Hacking New flashcart R4i Gold 3DS Plus from r4ids.cn

Jerrysdkgf159

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
There is a new flashcart-R4i Gold 3DS Plus released by r4ids.cn. Site: http://www.r4ids.cn/r4ids-e.htm
r4igold3dsplus.png
r4iGold3DS_plus.png
r4iGold3DS_New2.jpg

R4i Gold 3DS Plus Features:
★Push the switch to the right side, which is marked as “D”. The card works as a normal flashcard, which can support all ds games and all kinds of consoles.
plus1.png

★Push the switch to the left side, which is marked as “N”. The card works as a normal NTRboot loader, which can boot up SafeB9SInstaller and can support all kinds of 3DS consoles.
plus2.png

★The boot data is pre-flashed and users do not need to flash it with ntrboot_flasher.firm.
plus3.png

★This card is completely compatible with R4i Gold RTS, which is released by the same team.

R4i Gold 3DS Plus Package:

★ 1 x R4i Gold 3DS Plus Card.
★ 1 x USB Card Reader.

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So apparently you have to open the cart to access the switch. Sure, most people probably would not need to switch back and forth but it just seems like poor design. I am going to assume that the decision was made so they could keep using the old cases as is instead of making a new one to accommodate an external switch a la Ace3DS X's.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
To change the mode we need to dismantle the R4 ??? :(
Yes, but it's easy to do with just a fingernail. The shells tend to pop off much easier than regular gamecarts.
Another one?

Placing the switch on the inside is a rather bad idea. Someone could end up wrecking the flashcart (chances are unlikely, but you know how noobs are).
It is inconvenient, but most users won't need to use the ntrboot feature more than once.
I actually plan on buying this cart. Mostly because need a new R4i Gold and I might as well have this one instead.
I do too if the price isn't $5 more than the original.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Srr Im not english, I dismantle the r4 but after to put the r4 in the cartbridge, it's easy ?
Idk. But I suppose that it's not very hard if the card is similar to other flashcards (tho you must make sure that the pcb is in the right position when putitng it back together).

if one of these companies wants to stand out, they need to make it work like this

SD Card inserted = DS Mode
no SD Card = NTRBoot Mode
I think that ace3ds X's solution with the switch on the outside is pretty good.

Reactions: Xyphoseos

MiiJack

Trophies
XP
Country
Madagascar
We might see many flashcart (other than Ace3dsX) like that in the futur, which I don't get why is everyone copying everyone. Also it's kinda ugly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs