Hacking xenoblade chronicle X us DVD version does it force u to update to 5.5.0?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if you don't have a firmware spoofer to 5.5.0, yes.

spoof = make the console think you already are in 5.5.0 while you are in fact on another version.
usually, users are on "5.3.2 spoof 5.5.0".

If you are on an older firmware than 5.3.2, I don't recommend spoofing the firmware as some updates added functions used by newer games. without those functions, some game will not work, and the game will not update your console to install that new function anymore because the console will think you are already up to date.

if you are on 5.3.2, you can spoof to 5.5.0 to prevent the game from updating the console.

ldeveraux

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you don't have a firmware spoofer to 5.5.0, yes.

spoof = make the console think you already are in 5.5.0 while you are in fact on another version.
usually, users are on "5.3.2 spoof 5.5.0".

If you are on an older firmware than 5.3.2, I don't recommend spoofing the firmware as some updates added functions used by newer games. without those functions, some game will not work, and the game will not update your console to install that new function anymore because the console will think you are already up to date.

if you are on 5.3.2, you can spoof to 5.5.0 to prevent the game from updating the console.
But when you start the game, it still tried to update right? I'm on 5.3.2 and spoofed to 5.5.0 but I still can't play xenoblade, or mario maker right?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
that's because you didn't install the game update (not the system update).
You need to install the game update manually by using NUSGrabber and WUPInstaller, or select "launch without updating".

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm launching v1.0.0 from disc, but that's because I never allowed the console to connect to tagaya server since the update is released, so it doesn't know there's a game update and don't ask me to update it. I don't even have the message "launch anyway?".
well, that's not helpful to the user, but just in case other users wonder why they can launch it without updating, it's because they are filtering the tagaya update server.

ldeveraux

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry all, but I can still use nusgrabber without the exploit? What does the regular, non-loadiine exploit do? I thought that wss to install nusgrabber updates? I didn't know I needed to tubehax before installing updates too...

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
tubehax is used to prevent the console from downloading the updates from nintendo server.
You always need tubehax if you don't want to update. not only for installing updates, but also for playing games online, or accessing eshop, etc.

NUS grabber is a PC program, you don't need an exploit to use it.
but after you downloaded the update files, you will need the "normal" kernel exploit on the console to use WUP installer. (or launch wup installer twice, it will install the kernel patch on the first launch).

ldeveraux

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tubehax is used to prevent the console from downloading the updates from nintendo server.
You always need tubehax if you don't want to update. not only for installing updates, but also for playing games online, or accessing eshop, etc.

NUS grabber is a PC program, you don't need an exploit to use it.
but after you downloaded the update files, you will need the "normal" kernel exploit on the console to use WUP installer. (or launch wup installer twice, it will install the kernel patch on the first launch).
Didn't realize the exploit was required for to install the nusgrabber updates. Also required for tubehax? Haven't had luck installing the exploit yet sadly.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
tubehax is not an exploit, it's DNS servers.

When you type a URL, the console asks a DNS server what is the corresponding computer IP. then it connects to that IP.
hello DNS, what is nus.c.shop.nintendo.net ? --> this IP
connect to this IP.

tubehax is giving a fake IP and when the console tries to connect to it, it can't reach the nintendo's servers.
hello DNS, what is nus.c.shop.nintendo.net ? --> Your wiiu IP
connect to WiiU IP (where it will never find a web server here) and fails to update.

ldeveraux

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tubehax is not an exploit, it's DNS servers.

When you type a URL, the console asks a DNS server what is the corresponding computer IP. then it connects to that IP.
hello DNS, what is nus.c.shop.nintendo.net ? --> this IP
connect to this IP.

tubehax is giving a fake IP and when the console tries to connect to it, it can't reach the nintendo's servers.
hello DNS, what is nus.c.shop.nintendo.net ? --> Your wiiu IP
connect to WiiU IP (where it will never find a web server here) and fails to update.
So you need the exploit to tubehax?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay