1. orochics

orochics Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    from wwt: Wiimms WBFS Tool v0.42a r846 mac - Dirk Clemens - 2010-04-19
    i did notice that a 1mb dd dump from the beginning of the disk is different between versions even though a wwt dump appears the same between the versions.

2. Wiimm

OP Wiimm Developer

Germany
    Both dumps are identical and I can't see any problems.

The time stamps are different.

3. cthg

cthg GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Um, how do you actually extract isos in SNEEK format?

I did
    wit --sneek dump *.iso
    but all it did was list the files and the filestructure it needed and didn't extract the files!

4. jhoff80

jhoff80 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    wit X game.iso -d --sneek

5. Wiimm

OP Wiimm Developer

Germany
    Attention for MAC developers:

I have added SHA support to calculate hashes. When compiling an Mac I get the following error message:
    Code:
    Undefined symbols:
    ÂÂ"_SHA1", referenced from:
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂ_EncryptSectorGroup in iso-interface.o
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂ_do_disc in wiidisc.o
    ld: symbol(s) not found
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    make[1]: *** [iso2wbfs] Error 1
    make: *** [mac-ppc] Error 2
    libssl is still included. Any ideas?

EDIT
    "LIBS=-lcrypto" works for mac-ppc and for mac-i386 but not for mac-x86_64:
    Code:
    ld warning: in /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/usr/lib/libcrypto.dylib, missing required architecture x86_64 in file
    ld warning: in /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/usr/lib/libssl.dylib, missing required architecture x86_64 in file

6. sylver78

sylver78 GBAtemp Regular

France
    @wiimm : I guess that some 10.4 libraries are missing x86_64 version ... Maybe trying generating for 10.5 or 10.6 will succeed !
    Is 10.4 support needed by people or 10.5 is OK for everyone ?

7. Wiimm

OP Wiimm Developer

Germany
    I have only access to a mac/leopard -> no support for 10.5 (i think so).
    But now I have included sha1 source from openssl.

8. zon7

zon7 Member
    Newcomer

@Wiimm: I've updated to vers 0.42 and I've been playing with export to sneek (already added), but I've found that in this case, in windows (don't know if linux or os x happens the same as I've had no time) when the destination folder already exists it gives me an error. Also, if it does not exist but i give wit the cygwin path version will throw an error. That last really does not matter, but the first is a problem. Here you have the case

-If d:\games\tal\sneek exist:
    wit extract game.wdf --sneek -D d:\games\tal\sneek -> Error cause the directory already exists. This must not happen, as with other commands there is not this problem
    wit extract game.wdf --sneek -D /cygdrive/d/games/tal/sneek ->Same error again. This should also not happen

-If d:\games\tal\sneek does not exist
    wit extract game.wdf --sneek -D d:\games\tal\sneek -> Works. This is good
    wit extract game.wdf --sneek -D /cygdrive/d/games/tal/sneek ->Will tell me it cannot create "/cygdrive/d". This really I dont care as I pretend to create the folder previously.

Thanks again and really good job with the sneek export. As soon as I can try it on my wii i'll try it and try to give a better folder naming [​IMG]

9. Wiimm

OP Wiimm Developer

Germany
    first (overwriting):
    it is the policy of wwt+wit to overwrite nothing if the option --overwrite (-o) is not set.

second (/cygdrive/...)
    I will check it in the next day. It should work.

10. Wiimm

OP Wiimm Developer

Germany
    <!--sizeo:5--><span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#0000FF--><span style="color:#0000FF"><!--/coloro--><b>wwt: Wiimms WBFS Tool v0.43a - 2010-04-30</b><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->
    <!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#800000--><span style="color:#800000"><!--/coloro--><b>A command line WBFS tool set for various os.</b><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

I have updated the tool. The <a href="http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=182236#entry2286365" target="_blank"><b>first post with more details</b></a> is updated too.

