Gaming Emulation Misc Xenoblade Chronicles 3 - Emulator/Etc Discussion

lippe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
10h+ of beautiful Xenoblade 3 on ryu vulkan! Only 2 crashes at the same time during a cutscene. Eunie is too hot for ryu xD

ryujinx_capture_2022-08-01_02-48-21.png

Could you provide your Vulkan setting, please? I'm still getting crashes randomly on Ryujinx Vulkan, but stable 30fps on Yuzu Vulkan
same settings posted by Sunbro

Ryouka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Anyone have a 60fps cheat that works with Ryujinx, the L+B and L+A part of the cheat doesn't work.
It's still working for me. Though it is not optimized so could barely hit 40fps. Yuzu EA on the other hand on Vulkan runs constant 60fps

Edit: did you turn on the option for the cheat to be activated?

tet666

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Performance in vulkan in Ryujinx is still much worse then opengl which is already worse then yuzu in both opengl and vulkan.

Citrus333

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's still working for me. Though it is not optimized so could barely hit 40fps. Yuzu EA on the other hand on Vulkan runs constant 60fps

Edit: did you turn on the option for the cheat to be activated?
Yeah, technically it works but ignores the L button, so everytime I hit Arts or Jump it changes the fps lol. I did notice that Ryu doesn't run about 40-45 but OpenGL Yuzu runs pretty constant 60 too.

cleanhovbot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Performance in vulkan in Ryujinx is still much worse then opengl which is already worse then yuzu in both opengl and vulkan.
Not for me. Solid 30 all the time. Did you update to the newest public version? Like just regular Ryujinx no special version. That current build runs way better than the experimental ones people shared here.
10h+ of beautiful Xenoblade 3 on ryu vulkan! Only 2 crashes at the same time during a cutscene. Eunie is too hot for ryu xD

View attachment 320681

same settings posted by Sunbro
Is that her flashback in chapter 3? That one caused crashes for me in the custom Yuzu build in OpenGl too. I didn't test it in the current Ryujinx build yet. Just the big end of chapter 2 and 3 battle cutscenes that gave me trouble before (and those ran fine). I'll check the Eunie flashback one here in a bit.

tet666

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Not for me. Solid 30 all the time. Did you update to the newest public version? Like just regular Ryujinx no special version. That current build runs way better than the experimental ones people shared here.

Is that her flashback in chapter 3? That one caused crashes for me in the custom Yuzu build in OpenGl too. I didn't test it in the current Ryujinx build yet. Just the big end of chapter 2 and 3 battle cutscenes that gave me trouble before (and those ran fine). I'll check the Eunie flashback one here in a bit.

Of course and performance is much worse, if you don't notice drops in the huge areas mid to late game your machine is just strong enough to power trough which is not that hard on 30 fps, yuzu vulkan has almost twice as much fps in in the same areas.

Last edited by tet666,
Reactions: Ethek

cleanhovbot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course and performance is much worse, if you don't notice drops in the huge areas mid to late game your machine is just strong enough to power trough which not that hard on 30 fps, yuzu vulkan has almost twice as much fps in in the same areas.
I'll switch the Yuzu when they fix the piss water, get the particle effects back and make it so cutscenes don't crash in docked mode. Until then, I'm fine with 30 fps.

I checked that Eunie scene though. It does indeed break. There was literally just an update and it still does.

Sunbrotherz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Citrus333

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In case you guys wanna try:
https://github.com/Ryujinx/Ryujinx-Games-List/issues/3960#issuecomment-1201061119

Would be helpful to see if other people can achieve the same results.
Interesting, seems Ryu has problems in certain areas, I remember doing the same thing at the beginning of the game. I would crash as soon as I started moving, I could look around to get as many shaders compiled and then it wouldn't crash. Rest of Chapter 1 was no crashes, then Chapter 2 started crashing again with the influx of a lot of new shaders.

Sndrea9332

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So, yesterday i have tryed yuzu vulkan with a lot of different options, no luck, crash after crash, i was also seeing my pagefile spike over 95% btw.

Today i updated the game to 1.1.0......well now it works like a charm;

Docked
Resmod x3
FSR
No AA
Fast Gpu Time
Asynch shader building
GPU Normal
Extended memory Layout

Pagefile now stable between 78% - 85%

Now it's just almost perfect, sure particle effect still missing, but docked with FSR and resmod looks fkin GORGEOUS.
Watched only a few cutscene in game for now and no crash or stutter.
Watched some cutscene in theater and also no Crash.

