Gaming Emulation Misc Xenoblade Chronicles 3 - Emulator/Etc Discussion

Armos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting - no side effects vs HIGH ?
If using someone else's complete shader set, it should be fine to do so. For example, the clouds are missing at the title screen with no shaders on normal, but with shaders already they will show, provided they were compiled on high by someone else.

w1ll0w

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
If using someone else's complete shader set, it should be fine to do so. For example, the clouds are missing at the title screen with no shaders on normal, but with shaders already they will show, provided they were compiled on high by someone else.

Thanks for clarifying.

So if the shader set is missing shaders, they'll be missing in-game as well, yes?

Armos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for clarifying.

So if the shader set is missing shaders, they'll be missing in-game as well, yes?
Most likely. That's often the reason graphical artifacts can be found, as a truly complete set of shaders would take a very long time to accumulate. This would mean exploring every inch of every area in the game world. Using every skill with every class. Essentially, doing everything that can be done to compile a shader in the game. Even then, and I'm assuming this is an emulation bug, there will still be shader compilation hiccups in the game when it comes to using OpenGL. The latter I mentioned here is from my own experience, where it'll lag a bit when doing a 360 with the camera at least once per new session, and even again when changing region in-game. So to say, it can't really be prevented by using a complete shader set.

All that said, it's still better than nothing... It takes a ton of initial page file to load around 16k+ shaders from the get-go, which goes for about 36 ~ 38 gigs of virtual memory (page file). Fortunately, it doesn't take much more beyond that, providing a smoother experience from then on. Vulkan as we know can be much smoother, almost no hiccups on Yuzu. Just waiting on that for now. (the above examples are based on the fixed custom yuzu build noted in the first post of the topic)

With a bit of googling, you can get a pretty big opengl shader set from someone and be pretty well-off for a while in the game on GPU - Normal. Can't promise that there won't be any glitches, but it's better than the lower performance from running GPU - High all the time.

andmoc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Played for about 5 hours straight with 2877 with Mods: not a single crash. Just did 2 Heroes quest and not even framedrops (one quest have to fight against 6 soldiers + 7 on my team).

About the cutscenes from bosses, just skip and watch on theater.

Unfortunatelly i’m on vacations and return to game only after 7 days from now…

Sunbrotherz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wanted to give an update. Have been playing the new mainline Ryujinx vulkan build for about 4 hours now, bunch of long battles, cutscenes, ect and seems to work perfect. Solid 30fps no crashes. This is on Nvidia with the quality mod for those wondering. I'd rather not deal with the random crashes of Yuzu and I prefer not having the missing particle effect (lets me see the corpses in fields) I think I'm just gonna stick with this for the rest of the game and not worry about it.

AndrewLB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's because the 4x mod is useless. The game doesn't accept values that high and doesn't do anything with it. The same goes for this "MIchael Chen"s 3x res mod by the way. The game doesn't accept anything higher than 2.5.
Really? here is a screenshot zoomed in of the menu screen. Seems to improve a lot with higher resolution scaling set in Yuzu OpenGL.

I'm getting frame rates over 30fps at 2x scaling on a 10700k + GTX1080. My only complaint is it doesn't render the "Motes". It did render them using Ryujinx but it's a buggy mess last i tried. Same for Vulkan on Yuzu.
XC3ResScaling.png

Sunbrotherz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really? here is a screenshot zoomed in of the menu screen. Seems to improve a lot with higher resolution scaling set in Yuzu OpenGL.

I'm getting frame rates over 30fps at 2x scaling on a 10700k + GTX1080. My only complaint is it doesn't render the "Motes". It did render them using Ryujinx but it's a buggy mess last i tried. Same for Vulkan on Yuzu.
View attachment 320649
resolution scaling is broken in both emulators. If you are running anything besides 1x native you will be getting graphical bugs.

lippe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Xenoblade 3 : 6h+ on vulkan ryu in the past 2 days. I'm doing all side-quest of chapter 3. Build from source code.

Armos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yuzu 2882 is out, but haven't tested it yet.

edit-
Tested it the same way as before (a cutscene in ch. 3), still a crash. Chances are this issue needs a few weeks in the oven.

Last edited by Armos,

zaku

Trophies
XP
Country
Uganda
Pretty good result on ryujinx 200 so far. No crashes, very few fps drops. Only 2 hard stutter that lasted for 5 seconds.

redflamingolingo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a mod to make things less shimmery when using handheld mode on Vulkan? I'm boosting to 4x resolution, and things look really great, especially cutscenes, but the shimmering on grass is intense. Surely there is a setting to turn this off somehow?

Rathys

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wanted to give an update. Have been playing the new mainline Ryujinx vulkan build for about 4 hours now, bunch of long battles, cutscenes, ect and seems to work perfect. Solid 30fps no crashes. This is on Nvidia with the quality mod for those wondering. I'd rather not deal with the random crashes of Yuzu and I prefer not having the missing particle effect (lets me see the corpses in fields) I think I'm just gonna stick with this for the rest of the game and not worry about it.
Interesting, because the custom Yuzu runs flawlessly (minus particles, obviously) and the new vulcan Ryujinx build crashes every 5-10 minutes for me, especially in the menus. I would prefer to not have all the missing particle effects, but I prefer stability over that. Interesting how people can have totally different results with emulators.

Ryouka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Xenoblade 3 : 6h+ on vulkan ryu in the past 2 days. I'm doing all side-quest of chapter 3. Build from source code.
Could you provide your Vulkan setting, please? I'm still getting crashes randomly on Ryujinx Vulkan, but stable 30fps on Yuzu Vulkan

Rathys

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is what I am using. With the quality mod. You may want to delete your shaders and rebuild them.

Deleting the shaders may have solved my problem. Was crashing every 5-10 mins before, mostly entering menus and such. After deleting the shaders, it has been running about an hour now with no problems. Mostly exploring and battling, some in-game cutscenes. Will have to wait for some of the pre-rendered cutscenes or watch a few in the theater to say for sure if it looks good without crashing.

Edit: Ehhh, spoke too soon. Crashed 5 mins after posting this lol.

Last edited by Rathys,

cleanhovbot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Decided to try out the latest Ryujinx public build with Vulkan and am getting pretty good results. Runs with res mods at a stable 30. Anything above 1x causes graphical glitches, though, even though the framerate seemed stable all the way through 3x. Some of the effects missing from Yuzu show up in Ryujinx, though inconsistently. The red death motes are always present but sometimes the blue ones when sending don't appear. Sometimes they do though. I get occasional visual glitches. I'd say the most common is one of the party members appearing as just a head, which is pretty amusing. Cycling through party members to them fixes that. Seems to happen after rare hitches. I still get crashes on occasion, sometimes completely randomly, though they're rare. Unlike some I didn't find the custom Yuzu build completely perfect and got some crashes there and it had frequent hitching trouble with more intense cutscenes sometimes leading to crashes. I haven't tested any major cutscenes with the current Ryujinx vulkan build yet. I'll try that the next time I start up.

redflamingolingo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Best success I am having is using 4x res mod, updated patch, and Vulkan Yuzu build with latest EA update in HANDHELD mode scaled to 3x in the emulator.

This looks really good to me. Cutscenes work. No stutters. And I just played for over 2 hours without any crashing.

The ripple of water while swimming or walking through it is yellow, and so are waterfalls, but other than this, it is perfect, and I'll play this way until docked Vulkan is fixed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong