xenoblade chronicle X us DVD version does it force u to update to 5.5.0?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by dogmadogma80, Dec 22, 2015.

1. dogmadogma80
    OP

dogmadogma80 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 4, 2015
    United States
    can anyone tell me please thanks

2. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    if you don't have a firmware spoofer to 5.5.0, yes.

spoof = make the console think you already are in 5.5.0 while you are in fact on another version.
    usually, users are on "5.3.2 spoof 5.5.0".

If you are on an older firmware than 5.3.2, I don't recommend spoofing the firmware as some updates added functions used by newer games. without those functions, some game will not work, and the game will not update your console to install that new function anymore because the console will think you are already up to date.

if you are on 5.3.2, you can spoof to 5.5.0 to prevent the game from updating the console.

3. ldeveraux

ldeveraux GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2007
    United States
    But when you start the game, it still tried to update right? I'm on 5.3.2 and spoofed to 5.5.0 but I still can't play xenoblade, or mario maker right?

4. Cyan

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    that's because you didn't install the game update (not the system update).
    You need to install the game update manually by using NUSGrabber and WUPInstaller, or select "launch without updating".

5. EclipseSin

EclipseSin FullMental Trollemist

Apr 1, 2015
    United States
    Vegeta's Hyrule
    And remember, you can only launch without updating by using tubehax, blocking the correct URL (proxy, router, etc), or disabling internet on Wii U (any form).

6. Cyan

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    I'm launching v1.0.0 from disc, but that's because I never allowed the console to connect to tagaya server since the update is released, so it doesn't know there's a game update and don't ask me to update it. I don't even have the message "launch anyway?".
    well, that's not helpful to the user, but just in case other users wonder why they can launch it without updating, it's because they are filtering the tagaya update server.

7. ldeveraux

Jan 4, 2007
    United States
    Sorry all, but I can still use nusgrabber without the exploit? What does the regular, non-loadiine exploit do? I thought that wss to install nusgrabber updates? I didn't know I needed to tubehax before installing updates too...

8. Cyan

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    tubehax is used to prevent the console from downloading the updates from nintendo server.
    You always need tubehax if you don't want to update. not only for installing updates, but also for playing games online, or accessing eshop, etc.

NUS grabber is a PC program, you don't need an exploit to use it.
    but after you downloaded the update files, you will need the "normal" kernel exploit on the console to use WUP installer. (or launch wup installer twice, it will install the kernel patch on the first launch).

9. ldeveraux

Jan 4, 2007
    United States
    Didn't realize the exploit was required for to install the nusgrabber updates. Also required for tubehax? Haven't had luck installing the exploit yet sadly.

10. Cyan

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    tubehax is not an exploit, it's DNS servers.

When you type a URL, the console asks a DNS server what is the corresponding computer IP. then it connects to that IP.
    hello DNS, what is nus.c.shop.nintendo.net ? --> this IP
    connect to this IP.

tubehax is giving a fake IP and when the console tries to connect to it, it can't reach the nintendo's servers.
    hello DNS, what is nus.c.shop.nintendo.net ? --> Your wiiu IP
    connect to WiiU IP (where it will never find a web server here) and fails to update.

11. ldeveraux

Jan 4, 2007
    United States
    So you need the exploit to tubehax?

12. Cyan

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    no, you need to enter the IP inside your network setting.

DNS 1 : 107.211.140.65
    DNS 2 : 0.0.0.0

it will block updates from the network.