Homebrew Official WUP Installer - Title installer + Firmware spoofing [3.x - 5.4.0]

RareKirby

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Q0fqZ97.png
So does this mean we can get DLC free? Because the normal title update already gave me the dlc I needed to play the game but not free but why do I need the dlc one?

Ichii Giki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I managed to fix my issue manually, although it came at a loss. I took the update data that the WUP installer installed and copied it to my USB that was plugged in. The Wii U told me that there was existing data, and I overwrote it, then I copied it back to the console. However, my save data ended up being wiped, although I'm not too concerned about that - I hadn't even used online and only made one level and was in the progress of making a second one before shelving it because I couldn't update.

So you were able to get SSBU update installed and playable (even at the cost of losing your save)? Did you self host/what was the speed of your SD card/how long did you wait for it to install before rebooting? I'm curious because my Splatoon install is in a sorry state right now: I copied my save to another USB storage device then deleted it from the console so there was NO Splatoon data on the console at all and the game still refuses to even launch without an update. This is a pretty shitty situation because even a normal user (without hacking), if they say had their Splatoon data on an external drive that failed and didn't have an internet connection but still wanted to play the game without their save couldn't do so without installing the update. I thought if I deleted everything it would let me at least launch vanilla Splatoon from the disk, but so far no dice...

Last edited by Ichii Giki,

loco365

Trophies
XP
So you were able to get SSBU update installed and playable (even at the cost of losing your save)? Did you self host/what was the speed of your SD card/how long did you wait for it to install before rebooting? I'm curious because my Splatoon install is in a sorry state right now: I copied my save to another USB storage device then deleted it from the console so there was NO Splatoon data on the console at all and the game still refuses to even launch without an update. This is a pretty shitty situation because even a normal user (without hacking), if they say had their Splatoon data on an external drive that failed and didn't have an internet connection but still wanted to play the game without their save couldn't do so without installing the update. I thought if I deleted everything it would let me at least launch vanilla Splatoon from the disk, but so far no dice...
My update data was for Super Mario Maker, not Smash U. I self-hosted, and the speed of my SD card is Class 10, and I only waited about 15 minutes, since SMM's update size isn't terribly large (Less than 400MB).

Reactions: Ichii Giki

Ichii Giki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My update data was for Super Mario Maker, not Smash U. I self-hosted, and the speed of my SD card is Class 10, and I only waited about 15 minutes, since SMM's update size isn't terribly large (Less than 400MB).

Ah okay, I'm wondering if anyone has updated anything besides SMM on 5.4.0 so far since that is the only title I have had success with as well. (Maybe big updates are just breaking on 5.4.0 wupinstaller?)

Xalyy

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Good to know I'm not alone. I've been trying to update the Splatoon US version and so far no success. I have tried faster SD cards (Class 10), waiting longer (10 hours just this last try), and I still get the "Unnecessary Data" error after restart. However, I was successful in updating Super Mario Maker, so it still works for at least some things. So far my results have been:

Successful:
1. 5.5.1 version title spoof (installed easily)
2. Super Mario Maker (newest as of 1/13/2016 - Class 4 SD card, waited about 1.5 hours for 189MB update to install - able to go online/download courses, etc. and update shows up properly in data management).

Unsuccessful:
1. Splatoon (newest as of 1/13/2016 - Class 4/10 SD cards tried, waited 3/5/10 hours for 579MB update to install - so far "Unnecessary Data" message every time).

2 things that were different between these games before trying to update:
1. Super Mario Maker had NEVER been updated before, so there wasn't an existing update that needed to be changed/removed
2. First attempt that did anything for Splatoon, since it had been updated before, left a corrupted Splatoon update showing in data management with an "!" over it. All I could try to do was delete the update and try installing from scratch, which ever since has left the game unlaunchable (it was also unlaunchable with the corrupted "!" update) and every attempt has resulted in "Unecessary Data".

