Hacking www.wiiubru.com : Homebrew launcher website and 5.5+ exploit hosting

CuriousTommy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
could you clear your cache each time you trial it .. for some more feedback
Deleting my cookies is what you meant, right?

It worked at first, but now it crashes to a white screen (I can faintly see the web browser).

Edit: Tired the third time and now it work. I guess it doesn't have a super high success rate.

Last edited by CuriousTommy,

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I've noticed to, that if you create an account on your Wii U, that does not have a NNID attached to it, and use that instead, just to load the exploit, and don't ever use the browser for anything else on that account, that the success goes from about 95% to 99.9% for me. You can always switch back to your normal account without losing the exploit after it has loaded.

Last edited by brienj,

zdv80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
A little update :

since some people recently upgraded to 5.5.1 and are now experiencing some issues with wiiubrus exploit hosting , may i ask those that are . to trial an alternate URL : www.wiiubru.com/x . If you could provide some feedback on this that would be great so i can determine wether to upgrade the main URL.
In my case with www.wiiubru.com I always get a freeze. With the new link www.wiiubru.com/x seems to work well!!

thanks! :)

Last edited by zdv80,

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
How is SDcafiine (HBL) used? When I load the elf, it redirects to home menu.

Shouldn't it launch the program, ask me to enter web address and such?

ihateu3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Worked every single time on 5.3.2, always crashes to white video player on 5.5.1

It's something with wiiubru, other sites work, it doesn't like 5.5.1

MrUnusual

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I hope I'm in the right thread, but someone told me that @dimok has a working sdloadiine server, been looking through some of the pages on this thread and saw that some hosting was being tested, but I can't seem to find a working sdloadiine server, I have an NTSC Wii U 5.5.1, trying to mod SSB4, can anyone point me in the right direction?

MrUnusual

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I posted what I was trying to do initially here https://gbatemp.net/threads/sdcafiine-5-5-1.441874/

Following CrepperMario's steps, I loaded my kernel exploit, then launched my Homebrew Launcher using loadiine.ovh, then I launched SDCaffine, instead of it starting though and having me choose my IP like usual, it just takes me back to the Wii U Main Menu. I then tried a 2nd time, but this time I read the SDCafiine Description in which stated I have to have an ip.txt file in the wiiu folder and put my ip in it, so I did, same thing happened, SDCaffine did not load with the black cofee cup screen that asks for my IP, it just went to the main menu again, so from there I though maybe I didn't need that screen because it uses the ip.txt, but when playing SSB4, the mods still did not load, so I read through the steps again and noticed that in step 11, CreeperMario says something about an sdcaffine server by @dimok and that I should probably use that, but I'm not familiar with that or what it is or where to find it.

I downloaded the latest version of the sdcafiine server from github but when I extract it and select the sdcafiineserver.exe, it opens cmd for a split second and then closes. (I'm running Windows 10)

MrUnusual

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, but I figured out what I did wrong, the 0005000010144F00 folder was typed incorrectly, my mistake, lol, thanks. I was able to load the test mod, now I'm using DDD to dump the game. I started the dump last night around 1:30am, but then my computer decided to do a Windows update and restart itself while I was asleep, I woke up in the middle of the night and discovered that and tried again at 6:30am and went back to sleep, but my Wii U turned itself off due to the automatic power save option when it's inactive, but I disabled that and here I am again, 3rd times a charm, right? Anyways, thank you for the help, lol. Does anyone know how long the dump take?

Mattshark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A decent while; the ls file takes FOREVER, but then again, it contains basically all the models and parameters in the game. I don't know exactly how long, but overnight it worked, so I'd say not longer than 8-ish hours

D

Deleted User

Does anyone know how long the dump take?
Yeah, my Smash Bros. dump took about eight hours as well. It does help to disable the auto-power-down functions and use a computer that doesn't go to sleep. (or update in the middle of your work, as is the magic of recent Windows builds)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had that i don't think