Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
190.jpg

Xbox 360 revenues have risen 33 percent since this time last year, hitting $1.2 billion in the first quarter, Microsoft announced today. Halo Reach represents a significant portion of the proceeds, raking in $350 million on its own (via Gamasutra).

The Xbox 360 helped the company's Entertainment and Devices Division generate a $382 million profit the quarter, which represents a 46 percent increase from last year. The console was also cited as one of the key reasons Microsoft saw its revenue increase to $16.20 billion.

Microsoft expects further increases going forward, projecting a total year revenue increase of 20 percent and 30 percent year-over-year growth. Major releases will include Kinect and Windows Phone 7.

Kinect will be out next week.[/p]

icon11.gif
Source

I'm pretty sure this year had some bigger games than last (mainly just Halo: Reach), so it's a no-brainer.

Now here comes the bagillion "BAWWWW MICROSOFT SUX XBOX SUX" haters.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeadLocked said:
I just hope they don't see these figures as a way to make more £££$$$£££$$$ because they think they can increase the price of everything.

The major revenue was probably from the remodeled Xbox (which sold cheaper than previous Xbox's and included built-in WiFi and what not) and Halo Reach, not price increases (even then, the Live price increase doesn't occur until the big Xbox update which comes out with the Kinect).

EDIT: Derp typo.

narutofan777

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
well I guess thats a good sign that their doin' good. I just hope that they will actually do something about moving gaming a step because they took one back when they made kinect (wannabe wii).

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I imagine it's from where they were originally making a loss on the console. Likewise Sony are doing much better with the revenue from PS3 since they days they were losing $$$ on every console.

Ironic considering the Wii is now making a loss, and is rapidly heading downhill.

That was such a great idea of Sony and Microsoft to copy the wii, we've already seen Move fail.

Rasas

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can we not go over who copied whom since it is really when you think about it a long of chain of companies and people copying a idea exactly or differently and possibly making it better or worse.

Kinetic>Eyetoy>Webcam and some of it's games
Move>PSP Tilt FX and Neoflash PSP Motion Kit>Wii Input Devices>N-Gage

I am missing a bunch but lets just drop the copying thing.
The > is to note which is made early not which one is better.

SPH73

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:

Very Mature
rolleyes.gif

The GameFAQs message board called. They miss you and they want you back.

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SPH73 said:
Guild McCommunist said:

Very Mature
rolleyes.gif

What exactly are you calling him immature over? Making up an exaggerated number? Or the likely imagining of the opposite of a welcome reaction to this news on a nintendo forum filled with microsoft and sony haters?

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SPH73 said:
Guild McCommunist said:

Very Mature
rolleyes.gif

He was just pointing out the inevitable. In what way is that immature?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tk_saturn said:
I imagine it's from where they were originally making a loss on the console. Likewise Sony are doing much better with the revenue from PS3 since they days they were losing $$$ on every console.

They still are, PS3 Slim's cost more to produce than they sell for. Sony just relies on software revenue to outweight production costs, and it's paying off for them.

SPH73 said:
Guild McCommunist said:

Very Mature
rolleyes.gif

Get yer panties out of a bunch.

QUOTE(ojsinnerz. @ Oct 30 2010, 10:49 AM)
Kinect is going to sell well.

Oddly probably yes. As much as many people don't want to believe it, the preorders are pretty high from what I've heard and all the analysts point to yes. Odds are it'll be a pretty lousy peripheral but as long as you pay your $150 + money for a few games I doubt Microsoft will care.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: damn