There must be something different about this update in terms of size/etc. that is making it fail since multiple people are experiencing problems with installing it. Has anyone been able to successfully install any game updates on 5.4.0 BESIDES Super Mario Maker/5.5.1 spoof? I would be curious to know if anyone else has had success and with what games/sizes of updates/how long they waited for it to install/speed of their SD card. (I'm also wary to try updating any other games as I do not want to render them unplayable like Splatoon currently is...)

Same with me. Tried updating splatoon its just not works. I have UHS 1 card thou 16gb. It should take 10-15 minutes but unneccesary data.

This is getting really fustrating, I spent more time hacking the console then actually playing... And Im a new wii user.

Last edited by Xalyy,
Reactions: Ichii Giki

Kakkoii

Old fart
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
EDIT: Oh, and nnu is still crashing for me, I don't know why. The video player widget pops up and the whole thing crashes on that screen, similar to how it was doing for wupinstaller before i got it working.
Hmm, I just tried doing wupinstaller and then NNU again today and it crashed. But then I tried doing ksploit first and then NNU and it worked. So maybe try that (locally hosted).

Attachments

• ksploit.zip
    11.9 KB · Views: 117

kardus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm, I just tried doing wupinstaller and then NNU again today and it crashed. But then I tried doing ksploit first and then NNU and it worked. So maybe try that (locally hosted).
Got around the issue of using wupinstaller for the broken updates by just deleting the game itself plus any update data off of storage, and then going to the eshop with nnu and redownloading the game. When you download a full game from the eshop it will automatically put the latest update in the download queue.

Kind of inconvenient because large games take hours to download/install but at least I can play offline again.

Ichii Giki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got around the issue of using wupinstaller for the broken updates by just deleting the game itself plus any update data off of storage, and then going to the eshop with nnu and redownloading the game. When you download a full game from the eshop it will automatically put the latest update in the download queue.

Kind of inconvenient because large games take hours to download/install but at least I can play offline again.

Good to know at least. Makes me wish my copy of Splatoon was digital... :(

ShinkoNet

Obsessed with Touhou
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
To those on 5.4 who have successfully updated a game:

Did you get a 0x00000000 error when you were waiting for it to update?
Did you selfhost or access it on a website?

Please tell me if you have :)

1337tothemax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To those on 5.4 who have successfully updated a game:

Did you get a 0x00000000 error when you were waiting for it to update?
Did you selfhost or access it on a website?

Please tell me if you have :)
Yea I got that error while updating Super Mario Maker. Yes I self hosted. Left the console on for like 30 minutes and turned it off and on, and it was installed. Couldn't seem to get any other game to work though, unfortunately.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    but its a custom os for both of them
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    designed for only specific hardware
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    so you have to learn to emulate that specific hardware which isn't as easy as you'd think
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's a locked down Linux distro basically
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I think the only custom hardware is to do with the SSD and a security chip
    Probably combined in one chip
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They place married security chips onto boards iirc
    Damn Frontier is offering 5Gbps now lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I honestly can't recommend any of the big 3 this years I'd say buy a rog ally z1 if we're being honest
    Honestly after the PS3 and 360 I just went full PC
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Every games basically cross platform they only have about 6 titles making it worth the $600 price tag
    Didn't see much need for a console, all the advantages have kind of disappeared
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    the ps3 used to support installing linux because the cpu was so powerful
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Then the games are $70 and they want to reboot and refresh the same game every year
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The ps3 was always Linux they just found a way to make it open source
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    I'm avoiding buying from the big 3 at all atm
    At one point PC game pads where poorly supported, loading a game had setup, it was complicated. Now it's almost as easy as a console.
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    nintendo needs to up their game soon
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah even bt support for Xbox one controllers are just as easy as pairing
    +1
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    considering the steamdeck can emulate the switch (yikes) theres almost 0 reason to buy the switch apart from playing online and using cartridges
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Xinput and 360 dongles were a driver nightmare
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I remember having to manually put in drivers and what not
    Yeah the 360 dongles sucked
    But the new Xbox pads? PIr it up and if a game supports it it just works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Most emulators even automatically detect them now
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Most emulators even automatically detect them now