Hacking WOODR4 V1.14 for R4ids gold has been released

andreas_2008

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
I am very confused about the different versions of "Gold" cards
wacko.gif
I bought my card from http://www.r4ids.com/.
Does someone know if there is a version of Wood available for R4i V2.0 card and what kind of SW I can install? That server is very slow and it seems that upgrades are also not made frequently. Therefore I want to install something else hopefully working.
rolleyes.gif

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Your card isn't the card this Wood was made for, this won't work on your card.

There's many "versions" because there's many clones. Two clones just happened to choose the "gold" name, because these chinese companies don't care that they're making fake products as long as they get your money, they'll say pretty much anything.

andreas_2008

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
@Rydian

Thank you for the answers! Bad luck for me; according your information it looks I bought a clone.
Do you know any R4 module which can be used for dsl (lite) AND dsi-xl; NO clone so that wood runs?
I would like to use "memorycard up to 32GB"

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
That's the thing. In general, any R4 other than the plain "R4" is a clone.

The R4 was the first popular flash cart, but then the team vanished, so the chinese clone makers started making all sorts of copies of it to play off it's popularity (since the original R4 team isn't here anymore to sue).

You have two choices for carts that have proper support/updates. This is important, because the support/updates are what let you play the newest games.
[*]Acekard 2i
  • Price: $15 from shoptemp.com
  • Advantages: Can use AKAIO, giving it compatibility with modern games. Can update itself and cheats over wifi, supports the DSi/XL, and supports memory cards up to 32GB.
  • Disadvantages: Can't do any of the special stuff the DSTwo can.
  • Rank: Mid-range card for people that want to play lots of games on a DSi/XL with some extra features.
[*]Supercard DSTwo
  • Price: $35 from shoptemp.com
  • Advantages: Supports the DSi/XL, can update itself even if the DSi won't run it, supports memory cards up to 32GB, real-time save (save states), in-game guide (show text and images from walkthroughs without having to reset the game), "free cheat" which lets you modify memory while the game is running, GBA and SNES emulator, slow motion, and more.
  • Disadvantages: The onboard processor and such means it eats into your battery life a bit.

Gariscus

Former Team Cyclops Mod
Trophies
XP
Country
Then buy a real R4... There is no guarantee that WOODR4 for R4i Gold is going to be updated past 1.14 anyway.

If you have a DSi however and you're cheap I recommend you buy an Acekard 2i, it has AKAIO(which is better than WOOD) and it costs only $3 more than the R4i Gold.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
blueshockz said:
Buy it official R4iGold firmware is better than Akaio and you can load wood using the official firmware or vice versa...

Rydian said:
blueshockz said:
its better than akaio because it have a game and moonshell menuMoonshell is a free homebrew program, you can run it on any flash cart that supports homebrew. I don't know WHAT the Gold team told you, but that's how it actually is.

blueshockz said:
good cheat menu selection
How is it better than AKAIOs? Hell, with AKAIO you can update your cheats over wifi from a database people update automatically for new games and codes.

QUOTE(blueshockz @ Oct 24 2010, 08:40 AM)
and all games really play smoothly and finish it without any problem.
What version of AKAIO are you using? After 1.5 came 1.6 RC1, 1.6 RC2, 1.7, 1.7.1, 1.8, and now 1.8.1 (which plays all the recent games).

Etalon

Former Akaio Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Macau
Gariscus said:
You're supporting someone who is making money off of the R4 name. No, you did not make the right choice.

lol. And CycloDS, M3, Supercard and Acekard make money off the Nintendo name.

What's worse?
rolleyes.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: 😭