Gaming Emulation Misc Xenoblade Chronicles 3 - Emulator/Etc Discussion

Citrus333

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Serious Question here - does anyone that has played this game through an emulator think this is worth buying and playing on the Switch? I bought and thoroughly enjoyed SMT5 for the Switch; the day I put it down, I visited my nephew and he had it running at 60FPS in 2k on his PC. The battles and navigation - the game in general - just ran much better than it did on the Switch.

I've no issues with buying the game (and I certainly will, as soon as my OLED comes in), but in terms of actually playing it; is it worth playing via emulation, or should I play it on my Switch?
From what I've seen, it looks and runs a lot better than XBC2, but that's not saying much. Cutscenes look good, gameplay is very blurry, fps drops down to 20. Worth a look at the digital foundry video breakdown if you're considering a buy.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I've seen, it looks and runs a lot better than XBC2, but that's not saying much. Cutscenes look good, gameplay is very blurry, fps drops down to 20. Worth a look at the digital foundry video breakdown if you're considering a buy.
Actually XBC2 runs much better in 2k it even has a 60fps mod file that works even for Torna dlc not a cheat code btw speeds up gameplay abit. And Im saying this when I played it using the regular ryu build I can only imagine how the Vulkan support will offer. But thats only b/c the game has been around for years to mess with. We may need to wait atleast a month for actual stability in XBC3 prior to emulation crashes alone.

Last edited by MasterJ360,

Wanu92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Water particles work now, still some cutscenes crashing. When ouroboros is activated for example. But a great improvement. If someone has slow cinematics just disable 60 fps and play it on 30.
When ouroboros is activated for exam..(By this I mean the cutescene at the start of the game)

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think xenoblade 1 2 3 are greatly wasted on the switch bc the resolution and framerate are bad. They made this beautiful world for you to explore and all you can see is a blurry mess. With xeno3 the game can't even hold 720p 30fps with extreme OC. Unless you are itching to play it right now I suggest you wait a few weeks.

Yeah, I think I might wait. I'm still going to buy the game - but I guess I might hold off for a little bit on actually playing. I'll keep an eye out in this thread and in the discord server to see how the emulators fair across the next few weeks.

Thanks to all for the input.

Reactions: MasterJ360

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it worked on a second try. Please try again, remember to disable 60 fps.
I'm gonna wait it out for better emulation progress b/c right now its like playing Russian Roulette especially if you beat a boss and the game just randomly crashes on you b4 you can even save. I'll just play it on the Switch in the meantime, honestly I want a quality mod for it so it doesn't look washed out. Just not a fan of overclocking for speed boost which sounds dumb imo since the Switch isnt built for that sort of thing.

RodrigoBR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Does anyone else have this problem with the water turning golden? how to fix?

yuzu_2022_08_01_21_03_24_225.jpg

Wanu92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I'm gonna wait it out for better emulation progress b/c right now its like playing Russian Roulette especially if you beat a boss and the game just randomly crashes on you b4 you can even save. I'll just play it on the Switch in the meantime, honestly I want a quality mod for it so it doesn't look washed out. Just not a fan of overclocking for speed boost which sounds dumb imo since the Switch isnt built for that sort of thing.
1659399587207.png

Im using the 3X resmod 30 fps stable I would get 45-60(not worth it given terrible cutscene performance). Playing in 2X. AA do not affect performance. Stable so far... looks good for only 1 week progress.
My specs laptop i7 11800 32g ram 3080 135W

OldManKain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why doesn't emu scaling work -properly- with this again? (or does it?)

I mean why are we using mods? Is it an engine thing, or something that will potentially get fixed down the road?
Not sure if this was answered yet. But I don't feel like reading through 10 pages of speculations. My apologizes.

Emu scaling doesn't work right now because XC3's engine uses a new Temporal 2x Upscaler. The game renders natively at 360p handheld, 540p docked. With the new scaler it outputs at 720p/1080p

Anyone using a lib_nx engine mod that has working emulator scaling is using ColReduction false.

ColReduction false disables 100's of shaders effects (Causes visual bugs) and breaks the Temporal Scaler. It is also the reason why in game cutscenes look lower res than in game play at times. Has nothing to do with the 238 pre rendered vp9 .webm cutscenes.

Any resolution value over 2.5 will automatically default to 2.5

Turning blur2, blur2hlv, or furblur off will also break in game cutscenes. (Visual bugs)

I am still testing and trying to get values labeled for the lib_nx Engine mod.

There are mods being tested that will remove the scaler properly, one for 1440p native resolution among other things that should be ready in a week.

Last edited by OldManKain,

lippe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
EA-2883 is the first build with working cutscenes in event theater! Very nice.

The lightning bug is still present. It's easy to test. You only need to teleport to Colony 9:

Screenshot 2022-08-01 220211.png

The missing particles bug is still present. You can test in event theater.

OldManKain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 320779
Im using the 3X resmod 30 fps stable I would get 45-60(not worth it given terrible cutscene performance). Playing in 2X. AA do not affect performance. Stable so far... looks good for only 1 week progress.
My specs laptop i7 11800 32g ram 3080 135W
That looks like a CoReduction false mod, you can tell by there are no particle effects causing light reflections, and refractions off of the characters. It's only on the lens.

Last edited by OldManKain,

Citrus333

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually XBC2 runs much better in 2k it even has a 60fps mod file that works even for Torna dlc not a cheat code btw speeds up gameplay abit. And Im saying this when I played it using the regular ryu build I can only imagine how the Vulkan support will offer. But thats only b/c the game has been around for years to mess with. We may need to wait atleast a month for actual stability in XBC3 prior to emulation crashes alone.
We were talking about the games on the Switch themselves and how they run.

redflamingolingo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone else have this problem with the water turning golden? how to fix?

View attachment 320778

Yuzu developer in Discord an hour or two ago said it is likely due to mirror mapping and is going to be a very hard, if not impossible, fix.

I went back to OpenGL in the meantime since only Vulkan has the issue.

Last edited by redflamingolingo,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i downloaded final fantasy vii into my tv stick
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean, the game was already there but its the japanese version
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i only downloaded disc 1 so far bc of storage stuff
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, yeah the patty on McDs burger is 1/10th of a pound now and I think that's the pre cooked weight lol
    I use the app for the 20% off coupon and it's still over priced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why is mcdonalds overpriced if their food is bad?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean why is mcdonalds food overpriced
    Inflation and greed
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's just fries, make 'em at home
    +2
    I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I was adding some stuff to my gdevelop project and I couldnt save it cuz there was a power outage and thus no internet
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ have you played super smash flash 2?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Not really.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, ok sorry
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh, no need to apologize. Thanks for asking.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    You ever played Super Mario Crossover Flash?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its one of the best Mario games in Flash, where you can choose from a number of different Nintendo characters to play as.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i already told you i did play it
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Oh, I honestly don't remember, it was a long while ago I imagine.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, it was like a couple months ago
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Man, the new art of Callie from Splatoon's Twitter account looks so amazing and cute
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, any other nostalgic flash games you played?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sweet new south parks out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol 5GB for one episode
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol 5GB for one episode