Gaming Would you have bought your DS...

Would you have bought a DS if piracy was impossible?

• No, I loooove my free games. <3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, I would have still purchased it. <3

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

thaddius

Charmander is not pleased.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I got a launch one when there weren't any.

I bought a PassMe as soon as I heard about them though because I had a few GBA flash carts lying around.

D

Deleted User

I also bought mine on launch day (US launch that is) and waited for a slot 1 solution until I got my first flashcard.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I bought my DS phat, lite, and DSi all on launch, and I've bought more than 75 DS games.
My flashcarts just let me carry multiple games, with homebrew.
smile.gif

Djay187

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yep, I brought my DS Phat and spent thousands on games before I'd even heard of flashcards.
Can't say I've paid for many games since getting my first R4 a few years back but I gone through a few lites and now on to an XL, plus upgrades in cards.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'll still buy a DS even if flashcart don't come out.

Typical for Nintendo, blaming piracy. While they should do some self reflection instaed.

mangaTom

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Even if flashcarts are non-existent, I would still buy my DSi.After all it's my first handheld and it has all my fav. titles(I always borrow classmates
sad.gif
).Flashcarts are just the bonus for me cause after all you can do many things gamecards can't do(homebrew).

Shinigami357

Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
Shinigami357 said:
Guild McCommunist said:
I bought my DS before I at least knew about flashcarts, but if it wasn't for my flashcart, it'd have been sitting on my shelf for years. I mean I don't make a lot of my own money so I can't buy a lot of stuff and there's so many games out there that are worth playing but not worth the purchase. There's hardly any games worth the purchase.

i don't think this is very fair. at least say that you think there are hardly any games worth the purchase.

There's not many games that you'll be getting $30 worth of play time. There's a shit ton of games you'll buy, play through once, and then have no want or need to play it again.

EDIT: And for the record I've played A LOT of DS games through my flashcart. And through all my piracy I can tell if a game is worth the purchase or not. Although even if it's worth the purchase I usually don't bother. Only exception is No More Heroes since I just want to add them to my collection.

well, that's just your opinion, isn't it? obviously, there are lots of people who believe certain games are indeed worth the money. just because you don't have much doesn't mean you should think they aren't worth your cash. if you think that way, it's fine, but please don't state it as if it as a universal fact.

Kaosu-Noko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just found out about flashcarts 2 years ago and i had up to 4 ds's since launch although i only played the mario and pokemon games i get bored with everything else

mAlvarado

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
phoenixgoddess27 said:
I had my DS before I even knew what a flash cart was, so the answer is, yes.

This is my case too
laugh.gif

I bought my DSL 3 years ago, only for TLOZ Phantom Hourglass (also pre ordered TLOZ ST on amazon the last year)

Presto99

You slammin, bro?
Trophies
Website
https
XP
Country
United States
I got the original DS like when it first came out, by being in debt to my parents.
wink.gif
It came with SM64DS, which I thought was totally awesome as I had the n64 one for a while. I would buy some games, but I had lost some too, which bugged me. Thankfully I found out about flashcards and got an acekard! And while I mostly use it for backups of games I've purchased, I'm not perfect at it.

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course - I bought my first DS on launch date, and didn't learn about flashcarts until last year.

And even now, I don't have a flashcart with downloaded roms. After learning how to, I dump my own Roms, and then put the games back in their case and then into my closet for safe keeping.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work