Hacking XCXGecko: Xenoblade Chronicles X trainer GUI using pyGecko

TGLaw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Post back here as soon as you find a solution. Also, thanks. I mean it.
Well I suppose a bad answer is better than no answer. I tried looking for the missions and was unsuccessful at finding the mission slots :/.

I'd imagine this would be a big find if I did find it... because you could probably set a mission to Chapter 4 and re-unlock (spoiler character you lose in chapter 9/10). I might keep trying but it's not a priority.

and how can i add missing characters to the list?

Missing characters? You mean the person that you lose in chapter 10? There is currently no way of re-gaining their availability status, though you CAN swap a pre-chapter 10 chunk of data with another character and it would cause them to inherit everything (including class, skills, level, name, model, voice, etc) from that character. That's the only way but it is quite tedious.

how do i give myself ground gear?
i want every set of ultra infinite gear to wear as accessories.

This is doable in XCXGecko but you have to have some dummy gear to change. Any low-level piece of gear will be easy to get (or you can just use any piece of gear you have already) will be sufficient.

First you have to get a drop of the infinite gear. Here's a link to a guide as to where you'll find all the ultra infinite gear. If you want to duplicate it, you have to take the first part of data on the gear and copy it to something else. To do that, follow the steps of XCXGecko to target an armor piece (the infinite gear) and once you target it, copy the first 8 characters of hex data. Then, repeat the steps to target a random piece of armor you found from a low level enemy and with that, paste the data onto the new armor piece and go back to reload the armor and you should find it's now an ultra infinite armor piece.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Well I suppose a bad answer is better than no answer. I tried looking for the missions and was unsuccessful at finding the mission slots :/.

I'd imagine this would be a big find if I did find it... because you could probably set a mission to Chapter 4 and re-unlock (spoiler character you lose in chapter 9/10). I might keep trying but it's not a priority.

Missing characters? You mean the person that you lose in chapter 10? There is currently no way of re-gaining their availability status, though you CAN swap a pre-chapter 10 chunk of data with another character and it would cause them to inherit everything (including class, skills, level, name, model, voice, etc) from that character. That's the only way but it is quite tedious.

This is doable in XCXGecko but you have to have some dummy gear to change. Any low-level piece of gear will be easy to get (or you can just use any piece of gear you have already) will be sufficient.

First you have to get a drop of the infinite gear. Here's a link to a guide as to where you'll find all the ultra infinite gear. If you want to duplicate it, you have to take the first part of data on the gear and copy it to something else. To do that, follow the steps of XCXGecko to target an armor piece (the infinite gear) and once you target it, copy the first 8 characters of hex data. Then, repeat the steps to target a random piece of armor you found from a low level enemy and with that, paste the data onto the new armor piece and go back to reload the armor and you should find it's now an ultra infinite armor piece.

Though, now that I think about it, if you just wanted it for accessory wear then you should get it pretty quickly with the table i mentioned. Just get an Ares 90 and kill them really quick.

yashar13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hi guys, i can connect fine xcxgecko to my wii u, but when i try to change the amount of resources (miranium, funds, etc) nothing happens (only one time changed the value in a random way)
What am i mistaking?

TGLaw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi guys, i can connect fine xcxgecko to my wii u, but when i try to change the amount of resources (miranium, funds, etc) nothing happens (only one time changed the value in a random way)
What am i mistaking?
Are you clicking the pencil after typing out what you edit? What does the log say at the bottom?

catnaps

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to add specific augments to your inventory through this? Or maybe unlock them at the terminal?
I want to make a certain augment, but the very first material you need to unlock it only drops via an online mission, and I'm kinda paranoid about going online after using this.

Maybe this is kind of a silly question, but is there a chance I could get banned if I went online at all after using this?
I haven't done anything super extreme to my character, at least I don't think, but I have edited some of my equipment and changed my name.

yashar13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Are you clicking the pencil after typing out what you edit? What does the log say at the bottom?

Yes I click the pencil but nothing happens, BTW I didn't read the log, I'll report later

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

ShinRPGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Could anyone tell me the offsets for every playable character to alter a characters appearance? Not the ones posted by Lisandra_Brave back in page 25 but rather the offsets before that. I know Elma's is 1C392260 from page 7 for example but what about for everyone else like Celica or Irina? Apologies if the question doesn't make much sense, and thank you in advance.

Reactions: Trine

TGLaw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could anyone tell me the offsets for every playable character to alter a characters appearance? Not the ones posted by Lisandra_Brave back in page 25 but rather the offsets before that. I know Elma's is 1C392260 from page 7 for example but what about for everyone else like Celica or Irina? Apologies if the question doesn't make much sense, and thank you in advance.

Notice how Elma's name address is 1C39221C, and the address you posted is 1C392260. Using math you can find the address for every character by using their name address and adding an offset of 44 to find their appearance data.

Using that method, here's all of them besides cross.

Elma: 1C392260
Lin: 1C3927DC
Alexa: 1C393DCC
Boze: 1C391768
Celica: 1C392D58
Doug: 1C390C70
Frye: 1C3906F4
Gwin: 1C390178
H.B.: 1C38FBFC
Hope: 1C394348
Irina: 1C3932D4
L: 1C38F104
Lao: 1C38F680
Mia: 1C3948C4
Murderess: 1C393850
Nagi: 1C38EB88
Phog: 1C391CE4
Yelv: 1C3911EC

I tested none of this but if it doesn't work then let me know and ill try to find the actual values.