<!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#000080--><span style="color:#000080"><!--/coloro--><b>Download of the current stable version:</b><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><ul><li> <a href="http://wiimm.de/x/wwt-v0.43a-r957-i386.tar.gz" target="_blank"><b>wwt-v0.43a-r957-i386.tar.gz</b></a> : linux/i386 version</li><li> <a href="http://wiimm.de/x/wwt-v0.43a-r957-x86_64.tar.gz" target="_blank"><b>wwt-v0.43a-r957-x86_64.tar.gz</b></a> : linux/x86_64 version</li><li> <a href="http://wiimm.de/x/wwt-v0.43a-r957-mac.tar.gz" target="_blank"><b>wwt-v0.43a-r957-mac.tar.gz</b></a> : Mac OS universal binaries (ppc, i386 and x86-64)</li><li> <a href="http://wiimm.de/x/wwt-v0.43a-r957-cygwin.zip" target="_blank"><b>wwt-v0.43a-r957-cygwin.zip</b></a> : cygwin (win32) version</li></ul><!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#000080--><span style="color:#000080"><!--/coloro--><b>Download of the previous stable version:</b><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><ul><li> <a href="http://wiimm.de/x/wwt-v0.42a-r846-i386.tar.gz" target="_blank"><b>wwt-v0.42a-r846-i386.tar.gz</b></a> : linux/i386 version</li><li> <a href="http://wiimm.de/x/wwt-v0.42a-r846-x86_64.tar.gz" target="_blank"><b>wwt-v0.42a-r846-x86_64.tar.gz</b></a> : linux/x86_64 version</li><li> <a href="http://wiimm.de/x/wwt-v0.42a-r846-mac.tar.gz" target="_blank"><b>wwt-v0.42a-r846-mac.tar.gz</b></a> : Mac OS universal binaries (ppc, i386 and x86-64)</li><li> <a href="http://wiimm.de/x/wwt-v0.42a-r846-cygwin.zip" target="_blank"><b>wwt-v0.42a-r846-cygwin.zip</b></a> : cygwin (win32) version</li></ul><!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#000080--><span style="color:#000080"><!--/coloro--><b>Download other releases:</b><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><ul><li> <a href="http://wiimm.de/x/wwt-v0.42a-r847-mipsel.tar.gz" target="_blank"><b>wwt-v0.42a-r847-mipsel.tar.gz</b></a> : mipsel release by Bauldrick</li><li> <a href="http://wiimm.de/x/wwt-v0.42a-r856-powerpc.tar.gz" target="_blank"><b>wwt-v0.42a-r856-powerpc.tar.gz</b></a> : powerpc release by Bauldrick</li></ul><!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#000080--><span style="color:#000080"><!--/coloro--><b>There is also a GUI available:</b><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><ul><li> <a href="http://wiimm.de/r/wiijman" target="_blank"><b>WiiJManager Multiplatform</b></a></li></ul><!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#000080--><span style="color:#000080"><!--/coloro--><b>Highlights of this release:</b><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><ul><li> wit can now extract and compose ISO images. <b>Both new features are EXPERIMENTAL.</b>
    <!--coloro:#ffffff--><span style="color:#ffffff"><!--/coloro-->.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
    </li><li> Extracing will be done with the new commands <b>"wit ILIST"</b> (list of files within ISO) and <b>"wit EXTRACT"</b> (real extract). <b>"wit COPY --fst"</b> is a synonym for for <b>"wit EXTRACT"</b>. The option --fst declares like --iso, --wdf, --ciso or --wbfs the destination format. <b>"wit DUMP"</b> is able to view the files too.
    <!--coloro:#ffffff--><span style="color:#ffffff"><!--/coloro-->.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
    </li><li> The new command <b>"wit ILIST"</b> (or short <b>"wit IL"</b>) will list all files of all given ISO images. Output can be controlled by --long and --no-header. The new option --files= controlls which files are listed. The option --psel selects partitions.
    </li><li> The new command <b>"wit EXTRACT"</b> (or short <b>"wit X"</b>) will extract all files of all given ISO images. Define a destination directory with --dest or --DEST. The new option --files= controlls which files are extracted. The option --psel selects partitions. e new option --sneek suppress output of files that SNEEK don't need.
    </li><li> The new wit option <b>--files=list</b> (-F list) define allow and deny rules for selecting files. The list is separated by semicolons into items. Each item must be begin with as plus sign (allow) or a minus sign (deny) followed by a pattern. The patterns have rsync like style. For a detailed description see file <b>"wit.txt"</b> section <b>"Selecting files with --files=rules"</b>.
    </li><li> Composing is done with the <b>"wit COPY"</b>. Just use a valid directory structure instead of a ISO image as source. The tools will build an internal virtual ISO image and when any command reads data the source files are read. The new option --log (-L) will show some composing details. Set it twice (-LL) to get more info.
    </li><li> A side effect of the virtual ISO image is that you can EXTRACT from a FST to a FST.
    </li><li><b>"wwt ADD"</b> is able to compose on the fly while adding to a WBFS.
    </li><li> The command <b>"wit DIFF"</b> (or <b>"wit CMP"</b>) will compare raw and scrubbed ISO images. It supports the virtual ISO image too, for both source and dest. But this makes only sense when comparing with a previous composed ISO, because a new ISO image is always different from an original ISO. One of the next steps is to compare ISO images on file level.
    </li><li> Before composing the command <b>"wit DUMP filssystem -l"</b> will give you an fast overview about the virtual ISO image. <b>"wit ILIST filesystem"</b> will work too.
    </li><li> The script <b>./scripts/test-wwt+wit.sh</b> will now make additional extracing and composing tests for each source. I have run this script against my test suite (19 discs with sizes between 28 MB and 9 GB, with and without udpate sections) without any errors. The script runs more than 30h on a medium fast linux system.
    </li><li> <!--coloro:#800000--><span style="color:#800000"><!--/coloro-->And again: <b>Extracting and composing ISO images are EXPERIMENTAL!</b><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--></li></ul><!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#000080--><span style="color:#000080"><!--/coloro--><b>Examples:</b><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->
    <!--c1--><div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain'><!--ec1--># this command extract all partitions to 'dest_dir'
    wit extract my.iso -D dest_dir/

