Homebrew which format should I use to load wii u games?

vento5886

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm really new to the Wii U homebrew community, but not new in the Wii one. I'm used to just pop the game in a folder in my USB drive, load USB Loader GX and load it from there. To load Wii U games on a Wii U, is it the same or is it completely different?
I've been doing some research and I found about .WUD files and how you can install them through WUD Manager GX2 (I think that's the name), so I searched and searched for a site that has those files, and I couldn't find anything. The only copies that I can find are .iso files. Is there a way to install or load .iso files or even converting to a file that is possible to do that? If yes, to which format and how do I convert it?

Last edited by vento5886,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use a HDD to store your game, as for installing you need CFW and put the files on the SD card for it to install with WUP installer GX2. Or you can use NUSspli to download games directly to the system.

vento5886

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Use a HDD to store your game, as for installing you need CFW and put the files on the SD card for it to install with WUP installer GX2. Or you can use NUSspli to download games directly to the system.
so, I don't need to install directly to the system memory. But, what program do I use to load the games? And which file format do I need to use? (ex: .wbfs for the Wii)

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so, I don't need to install directly to the system memory. But, what program do I use to load the games? And which file format do I need to use? (ex: .wbfs for the Wii)

You shouldn't install it to the Internal NAND, instead you want to install the game to a HDD, you have to install not just mounting the game. as for wii u games you can use Wii U USB helper download the files, then put on SD card to install or you can use NUSspli to install directly to the HDD as it is a Wii U Homebrew. As for the format you should look for NUS format Wii U games.

Last edited by Hayato213,
Reactions: vento5886

Plutaneous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As for loading the games, you would load them from the main wii screen, it's not like wii where you would need to load usb loader to load the games to play. On the wii U you install the game with something like Hayato said (wup installer gx2 or NUSspli, I use NUSspil because it's alot easier, it downloads and installs the game right from the program), and then you just load the game from the main wii menu.

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
so I searched and searched for a site that has those files, and I couldn't find anything.
We normally grab these files directly from Nintendos servers with (one of) these tools:
- https://github.com/Xpl0itU/WiiUDownloader/releases
- https://github.com/V10lator/NUSspli/releases

how do I convert it?
https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-different-wiiu-games-formats-and-how-to-convert-them.449212/ - but it's really more simple to just download in the correct format from the beginning.

.WUD files
A .wud file is a Wii U Disc Image aka a .iso file. You probably mean WUP which is a bunch of files and folders installable through WUP Installer or NUSspli.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto