XBOX Live 1.0 fanmade replacement server announced, titled "Insignia"

It has been a decade since the shutdown of XBOX Live for the original XBOX console, with no way to play games like Halo 2 online without having to make use of XLink-Kai. That is... until now. A brand new XBOX Live replacement server has been announced, titled "Insignia", developed by Luke Usher. You might have heard his name in the past, as he leads development on Cxbx-reloaded, one of the few Microsoft Xbox emulators out there. The main goal is to get online functionality, such as online gaming, friend lists and reporting systems all functional again, for absolutely free. A private test should launch around Autumn of this year, with more semi-private tests following, until an official release. Currently, there is no set launch date for the full release.

As a sidenote, signing up does require you to enter keys that are different from any XBOX, but tools should be ready on launch.

:arrow: Insignia Discord server

:arrow: Source: (Reddit)

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
My only gripe is that nulled systems won't work. Oooooof
Thats concerning.. All my systems are nulled for easy hard drive replacement.
What's the big deal? Any eeprom hdd key except all zero is fine, and I doubt AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA (for example) is that less memorable than 00000000000000000000000000000000 :)

And a flashed or chipped console with an unlocked HDD is king when it comes to data recovery and ease of replacement!

Jayinem81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would love to play Unreal Championship 2 again, but I don't know if anyone else would want to.

Unreal is the best online games of all time IMO, and nothing comes close.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
What's the big deal? Any eeprom hdd key except all zero is fine, and I doubt AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA (for example) is that less memorable than 00000000000000000000000000000000 :)

And a flashed or chipped console with an unlocked HDD is king when it comes to data recovery and ease of replacement!
I'm still new to this world, so changing HDD keys is foreign to me. May be simple, but I haven't messed with it, yet. I have a chipped system tho :v

D

Deleted User

I have been waiting for over 20 years
For someone to do a reboot of Xbox 1.0
Live.

So I thought what I'd do is drop a little bit of
A resource for the location of the Sdl/ask
Repository because I know the group that
Has been working hard on this was needing
Some way or clues to the source programming code so here you go.
Xbox 1.0 live} sdk

Nuget.org/Packages/Microsoft.Xbox.live.sdk.winRT.UX

Known versions
V.1.0.3.6
V.1.0.3.4
V.1.0.2.8
V.1.0.2.6

Packages include)
Net CLi-
And
Data Packet References

I did a local search by typing
Xbox 1.0 live Babylon

Games with net Cli frameworks that are exploitable that were used to also implement
Some alternative ways of debugging using cpp and cli together.

Metaltech warriors (PS2&Xbox)

007 agent under fire (PS2&Xbox)

The history channel (PS2&Xbox-PC)
Battle for the pacific

Thank goodness for reboots......
I still think The Cowboy Bebop anime should get another chance at being booted back into deep relevance, but at least I still have Xbox so gorgeous and wide is all that is in the universe but the Beauty is all that is connected through it.

Ali3n90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is awesome! Got 2 consoles! The only issue is that according to the notes, if you zeroed out the HDD serial number you won't be able to use it.

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Great! i always like when people restore these things. Only tried online through xlink kai once in Halo 2 and it was full of hackers - A fun first experience but not something I'd do regularly.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
We need a softmodded Xbox for this right? Is there an easy way to do so without a modchip?
I imagine a properly done softmod would make it easier (especially if you want to install DLC, do out of region, have specific updates to ensure specific bugs are available and whatnot, maybe some cheats, level or content hacks as well) but the breakdown I saw sounded like it would work on stock (probably messing with a DNS server like we see on other consoles to block online or go on third party offerings).

Still there are two main approaches.
1) Driveswap. The hard drives (which contain the OS and all that) are locked with a secret key (this is the EEPROM part of discussions) but for a short moment during boot they are not. You can then open the xbox up, wait for this point, rip the cable out, plug it into a PC and write to the drive as per normal. It will then boot up later and you would presumably have stuffed a nice exploit and custom dashboard for it to load into.
2) Save game based softmods. Get a custom modded save onto your xbox (either want an action replay, save from an already modded xbox on a memory card, or take a controller cable and wire it for USB* and hope your collection of 2 gig or less flash drives has one that works) and load the attendant game (hope your DVD drive still works). Originally there were 3 games most used but I think there are a few others today as some people had some fun with them.
Anyway upon trying to load the save the game will crash and go to the softmod installer, follow the on screen instructions.
Depending upon how this Live emulator works you might need to do a few things -- there are few options like virtual EEPROM, shadow C and the ability to still boot into the Microsoft dashboard by pressing eject to power on (which some of the very latest softmods people made in the last few years might skip as everybody thought Live was dead and thus no point in having the option).

*5 wires inside a xbox extension, 4 inside a USB. If the USB is proper colours it will be the same as the xbox. Get a USB extension and solder like coloured wire to like coloured wire leaving the 5th inside the xbox wire alone. Congratulations you can read said 2 gig or less USB drives at USB 1.1 speeds on your xbox after you modded it, fake a memory card for the xbox to copy saves around, if you left the male USB end on use an original xbox controller on PC then you also have that, and I guess have it act as a USB extension still if all the parts are still there.

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

My consoles are both chipped with X3 chips and TSOP flashed just in case, hdd's nulled for convenience.... If its as simple as changing it from zeroes to all one letter then thats all gravy.... I can dump the eeprom in a flash and edit it to whatever it needs to e :)

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not gonna lie, I'm looking forward to this. I had to take a hard pass on the Xbox when it was new because of the requirement for paid online then. Since then, I've managed to rescue at least a few "for parts" Xbox systems and get them upgraded and running again. This would mean I could finally experience what I'd missed out on back then, on original hardware even.

D

Deleted User

Optimise and ennhance your xboxes latency
xboyx86lảtencymodpatch.png

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The rest will come together piece by piece
ezboxâisicdatabufferx86môdepâtchtransitorpad.png

D

Deleted User

A great place to install a lba to pcie tconnector which leads out to mođded scsi controller which would have xbox dvd-rw cd cpu,dvd-rw eprom ,and xor flash soldered in to its interface and installed into a pc, certain system interrupts can be adjusted while checking the scsi device from inside the of the pc's system hărdware dêvices where the scsi device would normally be,mêmory ram shadơwing and L512 mem cachê must be set in order to enable the lba to pcie to scsi output bêtween both xbox and pc simultaniously.
ezboxaisicx86passiveio.png

D

Deleted User

Re: Xbox Lba jumper/x86lantency ênnhancement arrangement done via lba pcie mini scsi dvd-rw eprom,dvd-rw cd cpu,xor flash out to pc shadơw ram and L2 cache (L512 cache) enable memory setting from pc's system bios,since there are lêsser of these i-386 and i-486 type pc motherboards
In nature nowadays the alternates of these
Memory configurations have beên merged togêther on one mode on current pc's and desktops called "Hardwảre Virturalisation" or
VT mode which is used to allơw the running of multiple simulated machines which will work and arrange memory in a simular way.

ezboxespcieennhancingforx86expantion.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3xQO7neBmy0&pp=ygUXU2hvd2VyIHNjZW5lIEhhbGYgYmFrZWQ%3D