# this command extracts only the data partition and onyl SNEEK needed files
    wit extract my.iso -D dest_dir/ --sneek

# And this command extract all iso found in 'source_dir' (recurse)
    # and store the results in a well named (ID6) subdir of 'dest_dir'
    wit x -r source_dir -D dest_dir/%I --sneek

# This will compose an ISO image and store it as WDF
    wit cp file_system_dir my.wdf<!--c2--></div><!--ec2-->

<!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#000080--><span style="color:#000080"><!--/coloro--><b>Last changes:</b><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->
    <!--c1--><div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain'><!--ec1-->wwt v0.42a r846 - 2010-04-19

ÂÂ- Bug fix: wit option -C was not recognized.
    ÂÂ- Bug fix: Print multiple time stamps in listing works now.
    ÂÂ- wit ILIST rewritten. It supports now --sort=
    ÂÂ- wit EXTRACT rewritten. All needed files for SNEEK are extracted.
    ÂÂ- New wit option: --pmode=default|auto|none|point|ident|name
    ÂÂÂÂThe option defined how the partition type is used to prefix the file path.
    ÂÂ- The new wit option --sneek is an abbreviation of --psel=data --pmode=none.
    ÂÂÂÂIt also suppress creating files that SNEEK don't need.

wwt v0.42b r871 - 2010-04-21 (repository only)

ÂÂ- The wiidisc interface now reads only well aligned (multiple of 512) data.
    ÂÂ- When creating a CISO the blocksize is now always a power of 2.
    ÂÂ- wwt+wit FILETYPE detect now extracted ISO file systems (FST).

wwt v0.42c r873 - 2010-04-21 (repository only)

ÂÂ- Bug fix for wiidisc aligned reading (since v0.42b).

wwt v0.43a r957 - 2010-04-30

ÂÂ- wwt+wit FILETYPE will detect 'boot.bin', 'fst.bin' and DOL files too.
    ÂÂ- wit DUMP prints internal info of 'boot.bin', 'fst.bin' and DOL files too.
    ÂÂ- "wit COPY source_dir output_file" is able to compose a trucha signed ISO
    ÂÂÂÂimage from a file system.

Missing docu:
    ÂÂ- docu of wit commands ILIST + EXTRACT
    ÂÂ- docu of "wit COPY --fst" => "wit EXTRACT"
    ÂÂ- docu of options --pmode= --sneek --fst --ignore-fst --logging --enc=<!--c2--></div><!--ec2-->

Sources comes with GPL2. Checkout the sources directly from the <a href="http://opensvn.wiimm.de/wii/trunk/wiimms-wbfs-tool/" target="_blank"><b>SVN repository</b></a> or <a href="http://wiimm.de/r/viewvc" target="_blank"><b>browse the source</b></a>.

11. W hat

W hat Rhythm Heaven Fan

United States
    The new ISOs you pack with this tool are trucha signed. Is this the same as replacing a file with Wiiscrubber?

12. Wiimm

OP Wiimm Developer

Germany
    When replacing a file the whole disc must be signed again. And wiiscrubber will then do trucha signing too. The feature to exchange only some files is a great advantage of wii scrubber, at the moment. I plan some DIFF, PATCH and MERGE features.

13. obsydian

obsydian Newbie
    Newcomer

Using 0.43a on Win7 64-bit, I'm having some problems using the sneek recursive example you gave.

1. wit: ERROR #26 [SYNTAX ERROR] in CheckCommand() @ src/wit.c#2290
    Command 'EXTRACT' don't allow the option --update

2. wit: ERROR #18 [CAN'T CREATE DIRECTORY] in CreatePath() @ src/lib-std.c#3141
    Can't create directory g:\games\

I get the directory error on every game when it tries to extract recursively. If I extract each iso individually, it works fine however.

14. jhoff80

jhoff80 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Code:
    # And this command extract all iso found in 'source_dir' (recurse)
    # and store the results in a well named (ID6) subdir of 'dest_dir'
    wit x -r source_dir -D dest_dir/%I --sneek --update
    I don't think you meant to have the --update part at the end there. It says that --update isn't allowed for the EXTRACT command if you do that.

