Hacking Extract all files from WBFS file using WTT / WIT?

mossywell

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
I've downloaded WIT and installed it.
I've read https://wit.wiimm.de/wwt/ but I do not understand the syntax to extract files from a WBFS file.
Unfortunately despite the full documentation there are no examples and I just get lots of errors when I run it.

For example, if I have a file C:\Temp\myfile.wbfs and I want to extract all the files from it to C:\Output.

Something like "wtt extract C:\Temp\myfile.wbfs --output C:\Output" (obvs that's not going to work.)

I'm not even sure if wtt extract is the right command as the documentation says "will extract Wii discs" which I don't want - I want to extract the file itself.

Can someone help please?

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've read https://wit.wiimm.de/wwt/ but I do not understand the syntax to extract files from a WBFS file.
Unfortunately despite the full documentation there are no examples and I just get lots of errors when I run it.

For example, if I have a file C:\Temp\myfile.wbfs and I want to extract all the files from it to C:\Output.

Something like "wtt extract C:\Temp\myfile.wbfs --output C:\Output" (obvs that's not going to work.)

I'm not even sure if wtt extract is the right command as the documentation says "will extract Wii discs" which I don't want - I want to extract the file itself.

Can someone help please?
Just use Wii Backup Manager to convert it back to iso

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

Can someone help please?
You can try "wit copy" it can copy from ISO/WBFS to disk, disk to ISO/WBFS, ISO/WBFS to ISO/WBFS and is a simple "wit copy c:\source\game.wbfs c:\target" command.

mossywell

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Ignore, worked it out. I need wit, not wtt. The syntax is:

wit extract "C:\Temp\myfile.wbfs" C:\NewFolder

C:\NewFolder mustn't exist beforehand.

EDIT: Thanks for the replies! I'm so slow at typing you replied before me. :blush:

Last edited by mossywell,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)