would it be possible to develop vwii homebrew that supports a wii u formatted hard drive via using a dumped otp on sd card?

ColdBlitz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've learned alot about the wii u's current file system and I believe it could be possible to develop homebrew that supports it via a dumped otp? since the wii u format uses otp for reading it has been done but not in the same way I described it (also usb loader gx with support for wii u format could be a nice workaround for the 300 title limit).

Last edited by ColdBlitz,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've learned alot about the wii u's current file system and I believe it could be possible to develop homebrew that supports it via a dumped otp? since the wii u format uses otp for reading it has been done but not in the same way I described it (also usb loader gx with support for wii u format could be a nice workaround for the 300 title limit).
It uses seeprom as well. From what I understand, it would be difficult to add to the 300 limit, because the file for that only has room for 300 titles.

ColdBlitz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It uses seeprom as well. From what I understand, it would be difficult to add to the 300 limit, because the file for that only has room for 300 titles.
okay so seeprom would be required and I am not sure if my Idea would work in practice or if vwii homebrew will be alive long enough for someone to develop that. Since the only way to avoid the 300 title limit on wii u is through ftpiiu which is very dangerous (especially because theres no priiloader/bootmii equivalent for wii u)

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've learned alot about the wii u's current file system and I believe it could be possible to develop homebrew that supports it via a dumped otp?
You can read OTP from vWii, so why dump it? The real problem is that the filesystem isn't understanded good enough (we can't even write to it from PC).
since the wii u format uses otp for reading it has been done
No, you need a key from OTP, not the whole thing. OTP itself is decypted with a key from seeprom. That's why you need both on PC: just to get that key.
also usb loader gx with support for wii u format could be a nice workaround for the 300 title limit.
Running Wii U games in vWii is impossible and doesn't make any sense at all. There are better concepts to work around the 300 title limit.

Last edited by V10lator,

ColdBlitz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can read OTP from vWii, so why dump it? The real problem is that the filesystem isn't understanded good enough (we can't even write to it from PC).

No, you need a key from OTP, not the whole thing. OTP itself is decypted with a key from seeprom. That's why you need both on PC: just to get that key.

Running Wii U cames in vWii is impossible and doesn't make any sense at all. There are better concepts to work around the 300 title limit.
I didn't mean running wii u games in vwii I meant running wii games in vwii because most people do it through vc injects.
I didn't know reading the otp from vwii was possible without dumping but that saves one step. yea its still many years until someone actually makes a way to do what I thought about.
Post automatically merged:

only thought about this because I couldn't run a patched version of wii sports storm city through wii vc injects

Reactions: godreborn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, only @BakerMan is as young as me