15. Wiimm

OP Wiimm Developer

Germany
    1.) Yes, the --update option was wrong in that example.

2.) use slashes instead of \: ==> g:/games/

EDIT:
    Under cygwin the name of the G:/path... drive is: /cygdrive/g/path/...
    The auto translations seems to be broken (I have updated cygwin for a few days)

16. obsydian

obsydian Newbie
    Newcomer

Thanks Wiimm. Same error #18 using / or using /cygdrive/g/games. Also gives the error when running as administrator.

The extract command works properly when not running recursively, even with G:\ instead of G:/

17. Wiimm

OP Wiimm Developer

Germany
    There is an error in cygwin when creating paths. I have fixed it a minute ago (wait for next release).

Solution: Switch to the destination drive and use relative paths.

18. Wiimm

OP Wiimm Developer

Germany
    wwt: Wiimms WBFS Tool v0.44a - 2010-05-02
    A command line WBFS tool set for various os.

I have updated the tool. The first post with more details is updated too.

Download of the current stable version:Download of the previous stable version:Download other releases:There is also a GUI available:Highlights of this release:
    • ISO composing supports now UPDATE, DATA and CHANNEL (new!) partitions.
    • wit DIFF is able to compare on file level, if option --files= (-F) is set. Comparing 2 FST is also possible. The option --files= (file filter) declares which files are comapred. A simple -F+ compares all files (real and system files). A -F=files compares only real files. There are more macros like =files defined. (see next point)
    • Option --files= (-F): The macros are redifined as positive list. Now we have the following macros: =base =nobase =disc =nodisc =sys =nosys =files =nofiles =wit =wwt =sneek. This option is well documented in section "Selecting files with --files=rules" of file "wit.txt".
    • wit COPY can decrypt or encrypt ISO images on the fly when copying in scrubbed mode. This does not change the signature. Compressing decrypted files (with rar, zip, bzip2) is much better. I have testet 5 games with the result of 10%-50% size reducing. Encrypting a decrypted file results in the identical image as before decrypting.
    Last changes:

Code:
    wwt v0.43a r957 - 2010-04-30

ÂÂ- wwt+wit FILETYPE will detect 'boot.bin', 'fst.bin' and DOL files too.
    ÂÂ- wit DUMP prints internal info of 'boot.bin', 'fst.bin' and DOL files too.
    ÂÂ- "wit COPY source_dir output_file" is able to compose a trucha signed ISO
    ÂÂÂÂimage from a file system.

wwt v0.44a r973 - 2010-05-02

ÂÂ- wit bug fix: Option --enc was not accepted.
    ÂÂ- ISO composing supports now UPDATE, DATA and CHANNEL (new!) partitions.
    ÂÂ- wit DIFF: If option --files= (-F) is set then the ISO images (real or
    ÂÂÂÂvirtual FST) will be compared on file level. The option --files= declares
    ÂÂÂÂa file filter.
    ÂÂ- Progress counter for "wit EXTRACT" enabled.
    ÂÂ- Option --files= (-F): The macros are redifined as positive list.
    ÂÂÂÂNow we have the following macros:
    ÂÂÂÂ=base =nobase =disc =nodisc =sys =nosys =files =nofiles =wit =wwt =sneek
    ÂÂ- wit COPY can decrypt or encrypt ISO images on the fly when copying in
    ÂÂÂÂscrubbed mode. This does not change the signature.
    ÂÂ- Fix some troubles with new cyygwin release 1.7.5-1. The main problem
    ÂÂÂÂwas file path creation with absolute path names.

Missing docu:
    ÂÂ- docu of wit commands ILIST + EXTRACT
    ÂÂ- docu of "wit COPY --fst" => "wit EXTRACT"
    ÂÂ- docu of options --pmode= --sneek --fst --ignore-fst --logging (-L) --enc=
    Sources comes with GPL2. Checkout the sources directly from the SVN repository or browse the source.

19. W hat

W hat Rhythm Heaven Fan

United States
    I appreciate you answering my questions. It looks like you're well on your way to having a complete replacement for Wii Scrubber.

I'll be glad to test the patching capabilities of your tools when they are ready. I have the following games to test with:

Endless Ocean - USA, PAL, JPN-1.1, JPN-1.0
    Endless Ocean 2 - USA, PAL, JPN

20. giantpune

giantpune GBAtemp Addict

United States
    now somebody needs to step up and write a nice GUI for all this [​IMG] . i say QT all the way. it is a nice framework for building GUIs and stuff that runs on the popular operating systems.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - WBFS+ISO, wwt+wit, Wiimms