Hacking wwt+wit: Wiimms WBFS+ISO Tools

W hat

Rhythm Heaven Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seconded. I have nothing against the Java effort going on, except all java-based GUIs I've seen are ugly and slow. (Jdownloader being the other one I know of)

Wiimm

Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
giantpune said:
now somebody needs to step up and write a nice GUI for all this
smile.gif
. i say QT all the way. it is a nice framework for building GUIs and stuff that runs on the popular operating systems.I don't need a GUI and this is definitely not my job. And WiiJManager is out.

BTW: wit is also a fst-creatorizer:
CODEwit x -F+/sys/fst.bin source_dir dest_dir
will create and extract only dest_dir/sys/fst.bin. And it is fast

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just creating the fst is not enough in most cases. the game reads the size of the fst.bin from 0x420. if you change the fst's size, you need to update the size at 0x420 as well. otherwise when the game loads files from the end of it, shit can break.

iranzo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Makefile seems to contain some failures (x86 / x86_64):

$ svn update
At revision 984.

$ make
*** tool iso2wbfs
/usr/bin/ld: file-formats.o: undefined reference to symbol 'SHA1'
/usr/bin/ld: note: 'SHA1' is defined in DSO /usr/lib64/libcrypto.so.10 so try adding it to the linker command line
/usr/lib64/libcrypto.so.10: could not read symbols: Invalid operation
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [iso2wbfs] Error 1

Regards

Wiimm

Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
There are some platform dependent troubles with openssl. I plan to integrate openssl source into the project to avoid them (source already loaded). Because of no time you have to wait .....

Wiimm

Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
wwt: Wiimms WBFS Tool v0.45a - 2010-05-05
A command line WBFS tool set for various os.

I have updated the tool. The first post with more details is updated too.

Download of the current stable version:Download of the previous stable version:Download other releases:
There is also a GUI available:

Highlights of this release:
  • wit supports the new command "VERIFY":

The command expect ISO images (all five formats are accepted) and checks them. For each used sector the hash values (H0..H4) are calculated and compared with the stored values. This command can detect bad dumps.

The command works silent and print only a message if an error was found. The option --quiet makes the command total quiet and the status is only reported as exit value. If the option --verbose is set then positive tests are also reported. The option --long controls the report length of errors.

The output is still in development, but the command works fine. But remember: 64 decryptions and 1029 SHA1 calculations are made for each MiB. This makes verifying much slower than only copying.

BTW, the command "wit verify /path/to/wbfs" will verify all discs within the WBFS.
  • With this VERIFY command there is no longer a need to compare external MD5 checksums to validate the discs. Using the internal internal checksums is much easier and can be done automatically.

Last changes:

Code:
wwt v0.44a r973 - 2010-05-02

ÂÂ- wit bug fix: Option --enc was not accepted.
ÂÂ- ISO composing supports now UPDATE, DATA and CHANNEL (new!) partitions.
ÂÂ- wit DIFF: If option --files= (-F) is set then the ISO images (real or
ÂÂÂÂvirtual FST) will be compared on file level. The option --files= declares
ÂÂÂÂa file filter.
ÂÂ- Progress counter for "wit EXTRACT" enabled.
ÂÂ- Option --files= (-F): The macros are redifined as positive list.
ÂÂÂÂNow we have the following macros:
ÂÂÂÂ=base =nobase =disc =nodisc =sys =nosys =files =nofiles =wit =wwt =sneek
ÂÂ- wit COPY can decrypt or encrypt ISO images on the fly when copying in
ÂÂÂÂscrubbed mode. This does not change the signature.
ÂÂ- Fix some troubles with new cyygwin release 1.7.5-1. The main problem
ÂÂÂÂwas file path creation with absolute path names.

wwt v0.45a r1012 - 2010-05-05

ÂÂ- To avoid troubles with platform dependent openssl support I have integrated
ÂÂÂÂthe SHA1 sources from openssl into WWT.
ÂÂ- The new command "wit VERIFY" checks the hash signatures of all needed
ÂÂÂÂsectors (keyword "scrubbed"). All five hash levels (H0..H4) are verified.
ÂÂÂÂThis means 64 decryptions and 1024 SHA1 calculations for each MiB.

