Gaming Emulation Misc Xenoblade Chronicles 3 - Emulator/Etc Discussion

lippe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I built the latest version of Ryujinx Vulkan and the game works fine for me. Steady 30fps, no memory leak and only crashed once in 3 hours. Seems to be much better than last week.
Nice idea!

I'm doing all side quests on chapter 3 using latest Ryujinx Vulkan, 4h+ of gameplay already with this build. It's very easy to build.

I want to use Ryujinx because it has better visual fidelity right now. Yuzu has missing particles. Yuzu Vulkan also has other problems, like waterfall with shiny golden water during a hero quest.

One tip for screenshots:

I mapped LS button to emulator screenshot button to take screenshots. If someone are interested, AntiMicroX is opensource.

AntiMicroX: https://github.com/AntiMicroX/antimicrox

Ryujinx vulkan branch
https://github.com/gdkchan/Ryujinx/tree/vulkan-rel

NewResolve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Latest yuzu vulkan early access. Played for 2 and a half hours with my custom res mod and reshade with no crashes. Memory gets high but never above 80%.

Dr_Andrew

Trophies
XP
Country
France
What is the resolution mod people are using? I can't seem to find one that makes the game look sharp enough. Even with 4x resmod the game still looks blurry. Much better, but not really 4k. Is there any mod or config that really makes the game look sharp?

lippe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

lippe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Menu crashes i had in ryujinx (both standard and vulkan builds) in a particular area were solved by disabling vsync in the menu itself (not the toggle on the window) and forcing it on in my driver control panel instead
it also performs much better for me if i remove the emulators affinity with the first 2 threads on my cpu (8 core 16 thread)
can you please explain how to do the threads affinity setting?

lippe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
looks like Yuzu and Ryujinx have a sound effects problem in cutscenes. Sound of characters walking, explosions, etc., missing.

Task Manager, Details, find the Ryujinx exe in the list (it must be running to show)
right click it, and select affinity, uncheck the threads you do not want active
thank you

Citrus333

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice idea!

I'm doing all side quests on chapter 3 using latest Ryujinx Vulkan, 4h+ of gameplay already with this build. It's very easy to build.

I want to use Ryujinx because it has better visual fidelity right now. Yuzu has missing particles. Yuzu Vulkan also has other problems, like waterfall with shiny golden water during a hero quest.

One tip for screenshots:

I mapped LS button to emulator screenshot button to take screenshots. If someone are interested, AntiMicroX is opensource.

AntiMicroX: https://github.com/AntiMicroX/antimicrox

Ryujinx vulkan branch
https://github.com/gdkchan/Ryujinx/tree/vulkan-rel
Where's the download for the build on that Ryujinx github? I've been using https://github.com/Ryujinx/Ryujinx/pull/2518 which they just pushed an update to an hour ago.

lippe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Last edited by lippe,

jumpy_jumper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is anyone else having an issue with Yuzu Vulkan where cutscenes don't advance when finished and have to be skipped? (Not a crash!) (Unskippable cutscenes are just a softlock)

Citrus333

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ryujinx vulkan new build 2c08825 2h ago:

ryujinx-Release-1.1.0+2c08825-win_x64
https://github.com/Ryujinx/Ryujinx/pull/2518

I cloned the source and build.
Build 2c0882 should be the same performance or better.
Still crashing constantly with Ryujinx Vulkan in beginning of chapter 2, nearly every time I collect an ether channel. Played almost all of chapter 1 with it and no crashes, could just be that area?

Sunbrotherz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I seem to be crashing frequently in Chapter 3 no matter what I use. It's completely random too. Custom build of Yuzu, Yuzu Vulkan, Ryu Vulkan. I'm really not sure if it's just this chapter or if there is something wrong with my setup. I'm using the quality mod.

cleanhovbot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still crashing constantly with Ryujinx Vulkan in beginning of chapter 2, nearly every time I collect an ether channel. Played almost all of chapter 1 with it and no crashes, could just be that area?
Chapter 1 is in the smallest, least graphically intensive area in the game. Millet Meadows is the largest area in that map and it's tiny compared to the areas in other regions. The second areas has two massive deserts, like three cave systems, and a huge plateau triple the size of millet meadows with two distinct regions in it. Also three colonies.

Citrus333

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chapter 1 is in the smallest, least graphically intensive area in the game. Millet Meadows is the largest area in that map and it's tiny compared to the areas in other regions. The second areas has two massive deserts, like three cave systems, and a huge plateau triple the size of millet meadows with two distinct regions in it. Also three colonies.
Sure, I'm not sure the size matters though. The error codes I get are the same no matter where or what seemingly caused the crash. Meadows or Desert in Chapter 2 or opening the menu or collecting ether it's the same error code, I can play all of Chapter 2 in Yuzu OpenGL and Vulkan at 60 fps without crashing.

ShiYu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I seem to be crashing frequently in Chapter 3 no matter what I use. It's completely random too. Custom build of Yuzu, Yuzu Vulkan, Ryu Vulkan. I'm really not sure if it's just this chapter or if there is something wrong with my setup. I'm using the quality mod.

Be sure to use OpenGL and Not Vulkan with the custom build of Yuzu Emulator. I'm in chapter 3 and I have no problem with the custom build and quality mod active. However don't forget to play with GPU on normal, CPU on auto and with 1x intern Upscale.

lippe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
from ryu discord:

Vulkan has finally been added to the main Ryujinx build!

🌋
Comes complete with OpenGL parity and:
✅
Resolution scaling.
✅
Faster, multithreaded shader compilation.
✅
Disk shader cache.
✅
Texture recompression for low VRAM GPUs. Read the changelog or our blog post for more information:

https://blog.ryujinx.org/vulkan/

redflamingolingo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
from ryu discord:

Vulkan has finally been added to the main Ryujinx build!

🌋
Comes complete with OpenGL parity and:
✅
Resolution scaling.
✅
Faster, multithreaded shader compilation.
✅
Disk shader cache.
✅
Texture recompression for low VRAM GPUs. Read the changelog or our blog post for more information:

https://blog.ryujinx.org/vulkan/

Same performance as before. Stutters, especially in colonies, random freezes for 5+ seconds.

Going back to the Switch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: I thought it was duck season, not... king kong season....