And finally even the pre rendered cutscene looks good now, jeez.

I'll test for more hours to be sure it stays playable like this, fingers crossed.

cleanhovbot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, yesterday i have tryed yuzu vulkan with a lot of different options, no luck, crash after crash, i was also seeing my pagefile spike over 95% btw.

Docked
Resmod x3
FSR
No AA
Fast Gpu Time
Asynch shader building
GPU Normal
Extended memory Layout

Now it's just almost perfect, sure particle effect still missing, but docked with FSR and resmod looks fkin GORGEOUS.

I'll test for more hours to be sure it stays playable like this, fingers crossed.
What about the water effects? Are they still yellow?

Sunbrotherz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Docked
Resmod x3
FSR
No AA
Fast Gpu Time
Asynch shader building
GPU Normal
Extended memory Layout

can you post your exact config? I can't play Yuzu Vulkan docked without it crashing after a couple minutes.

tet666

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

Docked
Resmod x3
FSR
No AA
Fast Gpu Time
Asynch shader building
GPU Normal
Extended memory Layout

It still crashes in cutscenes there was no fix for it, i even just checked and crashed in the same cutscenes i always crash in.

Citrus333

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My own personal experience with testing both:

• Yuzu 2882 EA Vulkan: Crash on cutscenes, locked at 45 FPS + FSR, best looking and performing, missing particles, few minor graphical errors too
  • Yuzu 2882 EA OpenGL: Perfect performance, missing particles, locked at 45 fps
  • Ryujinx 1.1.2 Vulkan: Minor stutters, 30 fps, 50% particles work
  • Ryujinx 1.1 .2 OpenGL: Few big stutters, probably on shader building, 30 fps, 50% particles work, menu crash

Yuzu OpenGL is the best if you want smooth performance and don't mind the missing effects.
Ryu Vulkan is the best if you want those missing particles and don't mind some small stutters here and there.

Of course this will be very dependent on your PC setup.

Reactions: Ryouka

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ryujinx has a glitch where frequently during gameplay, party members' bodies disappear and only their head is visible. Seems to happen at random and can affect any number of them. Transitions and/or cutscenes seem to help "reset" them back to normal, but they'll eventually vanish again after a little bit.

Vulkan massively reduced the shader stutter, though it does still occur and is still a lot more severe than Yuzu. In addition, Yuzu's general performance far exceeds Ryujinx, especially when using Normal graphical accuracy. I'm running a 10700k (stock, i get a 4.7ghz turbo on all cores) and gtx 1060 6GB. With the 60fps hack, I can generally get around 50-60fps in the world map. Drops to the mid 40s in Colonies, rarely high 30s. Ryujinx has a struggle even maintaining in the 30s a lot of the time, and can drop to the low 20s and even below in Colonies.

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Serious Question here - does anyone that has played this game through an emulator think this is worth buying and playing on the Switch? I bought and thoroughly enjoyed SMT5 for the Switch; the day I put it down, I visited my nephew and he had it running at 60FPS in 2k on his PC. The battles and navigation - the game in general - just ran much better than it did on the Switch.

I've no issues with buying the game (and I certainly will, as soon as my OLED comes in), but in terms of actually playing it; is it worth playing via emulation, or should I play it on my Switch?

zaku

Trophies
XP
Country
Uganda
Serious Question here - does anyone that has played this game through an emulator think this is worth buying and playing on the Switch? I bought and thoroughly enjoyed SMT5 for the Switch; the day I put it down, I visited my nephew and he had it running at 60FPS in 2k on his PC. The battles and navigation - the game in general - just ran much better than it did on the Switch.

I've no issues with buying the game (and I certainly will, as soon as my OLED comes in), but in terms of actually playing it; is it worth playing via emulation, or should I play it on my Switch?
I think xenoblade 1 2 3 are greatly wasted on the switch bc the resolution and framerate are bad. They made this beautiful world for you to explore and all you can see is a blurry mess. With xeno3 the game can't even hold 720p 30fps with extreme OC. Unless you are itching to play it right now I suggest you wait a few weeks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Ken your no bicycle! lol