Jessica1987

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Great tool, thank you for making it! Will XCXGecko support more things in future updates? Maybe an easy way to change your BLADE medal count?

TGLaw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, Lisandra did a decent guide but I thought I'd write a more friendly guide to modifying characters' bodies. Hopefully you will be able to follow along. This is for @ShinRPGamer

Before you start, I expect you to have Gecko.net (Gecko dNet, or "TCPGecko") ready for use, and know the steps for running XCXGecko. I also recommend HxD hex editor mainly because it's free and it does it's job. I also expect you know how hexadecimal works; 00 is 0; 01 is 1; 0F is 15; FF is 255. It's like counting to 10, but instead of using a 2 digits to represent 10 we just use A, 11 for B, and so on up to F. You can google it.

First, you want to dump your character, so you need the address for your character and a calculator capable of doing math in hexadecimal. (On windows 10, use Calculator. Hit the top left and select programmer, then click "hex" to highlight it. It will be in hex mode.) Open Gecko.net and connect to your Wii U with the same IP you would use for XCXGecko (it's the same process as you would to launch XCXGecko, but running TCPGecko instead).

Now, open XCXGecko. Don't connect to your Wii U, and if you already followed the last step, you can't anyways; only one program can connect at a time lol. This doesn't require XCXGecko to be connected. Okay, now select the character you want to modify from the drop-down menu and hover over their name. I'll use Gwin for this:

EKqlZKO.png

Write it down in the calculator. Now, go to TCPGecko and go to the "Tools" tab. In the memory dumper, input the start with the address you just wrote down. In the calculator, use addition to add 57C. For Gwin, 1C390134 + 57C = 1C3906B0. Input the sum into the "End" box on Gecko.net and choose a filename (i put "Gwin.bin", humorously rhyming in my head), and then hitting Dump on Gecko.net. Open the file you dumped with HxD.

With the file open in HxD, You might want to go to the View toolbar and hit the byte group size, setting it to 4 to more closely resemble Gecko.net's memory viewer. Now, go to the edit toolbar and hit "Select Block" and for the window that pops up, put start as 44 and the end as 77. It should look something like this:

JtMix8X.png

All of that is the character's configuration for stuff like eyes, hairstyle, skin tone, etc. That's all you need to edit.

Now, onto my favorite way of formatting hex data for people to replace:

Format: ZZZZYYYY XXXXWWVV AABBCCCC DDDDEEEE ????FFFF GGGGHHHH UUUUTTTT SSSSRRRR QQQQ???? PPPPPPPP OOOOOOOO MMMMMMMM NNNNNNNN
Example, Gwin: 0005001C 00000000 00000000 00000001 00002D00 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 3F7851EC 3F800000 3F800000 3F800000

ZZZZ : face, two bytes
YYYY : hairstyle
XXXX : hair add on
WW : moles, one byte
VV : Freckles, one byte
AA : Cheeks, one byte
BB : scars, one byte
CCCC : Face paint, two (?) bytes
DDDD : Eye style, two bytes
EEEE : gender, two bytes. 01 is male, 02 is female
???? : two byte unknown, doesn't crash with garbage data
FFFF : voice, two bytes
GGGG : skin tone, two bytes
HHHH : lips, two bytes
UUUU : Eyeshadow, two bytes
TTTT : Eye color 1, two bytes
SSSS : Eye color 2, two bytes
RRRR : Hair color 1, two bytes
QQQQ : hair color 2, two bytes
???? : two byte unknown, doesn't crash with garbage data
PPPPPPPP : height, four bytes (floating point number, just use XCXGecko to modify it lol)
OOOOOOOO : breast depth, four bytes (floating point number, just use XCXGecko)
MMMMMMMM : breast height, four bytes (floating point number, just use XCXGecko)
NNNNNNNN : breast width, four bytes (floating point number, just use XCXGecko)

Replace each variable with whatever you want to change! It just takes some experimentation to see what works, and sometimes it can get glitchy (i.e. female head on male body). To send changes to the Wii U, save the file in HxD and in TCPGecko, go to memory viewer and input the character address, then right click the highlighted blue area and "upload data". Use the bin file we modified.

*Finally, go to party>active members and hit "Confirm" to update the changes!

If @MiMiCAX could implement a full customizer, that would be nice. For now, use this.

Last edited by TGLaw,

dudemanchan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
could i get a more comprehensive explanation on how to get xcxgecko to open? i get the log that says

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "XCXGecko.py", line 4, in <module>
File "urllib2.pyc", line 94, in <module>
File "httplib.pyc", line 80, in <module>
File "mimetools.pyc", line 6, in <module>
File "tempfile.pyc", line 35, in <module>
File "random.pyc", line 885, in <module>
File "random.pyc", line 97, in __init__
File "random.pyc", line 113, in seed
WindowsError: [Error -2146893795] Provider DLL failed to initialize correctly

the workaround detailed a few pages ago hasn't helped me as i'm a total nooblet. so any more help would be greatly appreciated. :)

TGLaw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
has anyone tried giving themselves the skell license?
Yeah, I recall trying it. Just gives the item, flags still aren't set.

Though it might be possible to fill and assign a skell slot to someone before chapter 6. Dunno. Might try it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    B @ btjunior: i love sigma meals, skibidi slicers!!