Hardware Xbone Vs Xbone S Vs Xbone Scorpio: What should I buy?

Xuman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all,

In short, ive been browsing the market for an xbone for months and with the XOS being out today, it begs the question: what to get?

I love the idea of the slim box, but the original has special editions that i want. Scorpio is basically going to be a hulk (and may as well be the next xbox according to specs imo) but i dont need a pricey console.

I dont really care much about specs, just the games, so i could really go for anything.

If i get the Original, itd have to be a special edition.

If i get the XOS, itd need to be the 2 tb one.

If i wait for scorpio, itd better have exclusive content and be solar powered so my energy bill doesnt skyrocket.

Im also taking into consideration the possibility for hax. Naturally older consoles are better suited for it, but who knows? We are only 3 years into the XO.

So, thoughts on what i should shoot for?

D

Deleted-355425

Scorpio probably wont be out until November 2017 at the earliest, the one S has a slightly overclocked cpu compared to the standard one, id go for the S now and save up ready for the scorpio :)

Reactions: cvskid

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Scorpio probably wont be out until November 2017 at the earliest, the one S has a slightly overclocked cpu compared to the standard one, id go for the S now and save up ready for the scorpio :)
It's actually the gpu that's overclocked rather than the cpu, but yeah, fully agreed! It's apparently a teeny bit noisier that the original model too, but still a good deal quieter than the PS4 and last gen so that's not a problem. Also the new joypad (I've got one, not got the console itself) is a good improvement over the original - textured grips man, I don't think I can go back now!

Don't worry about picking up another external hd if you can't find a 2TB model OP, storing your games on them, if anything, makes them run better than on the internal as that can then access the OS - Fallout 4 certainly runs far better on my external than it did on the internal (this is on the old model though!) - you could save £100rrp by plumping for the 500GB - enough for an external 2TB and plenty change for sweeties and all that! ;)

D

Deleted-355425

It's actually the gpu that's overclocked rather than the cpu, but yeah, fully agreed! It's apparently a teeny bit noisier that the original model too, but still a good deal quieter than the PS4 and last gen so that's not a problem. Also the new joypad (I've got one, not got the console itself) is a good improvement over the original - textured grips man, I don't think I can go back now!

Don't worry about picking up another external hd if you can't find a 2TB model OP, storing your games on them, if anything, makes them run better than on the internal as that can then access the OS - Fallout 4 certainly runs far better on my external than it did on the internal (this is on the old model though!) - you could save £100rrp by plumping for the 500GB - enough for an external 2TB and plenty change for sweeties and all that! ;)

My xbox one S is silent, way quieter then my original xbox one.

pizzaman2893

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should buy a pc....:P on a serious note I was wondering the same thing. For price I know the original xbones are going cheap on ebay. The one S isn't too much more expensive and it looks pretty sleek. Scorpio sounds interesting but the original xbone and the xbone s can't play alot games at 1080p 60fps, I wonder how the scorpio will fare in that area. I doubt it'll play 4k at 60fps. Plus I'm sure it'll be expensive:unsure:

RyRyIV

Primitive Screwhead
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I've heard that there will be no more 2 TB XOS' manufactured after they're gone, so if the 2 TB internal storage is what you're after, I'd recommend acting on that one sooner rather than later.

Reactions: Ericzander

Vanth88

Private
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I'd do is buy the Xbox One S and sell that for the Scorpio later next year when it comes out. You won't get all of your money back but it'll help cover most of the costs. Plus any games or accessories you buy will work with the Scorpio and it'll be at least a year before it comes out giving you plenty of time to save some cash and play some games.

That said the 2TB models contain a 5200rpm drive. What that means is that while you'd be getting a bigger drive you'd also be spending extra money on a drive that isn't any faster than the regular system. You could buy the standard xbox one s and use that extra money to purchase a much faster 2TB drive.

*EDIT* a much faster EXTERNAL drive, unless you want to void your warranty by ripping apart your system to replace the internal drive

Last edited by Vanth88,
D

Deleted-355425

What I'd do is buy the Xbox One S and sell that for the Scorpio later next year when it comes out. You won't get all of your money back but it'll help cover most of the costs. Plus any games or accessories you buy will work with the Scorpio and it'll be at least a year before it comes out giving you plenty of time to save some cash and play some games.

That said the 2TB models contain a 5200rpm drive. What that means is that while you'd be getting a bigger drive you'd also be spending extra money on a drive that isn't any faster than the regular system. You could buy the standard xbox one s and use that extra money to purchase a much faster 2TB drive.

*EDIT* a much faster EXTERNAL drive, unless you want to void your warranty by ripping apart your system to replace the internal drive

5200 rpm msg be required, I remember reading somewhere about the PS3 having issues when a 7200 was used.

FaTaL_ErRoR

AKA ŦƕƎ ƠṀƐƝ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Lol, it doesn't always void the warranty. I bought two on release day. (not the S) And neither of them had the hdd installed. I called microsoft and they air shipped tools to take apart the console...(I already had but might as well get the free tools right?)
They took both console s/n's and told me my warranty was not void. Turned out the first one I opened needed the hard drive installed, but the second one already had one in it but came with a "bonus" one. I preordered them through microsoft. Must have been Friday builds.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask...