PlayStation Plus and Xbox Live Gold games for January 2022 revealed

aaaadsadasdas.png

Are you ready to kick off the New Year with a new lineup of games for PlayStation's and Xbox's membership services? Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and Xbox Live Gold subscribers will get a new handful of games throughout January, with Neuro Voider and Radiant Silvergun available to claim on January 1st, and Aground and Space Invaders Infinite Gene on January 16th. While the full list of titles hasn't been revealed for what's coming to and leaving Game Pass in January, Anacrusis, Pupperazzi, and Windjammers 2 will all be added throughout the month.

On the PlayStation side of things, you'll be able to grab Deep Rock Galactic which is new to the platform, Dirt 5, and Persona 5 Strikers starting on January 4th. If you haven't already gotten last month's games, now is the time to do so, before they're gone.

:arrow: Source: PS / XB

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was pretty sure that any game marked as PS4/PS5 means you get the PS4 version (unless otherwise noted) which is playable on both systems, while if it only says PS4 or PS5, then you're dealing with a game only playable on that device. I know the PS5 is backwards compatible with PS4 games, but I thought not quite every game is compatible which is where P5S stands. At least that was how I interpreted it. I certainly could be wrong.
ps4/5 version means there's an upgraded version for the ps5, so you get the ps5 version by default if you have a ps5. ps4 version probably if you're using a ps4. that's how it is on my system at least. it will say "installed" for anything that's ps4 only while "purchased" for ps4/5 where you can open the link to download the ps4 version if you want, not sure what will happen if you do.

Reactions: CeeDee

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was pretty sure that any game marked as PS4/PS5 means you get the PS4 version (unless otherwise noted) which is playable on both systems, while if it only says PS4 or PS5, then you're dealing with a game only playable on that device. I know the PS5 is backwards compatible with PS4 games, but I thought not quite every game is compatible which is where P5S stands. At least that was how I interpreted it. I certainly could be wrong.
Pretty sure virtually all PS4 games work on PS5. Persona 5 Strikers just doesn't have a native PS5 version, so it only lists "PS4" - you could still play that on PS5 though. The other two have PS5-specific versions.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
afaik, there's only around 7 ps4 games that don't work on the ps5. there was a list, and none looked like something I'd be interested in. lol plus, if you're a psn+ subscriber on the ps5, you get around 20 free games as part of the ps4 collection. the monthly games may seem shitty sometimes, but these are pretty good including god of war and ratchet and clank.

blue-moon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
vgcollect.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
At this point I expect nothing from games with gold, as long as game pass is still going strong i'll take the odd okay game for free it's clearly not going to compete with ps plus which is an actual priority for sony unlike gold for Microsoft. Gamepass still gets good additions (deep rock galactic and dirt 5 have been on gamepass for a little while already)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn