Xbox App for PC update will enable the use of mods and installation of games in any folder

xbox app pc.JPG

In a community update video today, Microsoft announced that new features are coming to its Xbox for PC app in an upcoming update. “With great PC games like Back 4 Blood, Age of Empires IV, Forza Horizon 5, and Halo Infinite on day one with Game Pass, we wanted to provide players with more options to customize their experience in the Xbox app,” says a Jason Beaumont, partner director of experiences at Xbox, told The Verge. “We’ll continue to share updates as we launch additional features.”

In terms of customization, this update will let players select the installation folder, as well as enable them to access local files and subsequently freely mod their games installed via the Xbox for PC app. This update will also include a cloud gaming tab, allow players to find upcoming games easier and have access to faster and more reliable downloads. You can find more details in the official PC community update video below:

:arrow: SOURCE

Danker301090

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So if i get this right, can you now use this custom installation file folder to restore back your games after a fresh installation? its a pain to keep reinstalling forza that's nearly 100gb per game per restoration.

theeternal92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, it certainly took then long enough. It's something I wished they implemented back when I actually bothered with the service. Gave up on them because I got sick of the slow downloads on my fiber internet.

SecureBoot

Your friendly neighborhood idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, it certainly took then long enough. It's something I wished they implemented back when I actually bothered with the service. Gave up on them because I got sick of the slow downloads on my fiber internet.
Download speeds are what killed it for you? How much were you downloading?

SecureBoot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

theeternal92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One game at a time but it would download at like 2 to 5 mb/s. Mostly stuck to 2 mb/s commonly. The fixes that people mentioned didn't do much for me either. So I gave up.

SecureBoot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One game at a time but it would download at like 2 to 5 mb/s. Mostly stuck to 2 mb/s commonly. The fixes that people mentioned didn't do much for me either. So I gave up.
Weird. Those personalized bugs that no one can help with are the absolute worst. Ive had an rgb keyboard stuck on blood red for years

Reactions: theeternal92

theeternal92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weird. Those personalized bugs that no one can help with are the absolute worst. Ive had an rgb keyboard stuck on blood red for years
Some of us just have the best of luck apparently. A shame though since I did like the idea of the service. I just didn't like waiting half a day to play some of the larger games.

Reactions: SecureBoot

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure but I'm guessing probably just 11 since that probably gets most of their attention now that it's out.

Ah yes, the version of Windows that basically screwed over AMD users. How nice of them. Also some games get completely broken with DRM like Denuvo until "they fix it" on Windows 11. I'll stick to 10 until EOL.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Ah yes, the version of Windows that basically screwed over AMD users. How nice of them. Also some games get completely broken with DRM like Denuvo until "they fix it" on Windows 11. I'll stick to 10 until EOL.
I think they fixed the AMD thing. I'm still gonna wait a little before I update though to give the kinks time to be worked out. I was onboard with the win10 upgrade from day 1 because it just seemed like Windows 8 but done right and I was getting sick of 7. This seems like a bigger change than 8 to 10 was so there's more that could go wrong. Also not sold on the new taskbar, but that just takes some settings changes to fix.
Couldn't care less about Denuvo though. I refuse to support games that use it anyways and wouldn't buy them. I'll just wait for a crack instead.

pcwizard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So if you already have the game files on the drive and you point it to will it verify and use it so no redownload is needed like steam does?

Bobsy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is this service only for people who own both an Xbox and a PC?
I would really like to try the Xbox-Version of Guardian heroes, but I have no Xbox and there seems to be no PC version.
Basically, if this service would let me play that game, I would buy it instantly.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's great, I admit, but I still can't stand using the Windows Store (well, "Microsoft Store" now) and will avoid it like the plague.

If PC gamers can get used to that junk store, more power to them.

theeternal92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would really like to try the Xbox-Version of Guardian heroes, but I have no Xbox and there seems to be no PC version.
Basically, if this service would let me play that game, I would buy it instantly.
Pretty sure they still have a subscription for PC only or both. Either way it's a pretty cheap subscription fee considering all that is included.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

pcwizard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

This is just an update for the PC client for gamepass

Xbox cloud will allow you to play console only games on pc

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHNH5pnioQk