ROM Hack Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Graphics Settings

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using this docked config with recommended OC
I get 20fps on battle tho especially on large area battles

I hope someone can share a docked config with stable 30fps but with a lil' bit of graphical enhancement
biggest cause of that is the blur they really should have just not added blur effects at all

Reactions: Nikoru

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

orangpelupa

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
sacrificed? blur is horrible and I would have removed it regardless. can't stand any kind of blue regardless if its AA, TMAA, or motion blur. higher clock speeds? try LOWER clock speeds due to the graphic intense blur being killed

again, people are different. you cant stand the blur, other people may like the blur, other may be indifferent.

what i meant by "sacrificed" was only purely in technical terms (e.g. things that were "on" was changed to "off"). as for lower clock speeds, i think you need to edit your post to make it clearer. as currently your post made it as if it needs an OC instead of allowing an UC.

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
again, people are different. you cant stand the blur, other people may like the blur, other may be indifferent.

what i meant by "sacrificed" was only purely in technical terms (e.g. things that were "on" was changed to "off"). as for lower clock speeds, i think you need to edit your post to make it clearer. as currently your post made it as if it needs an OC instead of allowing an UC.
considering the original vanilla game couldn't achieve 30FPS at max clock no I'm pretty sure my post is correct

orangpelupa

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
considering the original vanilla game couldn't achieve 30FPS at max clock no I'm pretty sure my post is correct

the original config sacrificed framerate/resolution depending on the content/scene/places/what the developer intended.

and for some people, those decision did not fit their taste, thus custom configs to fit their taste.

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the original config sacrificed framerate/resolution depending on the content/scene/places/what the developer intended.
uh what...they used a dynamic resolution which at max clock is not an issue and just comes down to the blur killing performance. regardless I never said anything about underclocking I said lower clocks which is true when max clock can't handle 30FPS when blur is on

Last edited by deathblade200,

DunArd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Okay... I said that v1.2 was going to be the last update and I wasn't going to give more support, but after advancing in the game and reaching more demanding areas and receiving advice from friends I have continued to adjust the preset and finally I have found the perfect point for quality and performance in portable at least. The game now runsmostly without stuttering and maintains 30FPS at best with 460MHz, including the most demanding cutscenes, which are displayed in the best quality you can afford on Nintendo Switch. I'll update the original post and link here.

Here it is, v1.3: https://gbatemp.net/threads/xenoblade-chronicles-3-graphics-settings.616287/post-9897004

I've uploaded some videos to show the performance with the latest patch, ignore video rendering, Switch makes it very poor.

Colony 4

Map and large area

Battle - v1.3 Switch

Enjoy :grog:

Last edited by DunArd,

xziino

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Anyone who can tell me (PM is fine) how to get ur hands on the DLC version for yuzu? I am running v1.1.0 currently with mods installed and it works fine. I just wonder how to fetch the DLC items

orangpelupa

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Okay... I said that v1.2 was going to be the last update and I wasn't going to give more support, but after advancing in the game and reaching more demanding areas and receiving advice from friends I have continued to adjust the preset and finally I have found the perfect point for quality and performance in portable at least. The game now runsmostly without stuttering and maintains 30FPS at best with 460MHz, including the most demanding cutscenes, which are displayed in the best quality you can afford on Nintendo Switch. I'll update the original post and link here.

yeah, later on, the game got more and more demanding level design.

just make sure to test on various environments. as each area could have different types of demands (e.g. some places have more transparencies than other places).

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, later on, the game got more and more demanding level design.

just make sure to test on various environments. as each area could have different types of demands (e.g. some places have more transparencies than other places).
eh just look at one of the giant Flame clocks/Ferronis while in combat. they for some reason are oddly demanding so if it slows down there it will slow down later on for sure

enzonahuy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
eh just look at one of the giant Flame clocks/Ferronis while in combat. they for some reason are oddly demanding so if it slows down there it will slow down later on for sure
Hey mate. I've been using your config for a bit now and while the game looks great, I noticed some frame drops everytime when i turn the camera e.g in colonies. Does that apply to you aswell and would you mind sharing your clocks? Sorry if that's been answered already but i kinda got lost in all those threads and comments.

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey mate. I've been using your config for a bit now and while the game looks great, I noticed some frame drops everytime when i turn the camera e.g in colonies. Does that apply to you aswell and would you mind sharing your clocks? Sorry if that's been answered already but i kinda got lost in all those threads and comments.
well I mostly play in docked mode and use 1020/768/1862 which provides 30FPS most of the time with very few demanding battles requiring higher clocks. handhelds a different story I personally try not to go above 1020/460/1862 as to not cause any potential damage to the battery so I see it drop down to around 27FPS at most (its far worse with blur on). I don't really think there is anyway around handheld frame drops other than lowering the resolution or overclocking to levels that would be bad for the battery (assuming you're not plugged in)

Reactions: enzonahuy

Gausak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

Here it is, v1.3: https://gbatemp.net/threads/xenoblade-chronicles-3-graphics-settings.616287/post-9897004

I've uploaded some videos to show the performance with the latest patch, ignore video rendering, Switch makes it very poor.

Colony 4

Map and large area

Battle - v1.3 Switch

Enjoy :grog:
AMAZING! This config is "carne de perro" As we say in Spain ^_^

Reactions: cobjak and DunArd

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr