how to force wii virtual console games to english on a japanese wii u?

imstoopid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
im trying to run a US xenoblade chronicles wii virtual console game on my JP wii u but it keeps booting in japanese, my vwii is modded but i havent done any region change because i havent found any way to change the region from JP to US, i dont mind the vwii being in japanese but id like to play the games in english.

my japanese wii u is on the aroma environment. ive searched around the internet and i cant find a way to force these games to run in english. i know i can just use usbloader to force boot the game to english but im talking about the virtual console version of the game since it supports gamepad control. any help would be appreciated.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
im trying to run a US xenoblade chronicles wii virtual console game on my JP wii u but it keeps booting in japanese, my vwii is modded but i havent done any region change because i havent found any way to change the region from JP to US, i dont mind the vwii being in japanese but id like to play the games in english.

my japanese wii u is on the aroma environment. ive searched around the internet and i cant find a way to force these games to run in english. i know i can just use usbloader to force boot the game to english but im talking about the virtual console version of the game since it supports gamepad control. any help would be appreciated.
you cant force them, nintendo actually just puts the original iso inside those virtual consoles, so the japanese iso is inside that vc file that means the original japanese iso has no english files to even force.

you can either download/inject a usa version of the game on your console.

VC titles are just iso/roms insde them, so if the original media has no language options the VC version wont either.

Reactions: Hayato213

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
you cant force them, nintendo actually just puts the original iso inside those virtual consoles, so the japanese iso is inside that vc file that means the original japanese iso has no english files to even force.

you can either download/inject a usa version of the game on your console.

VC titles are just iso/roms insde them, so if the original media has no language options the VC version wont either.
Read the very first line of what the op.said they are using a usa version of the game not a Japanese version.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You can try this to convert it from Japanese to English.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/convert-japanese-console-language-to-english-method.607164/

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Do NOT do that! As godreborn said it is for Wii U titles, not for VC. Also it is obsolete with Aroma. Lastly it has a high chance of bricking your Wii U.

Instead I think @pedro702 is right: The OP is accidentialy using the wrong iso. Instead of injecting the correct one for yourself you could btw also just exchange the iso in the already installed title (via FTP).

//EDIT: Or not... @pedro702 this is from the US version at your link:
Code:
Voice: En,Ja
Language select via BIOS system settings
So I'm out of ideas, sorry.

//EDIT²: Maybe a ROM hack exchanging english and japanese language files inside of the iso could work but a quick google search didn't find such a patch, so you're probably on your own here.

Last edited by V10lator,
Reactions: Hayato213

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Do NOT do that! As godreborn said it is for Wii U titles, not for VC. Also it is obsolete with Aroma. Lastly it has a high chance of bricking your Wii U.

Instead I think @pedro702 is right: The OP is accidentialy using the wrong iso. Instead of injecting the correct one for yourself you could btw also just exchange the iso in the already installed title (via FTP).

Code:

//EDIT²: Maybe a ROM hack exchanging english and japanese language files inside of the iso could work but a quick google search didn't find such a patch, so you're probably on your own here.
that just mean the character voices can be in en or jap,even pal has this feature, its on the game settings, all the rest menus , written stuffand such are not, they are only english/spanish/french

Reactions: V10lator

imstoopid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines

Code:

yeah i thought so too, ive done extensive research and i dont think the way i wanna do it is possible, so the only way really is to launch it on a loader and brute force it into english, im using an english iso btw so its baffling why its still in japanese whenever i play it. anyway thanks for the help i think ill stick to my US wii when playing wii games haha

Zeox-gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello watch to my vídeo in my channel i'm brazilians but, my wiiu ins japonese too, this solution 3 tutorial in 1:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.