Gaming Emulation Misc Xenoblade Chronicles 3 - Emulator/Etc Discussion

redflamingolingo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EA-2883 is the first build with working cutscenes in event theater! Very nice.

The lightning bug is still present. It's easy to test. You only need to teleport to Colony 9:

View attachment 320782

The missing particles bug is still present. You can test in event theater.

Wait, so cutscenes work in docked mode with no crashing at all now? Like...none at all!?!?!?!? 😀

Massaion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I've tried EA-2884 and the cutscene that used to crash in docked mode now doesn't crash anymore but I haven't tested further. The resolution scaling at x3 is working but that is nothing new with Vulkan.

hostdrum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Attachments

• 20220801_231945.jpg
    20220801_231945.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 32

Wanu92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
That looks like a CoReduction false mod, you can tell by there are no particle effects causing light reflections, and refractions off of the characters. It's only on the lens.
I have disable the resmod and back to x1, haven't seen any difference, in terms of reflections. If there is missing reflections maybe it is more related to Vulkan(?)

cleanhovbot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Particles are still missing, making it hard to find husks. Water still turns pee colored sometimes too. But it's good cutscenes are working. Until the other stuff is fixed I'll stick with Ryujinx, having Yuzu as a backup if Ryujinx starts having major issues.

realsetokaiba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Not sure if this was answered yet. But I don't feel like reading through 10 pages of speculations. My apologizes.

Emu scaling doesn't work right now because XC3's engine uses a new Temporal 2x Upscaler. The game renders natively at 360p handheld, 540p docked. With the new scaler it outputs at 720p/1080p

Anyone using a lib_nx engine mod that has working emulator scaling is using ColReduction false.

ColReduction false disables 100's of shader effects and breaks the Temporal Scaler. It is also the reason why in game cutscenes look lower res than in game play at times. Has nothing to do with the 238 pre rendered vp9 .webm cutscenes.

Any resolution value over 2.5 will automatically default to 2.5

Turning blur2, blur2hlv, or furblur off will also break in game cutscenes.

I am still testing and trying to get values labeled for the lib_nx Engine mod.

There are mods being tested that will remove the scaler properly, one for 1440p native resolution among other things that should be ready in a week
thanks alot for your super explanation, i hope when the mod are ready you can share it.

chfx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone else getting audio stutter in Yuzu? I'm running it with an i7 8700k and RTX2080ti, 16gb of ddr4. Ryujinx doesn't the audio stutter, but Yuzu both public and EA builds on both OpenGL and Vulkan get audio stutter. Even after shader compilation, it just seems like it gets random frame drops that also cause the audio to stutter. Is the CPU just not powerful enough?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    cearp @ cearp: It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space +1