptions now? I seem to remember being able to activate multiple instances of 1 years and they'd just stack - does it still do that?

yoyoyo69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's also a way of pushing up the price if Game Pass (although not yet).

They're stopping people getting in cheaper, then faze out Live, then gradually push up Game Pass.

D

Deleted User

I like how they still support previous gens with „free“ games - shame on sony for dropping ps3 and psv +Titles.

RyRyIV

Primitive Screwhead
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Remember when you could get an entire year of Gold for $59.99? Gotta love that subtle price doubling.

At this point there's really no reason to subscribe to Gold individually; Game Pass Ultimate is a mere $4 more per month, and has such a hilariously higher value. Which I'm sure is the point, from Microsoft's perspective.

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have no reason to believe at this point there would be an Xbox Live Gold subscription for new subscribers in a year. Instead, I expect to see current subscribers converted to Game Pass or Game Pass Ultimate at grandfathered pricing with Gold retired outright.

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Only a fool would have an xbox without game pass at this point.
Only a true fool would have an Xbox in the first place, considering its "exclusives" also work on PC, and its controllers have always been horribly designed.
I don't know anything about the Game Pass, though; never bought it. Can you play Banjo & Kazooie through it? I've kinda always wanted to play the updated port...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...