Missing docu:
ÂÂ- docu of wit commands ILIST + EXTRACT + VERIFY
ÂÂ- docu of "wit COPY --fst" => "wit EXTRACT"
ÂÂ- docu of options --pmode= --sneek --fst --ignore-fst --logging (-L) --enc=

Sources comes with GPL2. Checkout the sources directly from the SVN repository or browse the source.

patrick9999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,
1/ /dev/sdb : 400 games
2/ /dev/sdg : 10 games

i have a big problem with : " ./wwt SYNC -p /dev/sdb /dev/sdg "
now :
1/ /dev/sdb : 10 games
2/ /dev/sdg : 10 games

how do I fix this to retrieve all games ? and can you add confirm message for this instructions
tongue.gif

thanks you

./wwt SYNC -p /dev/sdb /dev/sdg
***** wwt: Wiimms WBFS Tool v0.45a r1012 i386 - Dirk Clemens - 2010-05-05 *****
WBFSv0 #1 opened: /dev/sdb
- REMOVE [R5FP41] Academy of Champions
- REMOVE [SKTE78] All Star Karate
- REMOVE [RVBPRS] Alvin & The Chipmunks
- REMOVE [RUUP01] Animal Crossing Wii
- REMOVE [RO9PNK] Aqua Panic! Sauvez-les Tous!!!

Wiimm

Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
patrick9999 said:
i have a big problem with : " ./wwt SYNC -p /dev/sdb /dev/sdg "
This means: Take /dev/sdg as source and /dev/sd as destination and synchronize so that the destination is se same as the source.

Next time use --test before if you don't know what you do.

patrick9999 said:
how do I fix this to retrieve all games ?
That's a good question, because i clear the complete inode. I will answer in the evening again.

QUOTE(patrick9999 @ May 6 2010, 10:13 AM)
and can you add confirm message for this instructions
tongue.gif
Definitely NO!
The tools are designed for batch mode and should execute what the user say. Communication with the user is not planed. And for testing all commands accept the --test (-t) option.

EDIT:
I have added some lines in INIT --recover and it will restore your deleted games. I will send you a binary later (perhaps in 6-8h when I'm at home). Do you use linux/x86?

Wiiwu

Trophies
Website
mmm4wii.posterous.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Wiimm said:
Wiiwu said:
Great, this VERIFY command is a very nice and important feature to test the integrity of the files. Does it verify only the game partition sectors?
Yes, because the (few) other sectors has no check sums.

Ok I have been running it on my wbfs folder (yes it is slow) and also very disturbing to find the number of games failing verification.

May I know what is the meaning of the errors reported like H0-ERR, H1-ERR, H0-DIFF, H1-DIFF, H2-DIFF etc?

Wiimm

Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
Wiiwu said:
May I know what is the meaning of the errors reported like H0-ERR, H1-ERR, H0-DIFF, H1-DIFF, H2-DIFF etc?

H#-ERR : calculated and stored H# are different.
H#-DIFF : Tables from differences sectors, that must be equal, differ

Wiimm

Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
giantpune said:
if you are going to mess with the fst and extracted files to support sneek, it would probably be good to support part.bin files. as there is the 0xffff file limit in FAT and some games are several thousand. SSBB is over 5,000 files and guitar hero 3 is over 12,000 files. a part.bin is basically all the files that are found in the partition truncated into 1 file (starting at the boot.bin). so you dont use up 12,000 file entries where you can get away with 1. also, all the offsets for the fst.bin, main.dol, and every file in the fst.bin can be shifted down and aligned to 32 so you dont end up with a bunch of wasted space between files. basically you get a trimmed partition.
Hi giantpune, now is time to think about part.bin. Where can I find details?

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
part.bin is just a partition dumped all as 1 file instead of lots of little files. it starts at the start of boot.bin.

so, you can just dump the thing exactly like while you are extracting all the files. just shrink it as you go by shifting down all the file sizes. IDK if people will want it shrank automatically or not, as it will require fakesigning. but if you dont shrink it, you will end up with a 4GB part.bin for just about every game.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
currently the only way of playing games from part.bin is puneek. it has been removed from the sneek svn. if you want to dump it in a way that it is playable in puneek, ive just got it using the same format that sneek's DI used when it was created... reading the tmd, ticket, cert, and part.bin all from the same folder. no subfolders are involved.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Ok, I'm sorry, but I really need to know this. I want to switch to FAT32-Loading, and for that I need to extract all my games from the WBFS-Partition, and convert them to .wbfs (duh
rolleyes.gif
!). I want the WBFS-Files to be splitted at 4GB, and that they only include the Data/VC-Partitions (so everything besides the Update-Partition).

Now, what would the command be for that? I would say:
QUOTE said:
sudo wwt -vv -a extract -B -z -D '/blabal/wbfs'
This way all games get extracted to .wbfs and get splittet at 4GB. But how do I get the Update-Partition out of them? EXTRACT doesn't allow "--psel=no-update". Can anybody please help a n00b? How can I make this? And have I forgotten something important?

Thanks in advance
blush.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Too bad Excite Truck wasn't multi player :(
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Loved that game lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry for the stupid suggestion I had in that thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its fine
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what thread?
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxR2jow50Bs